Dell Moddage 2k4!

Syrus

n00b
Hey everyone just joined here, I go to twisted forums quite often but I wanted to see how this forum is...Anywho i have a Dell Dimension 8100 whcih i got for free, so i worked with what i had and here are some results, still not finished, I might throw some watercooling in it and then paint it...Comments or questions are welcome.

Mods: Case Window / CCFL switch modded into drive bay / Rheostats modded into drive bay / painted fan duct / Replaced Leds on front panel / Cut out Dell Logo in front / Added 2 fans - not really a mod but whatever

STOCK=UGLY
http://www6.tomshardware.com/cpu/20010130/images/delldim8100highend.jpg

My set up
DSCN3985.JPG

Different angle
DSCN3986.JPG

Detroit Logo, made that which was fun
DSCN3987.JPG

Inside the comp
DSCN3988.JPG

Front View
DSCN3991.JPG

Most recent pic- Added Rheostats for the 2 fans 1 more later on
DSCN4174.JPG

Closer view
DSCN4175.JPG

Sry for gigantic pics i dont have the time to resize them right now sry

Once again comments or questions or suggestions are more than welcome

Next to come:
Stealthed Drive bays
Paint Job
Watercooling *maybe*

Very nice! I have to say that Dells might be cheap, but they aren't too pretty. Once again, good job on making something so ugly look so good.

Is that the MS Natural wireless keyboard?

I don't think Dell cases are that ugly, atleast not compared to the beige Compaq I had.

its a MS natural keyboard but its not wireless, they dont make those..lol

i thought teh case wasnt bad stock but i think it looks way better right now, beige is very ugly i do agree, thanks the comments

thats pretty awesome man. i once modded out a gateway with 2 rectangle windows along the top and bottom and put the ccfl right in the middle of them came out ncie if i do say so myself.

i dont understand what your getting at thevampirelord66... but thanks for your complimenst :)

wow... a modded dell? well... i never....

simply amazing... ive always had the impression that dells were unmoddable, but amazing... this gives me a couple ideas ;)

one more thing... i m just curious but how thick is that round plexi lit by a red led on the top.. the one with the detroit logo?

i need to know a thickness because fathers day is coming up and ive decided to make my dad something with a lighted plexi panel using leds since hes an electrician and would proabbly enjoy that

again, amazing...

not too bad so far. some cheap accesories would do wonders like round cables, split loom (even better, sleeve, but more expensive), and re-routing of the wires (especially the light). if you could turn around your hard drive for even more cleaness. maybe a false floor of some kind to clean the look of the floor of the case. all cheap stuff that could improve the look a good amount. if you painted the inside (black, imo), which could eliminate the false floor need would be a huge improvment.

if i were you id skip the water cooling on the dell. i probably dont need to elaborate on that. just save that money for either better hardware or even better sell that computer and build your own. just some ideas i thought id toss at you. :)

That is cool!!! I like the detroit logo... oh that reminds me

Detroit Pistons: NBA World Champions 2004!!!

I have one request though...

can we get a photo in the daytime?

Yeah you gotta love the pistons if your from anywhere other then LA. Woot. I just hope none of those players end up on my team once they get split up and sold like the chumps they all are.

As for the Dell, I took one apart the other day and I was pretty impressed by the way they routed everything. They also had some semi cool coolling methods. I wasn't impressed by the fact that the PC was an intel P4 with a whopping 128 megs of ram.

you cut out the dell logo to light it? it looks prety nice what did you cut that with?

kronchev said:
i think theyre normally transparent

only in the high-end poweredge's are they transpaent ;)

Back