dell HD lcd tv's

if you wanted to use one to watch tv or play console games on, that'd be one thing. however for a PC monitor they are just too low of res. when you see a 23" widescreen LCD for under a grand you know something fishy is up. 1024x768 is really low for computer use in my opinion..i wouldnt buy one for that purpose. however for a TV they might be ok if your not interested in HD (1080i)

Dell, Gateway etc should keep doing what they do best, make over priced computers. When they entered the home entertainment market people got hurt.

All they are doing is using re-branded LCD product often from low-end manufactures that as a rule don’t offer a high level of performance. Many people are afraid to shop in stores because they really don’t know enough to know if they are being told the truth by a salesman or not. Sad as that is these same people don’t hesitate to buy sets like these from “trusted” names like Dell etc.

The worst LCD and Plasma sets I have ever seen come from Gateway and Dell and a few others, worse if you could find the company who actually made the product it would be much cheaper to buy direct from them instead.

Sets like this are only “OK” at best for TV use, as computer monitors they don’t do so good.

I know that might sound harsh, but if you could see them side by side with other product I doubt you would buy one.

A similar example is the Bose wave radio. You don’t see them in stores because if people listened to one then compared it with another product they would never buy it. But, get one in someone’s home with no comparison and they will probably keep it. Same goes for this stuff..

Luck

I would have seriously considered one if the resolution were not complete ass. Really, 1280x768 on a 17" is horrible for computing, forget the 19" and anything else since it still has the same resolution. Take a look at the 23" 1920x1200 LG panels, or even that 20" Apple LCD.

Back