Dell U2715H - Severe ghosting?

latuiv

n00b
Hi there,

I juste received my new Dell U2715H, and I immediately noticed some visible ghosting (or overdrive artifacts?).
For example simply moving the mouse pointer (the black mouse pointer on Mac) on a light gray background leaves a gray trail behind the cursor.

Here's a picture taken while (gently) moving a window:
ghosting.png
Notice the light pink trails on the left of the "Extensions", "Réseau", and "Partage" icons, and on the window sides.
This is actually much more visible in reality than on this crappy picture.

Is a U2715H owner also experiencing something like that?

Last edited:
Do you have the monitor in "fast" mode or "normal" mode. I have a S2716DG and I noticed when in fast mode the overdrive is rather aggressive and I'd get the "shadow" issues when I'm moving stuff around in windows (120-144Hz) mode. Try normal mode and you shouldn't see any ghosting.

Along with the other suggestions here, I would make sure the refresh rate is set to 60 Hz.

Thanks for your replies.

Response time is set to "normal".
I tried the "fast" mode and it was even worse.

I also double checked the refresh rate is 60Hz.
I tried the HDMI, miniDP, and DP inputs, as well as various known good cables.

So I'm wondering if my unit is bad, I'm overly sensitive, or if it's a generalized issue...

I tried 5 of those, each with dead pixels, ghosting and more... IIRC, the ghosting occurred with a high contrast setting. I could bee wrong though.

Thanks for your replies.

So I'm wondering if my unit is bad, I'm overly sensitive, or if it's a generalized issue...

Looking into an RMA might be a good idea. I liked my U2715H, and bought it because I owned 2 U2414H's. But, I wanted a 4k screen, and a bigger screen.

Thanks for your replies.

Thanks for your replies.

I am also experiencing similar issues with my new u2715h. I especially experience it when scrolling texts on gray background. Is this normal or my unit is bad?

Back