Dell XPS 410???

ATITek

Limp Gawd
I am looking at a Dell XPS 410. My question is how much shovelware / bloatware comes on the XPS machines now that Dell lets you choose NOT TO INSTALL a bunch of junk during the config. For example, no security software, entertainment trials, ISP, and so forth.

A list would be appreciated.

My advice is to go configure a machine on the Dell site and see for yourself. Doesn't cost you anything.

Otherwise, I'd look at our recent articles on Dell. We detail pretty extensively what software is included on the system.

I have configured the XPS 410 multiple times. However, the review on [H]Consumer is from several months ago. Dell has since added options to remove entertainment software, security software, ISP Software, and productivity software. However, I wonder what else they sneak on the machine that is not listed during the config of the system. Your XPS 700 review from October 2006 shows the machine is almost a clean install of windows. However, that is the high-end XPS and I wondering if the 410 doesn't get some shovelware that is beyond the control of the config system.

Back