Dell D600

BGM

Limp Gawd
Anyone got one of these?

Im looking to replace my getting long in the tooth L400 and was just wondering if anyone had any experience with this laptop..

can't seem to find a thread concerning it :)

Ta

I am at work right now for Anthem.com and all of our Managers and the IT department that i work in we all have these.

personally i'm not a big fan of dell's i love ibm laptops but these dell d600 are nice laptops everybody seems to like them alot not sure if this helps you at all but just my 2 cents

I have quite a few of the D600's and D800's at my desk right now. They are great little laptops, the are nice and small (in compairson to the old C series Dell's), they run cool, and the screen is great. The only problem I have with them are the l/r click buttons for the touch point in the keyboard, the buttons are "squishy" feeling.

I have a D800, and my boss has a D600. It is a great little laptop. Good battery life, good screen, good size.

Personally, I love my D800. I say go for it.

I would take a look at the new D505, it has a 15" screen vs the 14" on the 600 and the WS 15.4" on the 800.

just my .02

my girlfriend has the d600 and about 4 of my friends have the d400 and a few more have the d800 (my school offers insane deals on these..about 1300 for a midlevel d400 and like 1200 for a nice d600)

personally, if you can spend a few extra bucks and have a main rig still i say get the d400..its portability is soo nice

if you will be using this as your main computer and moving it a bit get the d600

if you will be using this as your main computer and hardly move it get the d800

(i plan on working my ass off this summer, 40 hours a week and buying a loaded d400)

ah cheers for that input guys, i havent seen these laptops in any stores or seen any reviews about them so its good to hear not a single bad thing!!

Shinji, that d400/d600/d800 comparison was really handy, im going to look into the d400 more, basically because i think a laptop should be portable and having one thats difficult to move around alot seems pointless to me...

The Dell that is closest to my current laptop is the x200/300.. they do seem to be a little underpowered but if anyone has one id love to hear your views..

Cheers guys, im going to try to pick one of these up within the next few months... see how it goes :D

I have D600 assigned to me by my employer. Using it just for timesheets lately since my contract site does not allow outside computers and supplies us with desktops onsite.

I've had it since last september 2003. Everything works fine except my screen seems to rub on something when closed. I have streaks on the LCD's outside film surface. Not very noticable at night but when there are reflections during bright daylight you can see them. Everytime I carefully clean them off with a damp cloth they just come back. More annoying but I have never had a laptop lcd screen come into contact with the keyboard before.

Just Dell lax QC.

BTW my M6807 LCD does not rub up onto anything when it's closed

:D

no problem BGM..thats what im here for :p

but please note that the d600 is pretty portable, just not quite the same as the d400. if you cant stand having all external devices (there is no modular bay on the d400...it plugs in via usb) then by all means get the d600

its kind of a toss up between portable and ultraportable

Love my D600. 5lbs with combo drive, full size, fast, sweet. :D Use it every day in class, (req'd by college of business @ MSU).

Back