DFI Hybrid

Posted last night. It's some where around here.

Very cool.

That looks like a good family box for common area(not my game box) just the price is hella high

That's cool... but aren't Atom and socket 775 processors Intel's thing?

$399 for a LGA775 board is a little steep since you could buy a netbook and a P45 board for less than that combo.

$399 for a LGA775 board is a little steep since you could buy a netbook and a P45 board for less than that combo.

Yea... but there are advantages to this setup. It's not just an Atom, it's an ION setup so it has a Geforce 9400 for the Atom proc... along with the P45 for the 775 socket. Which means it could be decoding 1080p HD movies, or play basic games / low res.

You really do have two computers, one person can be gaming on the main computer, and someone else just checking web stuff on the atom. Or run background programs on the atom (torrents or whatever) and game on the main system.

Sure you have to be in the same room, but you can connect two seperate keyboard/mouse/monitors to it and it will run fine. Internal networking is pretty damn cool too.

It's a great idea, just $400 is a bit high if you really don't have a purpose for it.

I guess I didn't watch the whole video (maybe posted in the other thread). I didn't know you could run two computers with two sets of peripherals. I thought it would just act as a KVM with one set.

Don't get me wrong. I like the idea. In fact, I could use that, but not for $400.

Well I'm thinkin the cost of 2 separate builds is going to be greater than just using that board...

nice p45 when is EOL wonder how well will this do. And for the great price of $400 :D

$399 +shipping is too rich for me. yes it's ion, but they're gonna release ion 2.0 soon, and i believe it's single core atom anyways...

i plan to mount an itx mobo horizontally (with some minor mods of course) on a mid-atx lian-li tower right under the the main m-atx mobo that is of course mounted vertically.

it's all economics...

This is cool. I want one. Hell i want two. Wonder if you could load osx on the Atom part?

do want, at a lower price. whs and gaming rig in the same box = awesomesauce

It's expensive because it's the first of it's kind and there's no telling how well it will sell. Give it a year.

Back