Dell EqualLogic PS4100XV Management Software

Riccochet

Fully [H]
Picked up a used Dell EqualLogic PS4100XV SAN. It did not come with any of the management software. Since it's used I can't go to Dell to get it. Specifically looking for the array configuration and VMWare integration suites. If anyone can point me to where I might find this software it would be much appreciated.

It should have software to manage it on the controllers. VMware integration comes in the form of a Virtual appliance and I don't believe you can get it or SAN HQ without a maintenance agreement.

I received no documentation with this unit. How do I access the controllers? I've tried a serial cable to the serial port using PuTTY but am no getting any response from it.

Assuming that your unit is a dual controller box, only 1 controller is active at a time. Try the other controller.

Here is a basic setup guide from dell HERE. The standard serial settings are 9600 8 N 1. Once you get connected, you'll probably want a clean reset of the array.
Hit Ctrl-P on boot and use the following commands to reset the grpadmin password:
setenv RESETPASSWORD 1
reload

Once it's reset, you can wipe it using the "reset" command.

That's the other problem I'm having, not getting anything out of the serial ports. I've tried both controllers. Maybe it's the USB-to-Serial adapter I'm using, but it works fine for ASA's and everything else I need a serial connection for.

I emailed the reseller. Starting to get pissed. This SAN was not cheap.

Back