Diablo 3 Discussion Thread

Yeah fuck Blizzard, I'm not spending 15 dollars on one class that's insane. It's basically a pumped up witch doctor. I've already played this game enough, the end game has 0 diversity and depth to it at all. I liked Diablo 3 but after 10 seasons I think I'm completely turned off by the whole experience. I've been playing Median XL and POE, far better experiences in my opinion. Path of Exile 3.0 is going to blow away Diablo III in terms of content by any metrics, and Maps was a far better experience than endlessly grinding out the same rifts. I don't hate Diablo 3, I played season 10, but it's nothing but a couple generic cookie cutter builds per class and grinding for the same set pieces.
I can't help but think they're doing something right if you've stuck around for 10 seasons.

really wish they would have thought better on gear trading to freinds/guild or whatever, cause unless they in your party at the exact time, pretty much everything is locked out(bound to character/account) same with the AH, if they were smart about from the get go, like having a hidden "quality" modifier so that for example, a plain copper sword base value is 100 gold, with the very best augments attached it could become a modifier of 100 or 1000 type deal (so there is a code enforced maximum value, and if abused you are locked out from using AH for a few days or whatever, which I have seen a few games do so you dont slow things down with junk).

This way here the AH would not have had 10 bajillion things taking up a crap ton of room and slowing everything down with a bunch of outright POS items (hell even limiting it has to be above X quality/base value including augmented value would have made a massive difference in sifting through the shit)

IMO they did NOT need lock everything bound to class or whatever, and certainly did NOT EVER need to just outright do away with AH, cause they basically Fk it all up from the get go.. At least it helped somewhat early on before you found the best gear, instead of grinding like a maniac, many many other MMORPG/Fantasy games sell to merchant or AH was substantially better than Diablo has ever been.
Love the series, hope the next one they go that extra mile to ensure is a far better experience, to me, the D1t one was by far the best overall (minus the inability to run) was dark, gritty, evil, and when you found the good stuff, it truly set you apart with very few things not able to be traded away.

Did 4 seasons all told, and many hundreds of hours into it, full roster of male/female version max level toons with almost perfect gear very tiresome grinding like a tool in hopes RNG gods dont shit on your rolls.

Than of course there are the top season challenges, many of which tend to be outright moronic, unless you have many people playing same account :(

Hell, they could have even had some type of orb to "debind" so you can trade away to freinds or whatever, especially after they got rid of AH, I think they are very much sadist at Blizzard HQ :D, would not take them much on the cub to make an orb for this specific purpose...speciality recipes.

I can't help but think they're doing something right if you've stuck around for 10 seasons.
They are, the game play is fast and fun, I skip seasons though. I think i didn't play from 6 until 10, and I skipped some earlier season. I kind of exhausted myself on 10 after about a month. It's fun to jump in and get up high on GRs for a little bit. But once you're just leveling gems for Caldessan's Despair and looking for better rolls on the same gear it gets dull fast. I haven't played Path of Exile for very long, but I could see myself doing new builds and playing that game pretty much constantly with new content update.

I have horrible timing with seasons. I played a Monk and Wizard at launch (before seasons were a thing), played them again in Reaper when that came out (still before seasons), bought the Xbox edition and played a Crusader (seasons were a feature now, but only on PC), picked it up again last week and just got a Necro to 70 (between seasons).

So that's four separate hurrahs on four characters where I hit the level cap and quit shortly after due to boredom, and seasons weren't available during any of them. I want to try another class when the season starts later this month, but I'll probably lose interest quickly since I just did the whole damn game on the Necro. :(

Last edited:
I went back and played my Demon Hunter from Season 3. This DH is about as close to perfect I'll ever get in this game.

The only thing I have left to do with it is grind 60+gems to augment all my items.

This was also the first time I bothered playing outside of Seasonal. I did a lvl65 Grift with him and it wasn't too bad. I'm guessing somewhere around lvl70 grift it will hit a wall until I get everything augmented.

https://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/æon-11483/hero/61244731

first character i made was a demon hunter - really enjoy it the most but the new necromancer is up there as well.

I went back and played my Demon Hunter from Season 3. This DH is about as close to perfect I'll ever get in this game.

The only thing I have left to do with it is grind 60+gems to augment all my items.

This was also the first time I bothered playing outside of Seasonal. I did a lvl65 Grift with him and it wasn't too bad. I'm guessing somewhere around lvl70 grift it will hit a wall until I get everything augmented.

https://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/æon-11483/hero/61244731

If you want to get higher with that build, you should really change a few things. Bracers, cube, passive skills and runes are wrong for max damage/hatred gain.

What would you suggest?

Replace Magefist with the set gloves. That will allow you to switch the cubed ring to the Convention of Elements. 200% burst damage for 4 seconds is insane.
Replace the neck slot with a Hellfire necklace that has Ballistics on it, or one of your other secondary skills. Ballistics will increase your damage tremendously when using Multishot with the 3 rocket Arsenal rune, plus you should switch Vengeance to the Seethe hatred gainer so that it will also fire rockets instead of grenades. This will benefit from Ballistics also. You can then replace the cubed Cindercoat with the Visage of Gunes. Gunes gives your Vengeance the 50% damage reduction rune as well.
Replace your bracer with the new-ish Wraps of Clarity. They are an incredible damage reducer. This and the Vengeance changes is going to allow you to replace that damage reduction gem in your necklace with something that gives you more damage. I'd recommend either the Bane of the Stricken or Bane of the Powerful.
Also, I would suggest swapping out your secondary skill Blood Vengeance with Thrill of the Hunt because your Bane of the Trapped gem isn't doing much for you right now.
I don't think that Marked for Death 15% damage is going to net you as much damage as using Companion with the wolf for the 15% damage it gives for 10 seconds. Up to you though, but at least try it.

Have fun! Demon Hunter is my favorite class.

I do actually have a perfect ancient roll of the set gloves. I just switched to Mage to test it out.

As for switching the Vengeance, would it be better with the grenades bc its fire damage? I've got like 50% or more to that. Thats the only reason I was using that one, but wasn't sure.

I totally forgot about Hellfire amulets..... What a grind to find one with the roll I want lol

No, perma Vengeance is mainly to supply your multishot, the idea is that your Primary skill should only be used to proc wraps of clarity damage red buff and F/R damage buff, and multishot the rest, and that, even with Yang's, eats through Hatred like no tomorrow.

Grenade also will not do a lot of damage compared to your multishot because they don't benefit from your Ballistics.

Holy crap you guys are the best. I just did my first lvl65 grift where it wasn't hard. Before I was just barely getting by. I just got that passive helm of Visage that dropped. I like the damage reduction, but I'm not sure about Hatred upkeep now. How do you move closer to perma Vengeance?

Also thinking maybe Steady Aim instead of Archery.

Grinded for a good hellfire amulet for a few hours to no avail though.

Do you think Buriza or Hellrack is better for follower? Not sure which lasts longer, the ice or root

Last edited:
You need a crossbow "Dawn" in your weapon cube slot, that will reduce your vengeance cooldown by 65%, highest Diamond in your helm and I think 4 8% cooldown reductions on your gear to get perma vengeance

And yes, replace Archery.

The passives I most often use on fire Multishot are: Ballistics, Thrill of the Hunt, Cull the Weak, Awareness and Ambush/Steady (5th passive) for pushing, though my most prefered passive on Hellfire is Cull the weak/Ambush/Steady Aim, as those passives are the most universally useful in all situations, but TBH, anyone of the 5 will serve you well, especially if you can get fire/CHC/CHD rolled on your hellfire.

If survivability is not an issue for you (as in if you are not proccing Awareness enough that you feel will hinder your grift pushing, replace Awareness with the other one of Steady Aim/Ambush), and you can swap out Visage of Gunes cube for Cindercoat (or even Magefist if you feel like living dangerously), but chances are once you start pushing, Awareness and Gunes becomes rather important.

Until a certain point at least, then it's back to Cindercoat against because too many kinds of attacks will proc your awareness regardless of Visage, but that point is still a ways off.

Last edited:
^^ these guys said what I was referencing.

I just looked at your profile, I see the remaining items to be addressed, which you probably are waiting for drops for.

New dead mans legacy for multishot buff
New amulet for better perk - I personally would drop +fire dmg for crit chance
Try to find bow and quiver with +12 disc. +9 on both is losing a lot of dmg
Swap reaper bracer for clarity
Once you have clarity bracer, drop at least 3 diamonds in armor for emeralds for dmg boost
Change esoteric gem to bane of stricken

Good luck

Can't believe what a few minor tweaks have done to bump me up. Just did a 66 with over 5min to spare. Thanks guys.

Right after you posted about the new dead man's I got an ancient one to drop with pretty good rolls.

I was playing some Necro this morning and swapping in some new gear, ran a GR60 which is T13, and was taking forever to kill stuff with my Inarius set. Took 18 minutes and 16 minutes. Yesterday I was doing it in 7 minutes.
I was kinda confused, thought maybe Blizzard nerfed the Inarius set when I wasn't looking, lol.
Come to find out, I had swapped on a Rathmas glove and shoulder. I was going through the Armory and noticed that the large shoulders didn't look right on my Inarius set, lol, and saw that both the shoulders and gloves were the wrong set items.
The Gloves are very easy to interchange since they look very similar. Put the correct gear back on all was good again.

The last few posts make me want to give the endgame another shot...

What would you guys recommend for what's pretty close to a fresh 70? Adventure Mode for Horadric Caches? Or straight into rifts and greater rifts? Do you gamble for upgrades or do the cube conversion thing or hope for drops? I basically haven't done anything since around the time of the expansion launch (hard to believe that was 3 years ago now), so if anyone has any tips I'd appreciate it. Here is my derpy crappy character:

https://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/PiERiT-1743/hero/52791048

Last edited:
How are you guys leveling new necros? I was thinking about jumping back in to start a fresh character. What's the deal? Best strategy for quick leveling? I haven't played D3 since it came out more or less.

How are you guys leveling new necros? I was thinking about jumping back in to start a fresh character. What's the deal? Best strategy for quick leveling? I haven't played D3 since it came out more or less.

For non-season, I just equipped my Necro with a high DPS weapon and socketed the Gem of Ease, that makes it level 1, it was a Level 50 so it gave 3000xp per kill. Also put on a helm with a large red gem, and a Hellfire Ammy and Ring.
I got to level 46 in a few minutes in T6 and level 70 not to long later.

Oh, since you haven't played since it came out, you probably won't have those items.
Best way is to run with someone to level you up. Otherwise you will be playing for about 5 hours or so to get to 70.

This is my Necromancer,
https://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Zepher-1253/hero/91353912

The last few posts make me want to give the endgame another shot...

What would you guys recommend for what's pretty close to a fresh 70? Adventure Mode for Horadric Caches? Or straight into rifts and greater rifts? Do you gamble for upgrades or do the cube conversion thing or hope for drops? I basically haven't done anything since around the time of the expansion launch (hard to believe that was 3 years ago now), so if anyone has any tips I'd appreciate it. Here is my derpy crappy character:

I have a lot of mats, so I grab items from Kadala and then do the Rare Upgrade in the Cube.
For Set Items, I'll do the Set Item conversion in the cube to get the item I am missing, or see if I can get a better item.

Last edited:
Honestly, at this point, if you're looking for a fresh start, I'd hold off until the new season. Haedrig's Caches will get you a full set. And while you can get all of that normally, it will also be the time with the highest player count in the game.

I have a lot of mats, so I grab items from Kadala and then do the Rare Upgrade in the Cube.
For Set Items, I'll do the Set Item conversion in the cube to get the item I am missing, or see if I can get a better item.

Thanks. Shortly after reading that I took an extra set piece I had, converted it and got another piece I already had, converted it again and got the original piece again... so there goes 20 Forgotten Souls. Quickly remembering why I quit. :(

Edit: After that I upgraded some rare boots and got legendary boots that makes LTK attack 50% faster and triples the damage, so I'm no longer angry. :)

Last edited:
Came across a little demon during a Grift that wouldn't die. Was worried that the Guardian wouldn't appear but he did and I killed him, but this little guy wouldn't die.

Yes, that happens every now and then, but it would not affect Rifts or Grifts in general because there are enough monsters in a rift that you will reach the guardian long before you can completely clear the rift.

Solo'd a 75, I believe this is the highest I have ever solo'd.
GR75-Necromancer.jpg

Then spent quite a bit of time re-arranging my gems, lol,
Gem-Stash.jpg

Nice, the highest I have solo'ed I think was 80 or 81, back 3 seasons ago, but I have since been REALLY f'ing rusty LOL

Sweet Jebus. I just started up my Monk again yesterday after not playing for a while and not having any real gear (400k damage and no set bonuses), did a few GRs and capped out at GR25 in 6 minutes with maybe one or two deaths.

Since then I've gotten six Inna drops and re-spec'd and shit just falls over now. Hard to believe these were handed out for free a couple seasons ago. Did GR43 in 6 minutes without coming close to dying. Going to keep grinding them out and see how high I can get.

Anyone have any suggestions for my character? I'm not sure my enchants or legendary gems are optimal or if Inna's is still the best set these days, and I haven't gotten many legendaries that seemed worth storing in the cube.

Last edited:
Agreed. Especially if you can do a number of them at once and augment them for Cal's Despair for even more dex. I have two main monks that I go back and forth between and one has Inna/Shenlong build which is, surprisingly enough, more reliable than my main main monk with Uliana's. The damage is much lower initially but scales very well both in terms of damage and toughness https://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Business-1943/hero/71275315 I still have a long way to go with that build.

My Uliana monk is much easier to play and far more fleshed out. Hit GR78 the other day but it was a very rough rift in the first two levels for density. Hoping to solo 80 soon. https://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Business-1943/hero/75964167

I have around 2500 hours or so in the game with more than half that with Monks. It's still a lot of fun to play if I'm just grinding or going casual which I think is why I love it.

PiERiT without even going into much detail of the build, you need ancient items.

Thanks. Do they drop more frequently past a certain GR level? Like at 60+ or is it just gradual with every level?

I'm not really seeing any in GR50. I can go probably higher but I've typically been doing T8 regular rifts instead, for Death's Breaths and Blood Shards. I'm still missing optimal rings and cubed bonuses and I'm trying to get those. My Mystic Allies pretty much kill everything as I run around and watch TV.

Edit: Finally got the ring for the set that increases damage dealt when standing still and decreases damage taken when moving. Went back to GRs after that and it looks like GR60 is where I stop. Any higher and I run out of time.

Agreed. Especially if you can do a number of them at once and augment them for Cal's Despair for even more dex. I have two main monks that I go back and forth between and one has Inna/Shenlong build which is, surprisingly enough, more reliable than my main main monk with Uliana's. The damage is much lower initially but scales very well both in terms of damage and toughness https://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Business-1943/hero/71275315 I still have a long way to go with that build.

My Uliana monk is much easier to play and far more fleshed out. Hit GR78 the other day but it was a very rough rift in the first two levels for density. Hoping to solo 80 soon. https://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Business-1943/hero/75964167

I have around 2500 hours or so in the game with more than half that with Monks. It's still a lot of fun to play if I'm just grinding or going casual which I think is why I love it.

Nice. I think I have all four sets complete (or very close), I've only played with Inna's though. It seems like it has the best survivability and the Daibo happens to be the best weapon I have regardless of anything else. I just got Shenlong's a few minutes ago but the stats on both are crap.

Last edited:
Ancients will drop at any level, but when you run higher grifts, you get more legendaries so more chance at ancients.

All legendary items have a 10% chance to be an ancient legendary in Grifts, in adventure mode and normal rifts I *think* it scales with torment levels, but it caps out at TX, which is the same as Grifts.

Also, a couple of other inputs:

1. Aim for Solo grift 70 if possible, once you solo a Grift 70 on that game mode, you unlock the ability to receive Primal Ancient drops, which is basically ancient item, except all mods on the item are at their maximum possible values, and all rerolls will always be at their maximum possible.

2. I would only start aiming for Despair if you can solo Grift 70 comfortably, that means your gems are up to par and you have correct rolls in your ancient items, as Despair contributes fairly small amounts of DPS, but still sizeable nontheless.

I reforged my Shenlong set and switched to them and can kill things a lot quicker now. Redid GR60 and shaved off two minutes.

Problem is I die way too often, mostly from getting one-shot by charging mobs or spell casters or rift bosses. Not even sure what to do for that.

Last edited:
Yeah fuck Blizzard, I'm not spending 15 dollars on one class that's insane. It's basically a pumped up witch doctor. I've already played this game enough, the end game has 0 diversity and depth to it at all. I liked Diablo 3 but after 10 seasons I think I'm completely turned off by the whole experience. I've been playing Median XL and POE, far better experiences in my opinion. Path of Exile 3.0 is going to blow away Diablo III in terms of content by any metrics, and Maps was a far better experience than endlessly grinding out the same rifts. I don't hate Diablo 3, I played season 10, but it's nothing but a couple generic cookie cutter builds per class and grinding for the same set pieces.

As a long time (well we all are) D2 player I found the lack of variety in D3 a huge disappointment. Once you've played it through twice I could not see the point in going any further. Adventure mode is just a repetitive way to get more pointless rare loot.

I just don't understand the long term appeal of D3 unless you love dull repetition.

I'd rather load up D2 and play that through again. At least it mixed the maps up a little.

As much as I loved PoE, the map system and Grift system are not that different in terms in its actual implementation (you grind maps to do more maps, just like you grind grift to do higher level grift), with its own what I consider flaws. The mapstone drop system is much less likeable in my opinion than Grifts, because your map progression is entirely dictated by the maps you get as drops, unless you want to go shopping for them. At least on Grifts, I can choose my own difficulty, rather than having some item (or lack thereof) preventing me from doing so. I lost count how many times I couldn't progress through the atlas because the map stones simply refused to drop for me, and after a while, it just got old and I couldn't bring myself to grind anymore. I was hoping I'd have the motivation to at least meet the end game boss (Map maker guy, I can't remember its name), but after I think the 5th time the game stopped me from progressing as my last high tiered map gave me no maps and my next map was 3 tiers under, I quit the season.

For all the praise it got, the map system is really just the same thing different skin, so for a game that has been touted as the D3 killer, I expected something more than that, unfortunately I found it rather disappointing. PoE certainly isn't as bad as I made it out to be, and I enjoyed every minute of it up until I reached the maps, then it went downhill from there.

I'd go back and play 3.0 at least once, but how far will I progress through it, I have no idea, especially if the end game is same as before (I haven't looked a lot into 3.0 apart from the unified difficulty, since my attention is now completely off ARPG's).

So for what they are, I enjoy both D3 and PoE, but for actual 100 hour binges, PoE doesn't have enough to hold me for that long. D2 and even D3 does a better job at it.

Woot, finally!
6C5GV9p.png

kWZzZR8.png

I envy US servers.

Back during Season 7 when I was pushing Grifts, by the time I got to Grift 80, I would have been on one of the top 300 on the US server, but on Asia server, I was on the bottom 300, and I was out of 1000 totally after about a week.

Are two Unity rings just flat out required for GR60+? I kept getting one-shot to the extent where I got pissed and made a ludicrous defensive build with as much life and resist and damage reduction as possible and re-gemmed to Resist All, and I still get one-shot.

Sorry if it seems like I'm complaining a bunch, it's just awkward progressing so far so quickly and then hitting a wall suddenly.

Last edited:
Back