desktop images go dim, but my cursor remains the brightest object on screen

Straypuft

Limp Gawd
I have had this problem on anf off for the last 2 years, first with my GTX 260, and now with my GTX 560ti.

I can load up something with a white background and move my cursor over it and notice that the white background is dim while the cursor is white and the brightest object on screen.

This happened a week ago, and now its happened again at system start up today.

The only way I know of to fix this is to reinstall the video card drivers from nvidia.

Has anyone else had this problem? And is there any way to prevent this from happening again?

*edit* this happens on my second monitor as well

Yes, go to the nvidia control panel and go to "adjust desktop color settings" on the left (in the display section). Set it to "other applications control color settings" and at the bottom make sure the Digital vibrance is on 50% and the "Hue" is on 0 (just because, though you can have psychedelic colors on everything that way! :D).

Theeen if that doesn't work: Control Panel\Hardware and Sound\Display and then "calibrate color" (on the left).

Last edited:
Yes, go to the nvidia control panel and go to "adjust desktop color settings" on the left (in the display section). Set it to "other applications control color settings" and at the bottom make sure the Digital vibrance is on 50% and the "Hue" is on 0 (just because, though you can have psychedelic colors on everything that way! :D).

Theeen if that doesn't work: Control Panel\Hardware and Sound\Display and then "calibrate color" (on the left).

thank you very much, this problem just happened and i was able to find and set it, but i had to set it to use nvidia settings

Back