Dell Battery drivers

wayout2day

Limp Gawd
I put this in Operating systems...maybe better in mobile computing, but it seemed more related to XP.

I've got a wierd new problem. Have a Dell Latitude D600 laptop. running on XP Pro. Just reformatted and re-installed windows--with a Dell disk. The Battery, while old, ran ok enough before.

Now, Device Manager shows all the drivers loaded, except for 3 Battery drivers. I 've worked on quite a few Dells over the last few years without seeing this. The drivers are not listed at Dell's site for this model--giving the System's ID number to the page.

Any suggestions for finding Battery Drivers ?

If there is any more info to help this, I will provide. As a side note, I had another dell laptop, about the same age, last week, that caused the same problems, only 2 battery drivers needed on that one. But the HDD died so I didn't pursue it.

Last edited:
Don't know about battery drivers, never heard of such a thing. Perhaps you should install the chipset driver Dell might offer on their support site.

Turns out that nLite caused the problem. This is a known problem in Dell installs. We had created a disk with Dell XP install that included the updates. This left out the link that installed drivers that operated the power supply and the on-board battery. Since these were on the disk, we then created a short batch file that fixed this using Device Manager. Sorry to ask, but this fix is now listed below if anybody needs it:

EXPAND -R D:\I386\BATT.DL_ C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\
EXPAND -R D:\I386\BATTERY.IN_ C:\WINDOWS\INF\

Back