Destiny - Discussion Thread

Does anyone know if the legacy engrams from Xur give you exotic with year 2 stats?
Legacy is what it means. year ONE. but if that item has a year 2 you can then buy the year 2 version from the kiosk.

only two gun from year one you can't get from them. Nechrocasm and the Vex Mythoclast

Last edited:
Legacy is what it means. year ONE. but if that item has a year 2 you can then buy the year 2 version from the kiosk.

only two gun from year one you can't get from them. Nechrocasm and the Vex Mythoclast

That's good to know, I thought the legacy ones were completely useless other than to have them in your vault/kiosk.

I am off every weekend. I need to the King's Fall raid but don't have any people to play with. If anyone wants to help me Saturday or Sunday, my XBL tag is SC Kronus

-Strelok- said:
That's good to know, I thought the legacy ones were completely useless other than to have them in your vault/kiosk.
year one guns work in pvp as well (except iron banner). I still rock my year one mida multitool in cruciable

year one guns work in pvp as well (except iron banner). I still rock my year one mida multitool in cruciable
If your light is high enough you can use them even in iron banner you've never received hate mail like when you kill someone in Iron banner with icebreaker. guys were salty as hell today :)

If your light is high enough you can use them even in iron banner you've never received hate mail like when you kill someone in Iron banner with icebreaker. guys were salty as hell today :)

Why? From what I've read the only good thing that gun has is regenerative ammo, with the rest of the stats being meh. I bet it's not even close to the Thorns cheese in Crimson Doubles last week. That was just stupid.

Why? From what I've read the only good thing that gun has is regenerative ammo, with the rest of the stats being meh. I bet it's not even close to the Thorns cheese in Crimson Doubles last week. That was just stupid.
I don't normally use snipers and could care less about any cheese BUT i do pull it out to piss off the campers that sit back with 1000yrd stare. i run mostly a scout rifle maybe a hand cannon for tight maps and a side arm or shotty if everyone else is running shot guns. Ice breaker was always good people can say what they want ive had mine since 2nd week of the game. Don't really use it much now besides patrol rarely and those camping asses.

So anyone here still playing and excited about the new update? From what I read so far it seems like getting to a higher light level should be a little bit easier now with how infusion and decryption works now.

Edit:
Also some of the new vendor rolls look pretty damn good. Sure there is no more insane Hung Jury roll but there look to be some worthy replacements.

Going to start playing again with this new update, haven't played in a few months now

Up to 320 from 315 already from all the exotic engrams I had saved up. Had 12 in my vault prior to the update just waiting for it to go live. Most decrypted 318-321.

Yeah I have a couple still saved in my fault for when i get a little higher. I'm currently only at 305 so I want to wait so if I get something good it wont take me as long to infuse it later on.

I'm waiting for Destiny 2. Any day now Bungie...
Bungie still has at least one more "season" of content planned for this one, so I wouldn't expect any news on Destiny 2 until the end of the year with a release date for the end of next year.

I just got into this again after quitting for a while. Hell of a lot of fun with a Corsair Lapdog and a XIM4, and I was glad to see better equipment is easier to get now. When I last played I could never really get above 240 with the available solo content, but with whatever changes they made, I went from 240 to 300 pretty easily in a week of casual playing.

Now that I'm at 300, though, it's happened again. I think the only way to go any higher is to get a solid group of players together and do Nightfalls/Challenge of the Elders? I tried those with random people and everyone either died repeatedly and or was AFK from the start. I guess I'm done for a while again until there's more solo content?

One thing that really pissed me off was a new item Variks sells that requires a class-item Legendary Engram. I went to buy one from the Cryptarch for 60 Legendary Marks, and... it was decrypted immediately. Into some shitty item worse than what I had. There should really be a warning for that, because I had no idea that would happen and I thought I was getting the engram. :(

Last edited:
I have both Dust on my PS4 and this Game about two years worth....I'm only hanging onto my PS4 due to games like Destiny 2 , Deep Down and a Souls remake.

Anyone here getting excited about Rise of Iron? It looks promising from what I have seen so far.

Seen some Destiny action figures Toys at Walmart right next to the Halo Toys they have a Sparrow and like choose your character and some other stuff.

Back