DFI AMD 64 SLI board in stock!

Arvig

Gawd
Already ordered the MSI and should have it tomorrow, but here you go guys. Zipzoomfly has it:

http://www.zipzoomfly.com/jsp/ProductDetail.jsp?ProductCode=246485

$245.00, so a bit more then the MSI at Newegg, but well...for those waiting for this board, enjoy. ;)

Me

EDIT: Not in stock either at the time of this edit, but since someone mentioned NCIX, I remembered they also shipped to the USA. Anyway, here it is on the USA mirror of their webpage:

http://www.us.ncix.com/products/index.php?sku=13826&vpn=LANPARTY-NF4-SLI-DR&manufacture=DFI

I'll let the Canadians click on the little Canada flag icon in the corner to get it back to Canadian dollar pricing. :)

Might of been at price gouging prices, but I remember seeing a place called ComputerHQ pop up with a pre-order of the DFI on Pricewatch searches. Never looked up their resellerratings.com listing, so don't know if they are good or not. Anyway, the DFI would pop up when I'd do a search with the keyword 'SLI" on Pricewatch in their motherboard section, if that helps any.

Pretty sniffy..

I notice only 2 PCI (regular) connectors, While the Asus has 3, is this board worth the loss of one connector?

Edit: Now to look for canadian stores that carry it...

edit: Already found one, Ncix has it

Ive been calling zipzoomfly.com 3 or 4 times a day the last week so i could be one of the first to order mine. And tonight my friend asked me to go to the rodeo but i told him i would about a month ago so i couldnt stay at home and well it came in and went out of stock before i even had a chane to see it on the web site.

KCompany said:
Is it jsut me or is zipzoomfly.com already out of stock? :confused:

Damn, that was fast...I got the stock e-mail notification from zipzoomfly maybe 10 minutes before I posted that link. Guess the DFI is a popular board.

Well err...maybe they'll have more tomorrow?

Hate_Bot said:
Pretty sniffy..

I notice only 2 PCI (regular) connectors, While the Asus has 3, is this board worth the loss of one connector?

Edit: Now to look for canadian stores that carry it...

edit: Already found one, Ncix has it

Unless you need 3 PCI slots, IMO yes the DFI is worth it. Consider that when PCI-E cards do come out, this board has a x4 PCI-E slot up and beyond it's 2 x16 PCI-E slots and 1 x1 PCI-E slot. So you're gaining that for when something other then a video card is in PCI-E...and the x4 is outside of the Video cards, not wedged between them, it's above the primary card.

Also know that if the manual is correct, based on the PDF I pulled down from their site, even with both x16 PCI-E slots occupied and running in SLI mode, the x4 will run at a full x4, the board apparently disables the x1 PCI-E slot, and like other SLI boards runs each video card slot at x8 in SLI mode.

Finally...this is very much an overclocker's BIOS...best I can say is download the manual, and see for yourself.

That's ignoring the way the ASUS has been buggy for many including myself, some of the bugs IMO aren't things that can be fixed with either a BIOS or chipset driver fix. Err...go look in the ASUS A8N-SLI Owner's thread, or the ASUS A8N is a POS thread for some of the bugs, I've posted in both. :)

Again, I ordered the MSI already to replace my ASUS, and I'm sure I'll be happy with it, but I bet we'll see some happy people with this board too.

Did any of you manage to get the bord from zipzoomfly.com? Cause if you did then send me your adress and ill be waiting for the ups man to come by and jack it!!!!

I just preordered one from Ncix (they wont be getting one for a few weeks they said, damn canada...) Plus, once I get my 6600GT, the step it up (thanks to EVGA's steup up program) to a 6800GT, then (later) get ANOTHER 6800GT, My system will be unstoppable...

until I get 2 680Ultras HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!*Evil laugh*

damn that was fast ....

Where are thee ????

LP%20nF4%20%20SLI-DR.jpg

KCompany said:
I dont got one!!!!!! :mad: Yet........hehe

:( Good luck getting that chipset cooler on the DFI board. Looks like it will interfere with one of the video cards.

If only I could get the MSI Price with the DFI Quality and the Asus Layout.

bubblethumper said:
:( Good luck getting that chipset cooler on the DFI board. Looks like it will interfere with one of the video cards.

If only I could get the MSI Price with the DFI Quality and the Asus Layout.

Err...got a Dremel, some super glue and roughly $600.00 to $800.00 to buy the three motherboards? :D

Do you mean putting a new cooler on the DFI, or using the current. I've seen shots of the board edge on, looks like the stock cooler is pretty flat overall.

If you mean a different cooler, then yes I ordered one for my ASUS before I decided to dump it, it's stock chipset fan was burning out already on mine. If I decide to sell the board instead of RMA, (which I may do, heard somewhere that ASUS RMA can be annoying or at least take a long while), I'll leave install the new heatsink/fan on it, not going to stick someone with a burning out chipset fan.

Err...if this is kind of a private message to someone else made public, or I missed something obvious, nevermind. ;)

You can get the Asus for the MSI price. It can be had for $190 or so.

I really dont like the neon look of the DFI boards, but I hear they are nice..

fallguy said:
You can get the Asus for the MSI price. It can be had for $190 or so.

I really dont like the neon look of the DFI boards, but I hear they are nice..

I would not recommend going for the Asus. I've had nothing but trouble and poor memory performance with mine.

As for the DFI - check out anandtech's review!

http://www.anandtech.com/mb/showdoc.aspx?i=2337

I don't think I've seen them rave about something so heavily for a LONG time...

My order for one is in. I'll be glad to see the back of this crappy Asus.

Arseface said:
I would not recommend going for the Asus. I've had nothing but trouble and poor memory performance with mine.

Very nice review . DFI seems to have "yet another" winner in this chipset too.
Tweakers will have a ball messing with the nf4 Ultra :)

I read the review and I'm pretty much sold. The ZZF link is UT SLI-DR. But the review mentions there's an Ultra model...differences? :confused:

Hoory for DFI :D

The fan is low enough for video cards - both ATI and nVidia - to mount properly. We tried both ATI and nVidia top-of-the line cards to make sure.

from the Anandtach review, so all you with uber-big 6800Ultras need not to fret.

Nasty_Savage said:
I read the review and I'm pretty much sold. The ZZF link is UT SLI-DR. But the review mentions there's an Ultra model...differences? :confused:

The SLI-DR Model is the "True" SLI model, with all the SLI features, the other one isn't and you have to pencil mod it to make it one

They had the DFI Ultra-D in stock as well damnit. I'm thinking about getting ither that board or the MSI Neo4. I'm starting the think the ASUS A8N-E might not be a very good overclocker because of how the SLI version is doing.

Hate_Bot said:
The SLI-DR Model is the "True" SLI model, with all the SLI features, the other one isn't and you have to pencil mod it to make it one

Got a little confused with the UT tag on some of the models. I assume the the normal SLI-DR is the top dog, and the UT comes with less shtuff. There's no difference between the Ultra SLI-DR and the normal SLI-DR? I gotta start getting back into this stuff...and manufacturers need to stop putting eye charts for the model numbers :rolleyes:

Well this is retarded, they decided to only include the Silicon Image 3114 SATA controller on the SLI version so the Ultra-D only has 4 SATA ports. And i also have no use for the two x16 PCI-E slots.

Why couldn't they just make a simple Ultra-D model with 8 SATA ports and only one x16 PCI-E slot like the MSI Neo4?

I guess i'll probably be going with the MSI Neo4 now since the DFI Ultra board has features i dont need and doesn't have the features i do need.

nVidia isn't going to support the idea of running SLI on regular nForce 4 Ultra chipsets so i dont know why DFI is bothering to do this. It just takes away PCI-E x1 and PCI slots that could actually be used.

Arseface said:

I got the Asus one already. Got a very good deal on it. Just got it running last night, and only one problem so far, I cant seem to get it to boot to a cd. Other than that, its all running well.

I would be happy to try the DFI, and I may still. I just really dont like their colors, they've always seemed cheesy to me.

fallguy said:
I got the Asus one already. Got a very good deal on it. Just got it running last night, and only one problem so far, I cant seem to get it to boot to a cd. Other than that, its all running well.

I would be happy to try the DFI, and I may still. I just really dont like their colors, they've always seemed cheesy to me.

I'm just curious but why did you buy an ASUS SLI board when you just bought a Saphire X850XT PE and you seem to dismiss the performance potential of SLI every chance you get? lol

Hate_Bot said:

the sli-d is also true sli without the sil sata controller, the front x crap etc.

fallguy said:

you got to be kidding me, you would dissmiss a piece of hardware that might be great because of its colors? to each its own i guess.

burningrave101 said:
Well this is retarded, they decided to only include the Silicon Image 3114 SATA controller on the SLI version so the Ultra-D only has 4 SATA ports. And i also have no use for the two x16 PCI-E slots.

Why couldn't they just make a simple Ultra-D model with 8 SATA ports and only one x16 PCI-E slot like the MSI Neo4?

I guess i'll probably be going with the MSI Neo4 now since the DFI Ultra board has features i dont need and doesn't have the features i do need.

nVidia isn't going to support the idea of running SLI on regular nForce 4 Ultra chipsets so i dont know why DFI is bothering to do this. It just takes away PCI-E x1 and PCI slots that could actually be used.

I'm pretty sure you can stick a PCI-E x1 card into a x16 socket and it will work. People have apparently had a lot of success turning their Ultra's into SLIs and it seems to work perfectly. No, nVidia won't support it, but if it works, it works.

burningrave101 said:

I think most, maybe all of the NForce 4 Ultras only have 4 SATA ports and don't have the Silicon Image SATA ports. Only major difference between the DFI NForce 4 Ultra board and the SLI boards is that they went with two x16 slots on even their Ultra boards.

To be honest, I think it was more of a cost saving measure...why make different motherboard designs when they can make one? Cheaper to make the same motherboard, and to make an Ultra just leave off the Silicon Image SATA chip and ports, and use an Ultra chipset. I think the pencil mod thing is a happy accident sort of thing...the chips ASUS and Gigabyte are getting would probably take the pencil mod too, if they had a slot large enough to fit a graphics card in also...they just only have one x16 slot on their ultras.

As an aside, the MSI Neo 4 Ultras worked with a pencil mod also, since they had a smaller PCI-E slot that could barely fit a x16 sized PCI-E graphics card.

That and as someone else pointed out, the second x16 slot can function as a lesser PCI-E slot, so they didn't take anything away...remember it's all one bus now, not like a x16 PCI-E slot can only do graphics, it's not like PCI/AGP here. :) That and well...they even put on a PCI-E x4 slot sitting on the outside of the main PCI-E x16 slot. Okay, for this MOMENT, it's more useful to have PCI slots other then the PCI-E x16, nothing is really out other then graphic cards that's PCI-E. But six months to a year from now, I would assume that to be different....having a PCI-E x4 and PCI-E x16 on an ultra board, even if you're only going to run one graphics card will probably be rather handy...I would be shocked if Creative Labs doesn't have a PCI-E sound card close to being out right now for instance.

Ironically, I'll have the MSI SLI board later today, but I don't see a need for PCI or PCI-E cards in anything I'm doing. Not when the MSI SLI board has a creative labs chip for onboard sound, and I know my Power supply has a -5 volt wire in the 24 pin connector, and thus can power it. ;)

So anyway...if you're looking at the MSI Neo 4...well, you'll be getting their SLI board also, I don't think the Neo 4 Ultra will have the Silicon Image SATA slots either.

I also REALLY dont like the colour scheme. I thinks it's ghastly...

What does this board have going for it against the Asus A89 SLI-Delux? Apart from overclockability (I dont plan to overclock my CPU anyway)

Hate_Bot said:
can Anyone answer my question?

maybe a quieter chipset fan. pretty early to tell, it might have just as many bugs in it as the a8n. when people actually get the board, then your questions might be answered better.

Yea its redicualous. I talked to the people at zipzoomfly and they said they didnt get very many in thats why they went out so fast!!! Anyways i didnt get my hands on one so im still looking around for the quickest one i can get!!!

Hate_Bot said:
I also REALLY dont like the colour scheme. I thinks it's ghastly...

What does this board have going for it against the Asus A89 SLI-Delux? Apart from overclockability (I dont plan to overclock my CPU anyway)

since you arent ocing probably not much, but even then i wouldnt buy the asus, i love asus, but i hate buying beta products...

Arvig said:
I think most, maybe all of the NForce 4 Ultras only have 4 SATA ports and don't have the Silicon Image SATA ports. Only major difference between the DFI NForce 4 Ultra board and the SLI boards is that they went with two x16 slots on even their Ultra boards.

The MSI K8N Neo4 Platinum has 8 SATA ports with 4 of them through the Silicon Image controller.

KCompany said:
Yea its redicualous. I talked to the people at zipzoomfly and they said they didnt get very many in thats why they went out so fast!!! Anyways i didnt get my hands on one so im still looking around for the quickest one i can get!!!

Me too I'm lookin for the Ultra-D.

Back