DFI RMA.....MonarchComputer doesn't honor MFR policies??

nst6563

2[H]4U
Ok...my Ultra-D bit the dust. So I contact DFI...I get a response back with an RMA form and a copy of their RMA policy. In that policy it states
- End Users have to do RMA with their Vendor, as long as the motherboard is still under warranty and the company is not Out of Business.
. So, I contach MonarchComputer where I bought it from....and they tell me I can't RMA through them b/c it's past their "90 day" policy/warranty.

WTF? So now I'm waiting on a response back from DFI that I had told them that Monarch won't RMA the board b/c of the 90 day thing.

Is this shitty service customary at Monarch? To completely ignore the manufacturer's warranty and RMA policy and leave the customer in RMA purgatory??? If I'd have known this beforehand, I'd never have ordered from Monarch, rather Newegg or ZZF would have gotten my hard earned money as I had an Abit board die over a year into the warranty and Newegg gladly gave me an RMA.

anyone else have this happen?

You just got an incorrect response back from DFI. Monarch specifically and clearly states all their motherboard return policies and stuff. CALL dfi, then they will resolve the problem and rma the board. All the email bs never works to get anything done. Talk to a real person on the phone.

edit: and thats why its worth it to get the extended warranty thru monarch, they'll swap it out real quick and exhange it no problem. I've done it several times with mobo combos at work I've ordered thru them. If you order their mobo/proc combo's, you have up to a 3yr warrany selection. I find its best to get the 2yr warranty for $50. It really pays off.

most companies ive delt with give you 30 or 90 days to return through them.After that it goes through the manufacturer.Newegg is one of the few in some instances will rma for the first year.lately they have been stipulating warranty service through the manufacturer only.Newegg will usually let you return in 30 days or less but after that you go through the manufacturer.Newegg used to rma for the length of the manufacturers warranty but not so any more.you must have bought from them when the old policy was in effect.not so any more and it says so in the ads for the motherboards.
Its really not to bad with asus as it takes about 2 weeks to get a board repaired or replaced.i dont think dfi is as fast but its not like 6 weeks or anything .most likely within 21-30 days.inconvient but nor unrealistic.sometimes after a year or so i end up buying another board and sell the replacement to recoup some of the money back.after running a board for a year ive usually got my eye on another one anyway.if its less than a year and i like the board ill get it repaired or replaced.this situation dosent come up very often due to the fact that the boards i purchased havent failed.ive only had 2 bad boards in 6 years.1 DOA asus and 1 dfi failed within 6 months.well good luck with your rma and dont get too mad cause there isnt much you can do about it.No sence in making your life miserable over it.just be glad its still under warranty and will only cost you shipping to them.dfi is pretty good about rma's as long as you havent modified or abused your board,and dont have a beta bios installed...........good luck guy.

wesleys_dad said:
most companies ive delt with give you 30 or 90 days to return through them.After that it goes through the manufacturer.Newegg is one of the few in some instances will rma for the first year.lately they have been stipulating warranty service through the manufacturer only.Newegg will usually let you return in 30 days or less but after that you go through the manufacturer.Newegg used to rma for the length of the manufacturers warranty but not so any more.you must have bought from them when the old policy was in effect.not so any more and it says so in the ads for the motherboards.
Its really not to bad with asus as it takes about 2 weeks to get a board repaired or replaced.i dont think dfi is as fast but its not like 6 weeks or anything .most likely within 21-30 days.inconvient but nor unrealistic.sometimes after a year or so i end up buying another board and sell the replacement to recoup some of the money back.after running a board for a year ive usually got my eye on another one anyway.if its less than a year and i like the board ill get it repaired or replaced.this situation dosent come up very often due to the fact that the boards i purchased havent failed.ive only had 2 bad boards in 6 years.1 DOA asus and 1 dfi failed within 6 months.well good luck with your rma and dont get too mad cause there isnt much you can do about it.No sence in making your life miserable over it.just be glad its still under warranty and will only cost you shipping to them.dfi is pretty good about rma's as long as you havent modified or abused your board,and dont have a beta bios installed...........good luck guy.

DFI got my board Monday and they said it will be going out by Friday. Fairly fast service if you ask me.

It was most likely an automatically generated response that is wildly inaccurate. Send it to DFI...

ok...that's cool with me then if DFI will swap it. I was just confused about that whole thing as I've never run into that before. Abit's RMA policy had a similar statement and Newegg RMA'd it without question. I can deal with Monarch's policy as well. When the two conflicted is where I was thrown. I've already emailed Donna, and will probably send off the form later this evening if I get a chance.

thanks ;)

Do what I'm doing and don't buy DFI anymore. That Ultra-D was probably their least complaint about board though.

I'm stumped as to what board I now want. the Abit AT8 32x looks like a real nice board for the price. I like the idea of silent cooling, and it uses less power than the NF4 equivolents (single graphics card setup) according to a couple reviews I googled.

I'm going to still RMA the DFI...but was thinking of maybe using it as a spare in case something like this happens again.

Anyone have an AT8 32x? Like it? or should I stick with the Ultra-D? :p right now I'm leaning toward the AT8 32x...it's gotten good reviews, has some features that the Ultra-D didn't (mainly b/c it's a newer board), and seems to overclock just as well as the Ultra-D in most cases. dunno....decisions decisions...

This definitely wasn't Monarch's fault. If anything, it was DFI's. At the end of the day, the last stop is always with the manufacturer.

Not had a prob with The Egg or Monarch but ZZF did the same to me on a 2 week old hard drive and I ended up eating it after 3 months of BS. There loss as I build min 5 pc's a year for different people. That is a lot of money.
On the side MSI says the same on there warrenty but I just called and they are sending a RMA for my 79gt. Give DFI another chance.
Remember if you don't like the first responce then cal back for a second and talk to some one else with more "power" to fix things.

Back