Denon Reciever Volume Slow

AthlonXP

Fully [H]
I looked around online but could not pinpoint exactly a way to fix this. I have one of the newer model receivers (AVR-S510BT) and noticed it take a longer then normal time to turn the volume up or down.

Yes indeed. I chalk it up to the 35 cent remotes they use these days.

I would download the Denon app for your mobile device and see if that performs better. Also I found the app grants better functionality than the actual remote does.

The app is called Denon Remote App v. 1.1.4.

Good luck

Thanks, I wish I had researched that when looking to buy a new receiver. It's really annoying overall, and for the remote I actually programmed it to my X1 remote for now but plan to migrate it over to a harmony remote.

Thanks, I wish I had researched that when looking to buy a new receiver. It's really annoying overall, and for the remote I actually programmed it to my X1 remote for now but plan to migrate it over to a harmony remote.

If you minimize the delay settings on the Harmony remote it should be decent. I have an X4200W and I don't find changing the volume to be way too slow (though it's not super fast either, and I assume it's all relative here)

I looked around online but could not pinpoint exactly a way to fix this. I have one of the newer model receivers (AVR-S510BT) and noticed it take a longer then normal time to turn the volume up or down.

This is the AVR I have for our upstairs room and the remote changes the volume when pressed without delay.

Did you update the BIOS?

I also just purchased a Harmony 650 this afternoon and set it up. It works just as well and I recommend the Harmony if you want an all in one.

It might be the Comcast X1 remote then. However I moved to a Harmony remote and it works just fine.

Back