Diablo 3 Discussion Thread

I hope copies will be available at the nearest stores(target, walmart, etc). Seems like more people ordered digitally or ordered online. Just want to drive somewhere nearby in the morning and pick it up!

You just want to have a box?

I hope copies will be available at the nearest stores(target, walmart, etc). Seems like more people ordered digitally or ordered online. Just want to drive somewhere nearby in the morning and pick it up!

should check if your gamestop is doing a midnight release and see if they have any copies for pre order and pick it up at midnight and play all night long. then you dont have to get up in the morning because youll already be up. :D

A new darkd3 update by Jay Wilson.

Q: Why can't we use the darker colors ?It doesn't bother anybody and it increases the pleasure in game. It's not like a cheat !
A: TOS against mods is so we can ban cheaters. I agree DarkD3 is not a cheat...yet. As long as it is not a cheat, no ban is likely

Source.

Whew. Let's hope they stick with this stance. Anyone going to risk it on day one?

Edit: Oops, didn't realize it was posted on the previous page. I totally skipped right over it somehow and I read every reply. Thanks for the notice refraxion.

Last edited:
A new darkd3 update.

Q: Why can't we use the darker colors ?It doesn't bother anybody and it increases the pleasure in game. It's not like a cheat !
A: TOS against mods is so we can ban cheaters. I agree DarkD3 is not a cheat...yet. As long as it is not a cheat, no ban is likely

Source.

Whew. Let's hope they stick with this stance. Anyone going to risk it on day one?

Posted on the previous page, but yeah it wasn't too noticeable there. Great that you brought it back to light.

I really want to use sharpen at least.

You just want to have a box?

Ha, not really I just don't have access to buy it electronically online

should check if your gamestop is doing a midnight release and see if they have any copies for pre order and pick it up at midnight and play all night long. then you dont have to get up in the morning because youll already be up. :D

I really do want to play on midnight release. I think somehow I can find a way to get it digitally :D

Regarding the FXAA injector,

I recall seeing a link to a website that let you demo all the settings but I cannot seem to find it... anyone help me out?

Thanks!

EDIT: Found it! -> http://darkd3.com/

Is there a reason I'm not aware of why I couldn't just add that sharpness filter over the game within my NVIDIA driver?

I like the effect of the sharpness control but seems silly that I have to download files from a third party to accomplish this.

Are players in the same session sharing XP (no matter who gets the kill) or is XP rewarding based on pr. player kill?

Are the boxed copies in stores already or do we have to wait another ~20 hours or so? Ideally i'd just like to pick it up and come home to pre-load. Yes I want a box copy over digital.

Are players in the same session sharing XP (no matter who gets the kill) or is XP rewarding based on pr. player kill?

Experience is shared, and interestingly enough, magic find% is split among the group too. It adds up everyones MF% and then divides it by the number of players in game.

Well ladies and gentlemen, it's officially 24 hours (to the minute) until showtime.

Edit: Damnit, I was off by one hour. 25 hours to go, sorry!

Edit2: Okay, now there's 24 hours left.

Last edited:
Man I'm torn where to get the game. To play at midnight, its either digital download or local Gamestop midnight launch, downside is that the game is full price. If I wait 'til the next morning, I could pick it up when Fry's or Microcenter opens for a discount since I live within 10 minutes of each. (Fry's usually sells AAA new releases for 5-10 bucks less during the first few days to undercut the competition). Yeah... first world problems.

I watched those videos this morning ... very interesting ... I am chomping at the bit to get started ... the combo aspect could definitely add some extra dimensions to combat ... since the person I am going to MP with likes the DH and Wizard I will develop melee characters first so I will get a nice barbarian and maybe a backup monk also

AeonF1 said:
Man I'm torn where to get the game. To play at midnight, its either digital download or local Gamestop midnight launch, downside is that the game is full price. If I wait 'til the next morning, I could pick it up when Fry's or Microcenter opens for a discount since I live within 10 minutes of each. (Fry's usually sells AAA new releases for 5-10 bucks less during the first few days to undercut the competition). Yeah... first world problems.

I just did the Annual Pass so I pre-loaded yesterday, took like an hour to download the 7.6GB on a Comcast cable connection.

On a side note, anyone that can explain how the server process works? If I say, invite my friends to a game I created, am I the host? Is it running off my connection? Or are we all in fact, connecting to a blizzard server? Never really bothered to ask how the Diablo games went about doing this. If anyone even knows that is.

So, is this absolutely confirmed for a midnight unlock or are people just assuming?

It is confirmed, tonight at 11:01 EST, the game will unlock to install. At 3:01AM EST, the game will be available to play in your region. Open world region play (changing regional servers) will be available later.

It is confirmed, tonight at 11:01 EST, the game will unlock to install. At 3:01AM EST, the game will be available to play in your region. Open world region play (changing regional servers) will be available later.

Actually 11:01 this morning. So little more than an hour from now. Also the main Diablo website will be updated with correct and up to date skill, item, artisan, and other info.

I know many people who assumed it was midnight in their time zone... I've had to bear the unfortunate news that it's 12 am pacific to many EST and CST people.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/monk#aWVThR!dZW!ZZaaaa

this is my planned lvl 30 monk build.

my defensive healing skill is subject to change based on who im partied with. Inner Sanctuary is for when im grouped with a friend who is a ranged wizard or demon hunter so i can put up a 5 sec bubble that enemys cant pass into and the ranged guys can fire from it and get healed at the same time, ill change it to Serenity with the Peaceful Repose Rune if im solo. and if im in a group with mostly melee ill use Breath of Heaven with Circle of life Rune.

one of the other skills i might change is one of the passive ones 6th Sense which gives me dodge based on 30% of my crit chance. the other one i might want in its place is Seize the Initiative which gives me 100% armor based on my Agility. i need to see which one is better based on the gear i have to choose which one of those i will use.

i am going to see how it is and how i need to change things up as i play and the diff increases on the way to 60 before i decide on a high level build.

its a pretty defensive build

awesome build.
you know you could use that at a much lower level if you get rid of the third passive!

I just did the Annual Pass so I pre-loaded yesterday, took like an hour to download the 7.6GB on a Comcast cable connection.

On a side note, anyone that can explain how the server process works? If I say, invite my friends to a game I created, am I the host? Is it running off my connection? Or are we all in fact, connecting to a blizzard server? Never really bothered to ask how the Diablo games went about doing this. If anyone even knows that is.

The games are hosted on their servers.

I once got into an argument with an ex guildie due to the fact that some of us mages were not putting out enough damage for the boss encounter according to his damage meter. The irony of his whining was that we did down the boss but did come close to the enrage timer. Even while we were rolling on the loot he is still ranting on vent about the damage and that we needed "learn our characters". I told him to kiss my ass in vent and logged off. Next day i'm booted from guild. So yes no mods thanks :)

so you were under performing and you wanted free loots for not maximizing your class. I would've kicked you out too, you're just taking up a raid slot that can be replaced by someone more competent.

lol i like how they let you install ealier. 2 bad i have to work on tuesday so wont get to play until after 5pm

Experience is shared, and interestingly enough, magic find% is split among the group too. It adds up everyones MF% and then divides it by the number of players in game.

Good to hear. The sensible way to do it. Very interesting about the magic item distribution! Thanks :)

Going to the local dealer to pick up a real Boxed copy at midnight today :D

hahaha. there is an e-tailer here in germany that sold the keys for 41€ (regular price is 59€) and their servers just got fucked from the massive charge of buyers. they are getting hammered all over facebook and the live tech support goes 502 all the time :D

Who's getting collectors ed.?

I am. Though I'd have to say I enjoy PoE quite a bit more compared to the limited DIII beta I was able to play. I'm really looking forward to seeing how DIII is without the restrictions/caps.

I am. Though I'd have to say I enjoy PoE quite a bit more compared to the limited DIII beta I was able to play. I'm really looking forward to seeing how DIII is without the restrictions/caps.

yeah seriously cannot wait to see more information on the star...

Anyone order from gamestop and have thiers already? Ce preferably? I preordered online back in October and the order still says open. I hoping my ce will ship today 14th.

Does anyone that purchased a Collectors Edition or Standard Edition Boxed copy have a guest pass that they can spare?

The starter edition won't be available until 30 days after launch and I would like to get the fiance to try the game and see if she likes it.

I should have some FireFall closed beta keys in the next few weeks that I can send in return.

Thanks!

Nothing like waiting until the last minute.... downloading now... just over half way....

Back