Dell Latitude D810 Power Problems? PLEASE HELP!

So, about a month ago, I came home from school to find my laptop dead. The AC Adapter plugged in, with no light on. Any attempts to plug it back into the outlet give me a sputter of a light on the power source, and quickly dies away. Thinking that the AC adapter had died, and then ran off of battery the remainder of the day, I tried trouble shooting, Ala: Taking the battery out, including the small battery on the mobo, to no avail.

Last week, I finally got around to ordering a new AC Adapter for my laptop, and today when I get home from school, I see a little box from dell with my name on it. I rip it open, plug it in, and see the little green light come on, and get excited. I plug it into the back of my laptop, and then the light goes off. OH NO! I tried to turn it on, nothing happened (just like I figured it would at that point.) So I grabbed the old AC Adapter and plugged it in, it lit up, like the new one, and as soon as I plugged it into the outlet int he back of my laptop, the same thing happens. I just dropped $45 on this new adapter, and my problem was not solved, so I'm kind of upset about it. Anyone have ANY idea whats going on with this computer?

This makes me regret trading my diesel desktop even more than ever.

You might want to post this in the Dell support forum. Sometimes searching their forum, or talking with one of their techs on the forum can be helpful. If you are having this problem, other people might also. That said, I do not have any problems with my D810.

Thanks, at this point, Im thinking the main battery is dead. I have no idea though. Its frustrating knowing that I just spent $40 for nothing AND I have to wait longer to resolve my problem...

You most likely have a problem with the invertor on the board. It still runs off of battery right? If it does and your symptoms are that it won't charge and won't run off of ac power, it's your invertor. Dells solution is replace the motherboard although you may be able to just replace the invertor on the board.

Back