Dell 3818DW Ultrawide 4k , Perfect Copy, Advanced RMA till Apr 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

undertaker2k8

[H]ard|Gawd
A beast of a display 38" 4k 3840x1600 ultrawide, near perfect copy with minimal glow no bad pixels and great uniformity. Dell Advanced RMA till Apr 2022!

Ships color calibrated for D65 via XRite i1 Pro .

Will ship with original cables/accessories and of course Dell's awesome HAS stand.

You're better off buying this than a new one because I have already gone through the exchange rigmarole (luckily only one for this one) to get a great copy.

Supports 3-way KVM (connect 3 computers to the same USB peripherals, 2 via USB A and 1 via USB C) ! Unmatched for productivity!

Asking $850 shipped PPFF.

Attachments

• 20200709_072333.jpg
    20200709_072333.jpg
    281.3 KB · Views: 0
  • 20200709_072236.jpg
    20200709_072236.jpg
    137.2 KB · Views: 0
  • 20200709_072239.jpg
    20200709_072239.jpg
    137.2 KB · Views: 0
  • 20200709_072255.jpg
    20200709_072255.jpg
    151.3 KB · Views: 0
  • 20200709_072312.jpg
    20200709_072312.jpg
    123.5 KB · Views: 0
  • 20200709_072324.mp4
    642.8 KB
Last edited:
Ok, before I lower my price on ebay or take this off line, will someone bite? If not, guess my 48cx is going back. This is too good of a display to let go any cheaper.

Last edited:
Has the UW market totally dried up?

I think people have less discretionary spending money due to COVID-19 concerns. The economy isn't in a good place and people are losing their jobs left and right. I wouldn't expect a whole lot unless you really want to mark the price down to sell it quickly.

Good points, must count my lucky stars to not have been impacted financially by all of this..if you look at the stock market you'd never know what's up due to Fed/Dump money printing.

Good points, must count my lucky stars to not have been impacted financially by all of this..if you look at the stock market you'd never know what's up due to Fed/Dump money printing.

The Federal Reserve doesn't print money. That's the Treasury department.

I think people have less discretionary spending money due to COVID-19 concerns. The economy isn't in a good place and people are losing their jobs left and right. I wouldn't expect a whole lot unless you really want to mark the price down to sell it quickly.

Maybe that and this is more of a productivity monitor since it's missing some standard gaming features now in the UW market that most here are looking for, like 100+ Hz and any sort of VRR. You can get new 34"+ 3440x1440p 120+ Hz G-sync/Freesync monitors for what he's asking or less and the extra resolution of this monitor hurts it more than helps it for gaming performance. I know those won't be nearly as color calibrated as this too, but again, most here probably don't care about that much.

Not saying it's a bad deal either, just seems to be for a different market than most here are in, and it's also a 3 year old model at this point.

Last edited:
This is the only 38" screen with 3 way KVM and uniformity compensation, perfect for productivity and any SRGB work. Even without VRR it is great for games and the res is only 3/4 the pixel count of 4k 16:9 so many games easily run at 60 fps+ constant on 2080/ti cards at max settings. Very good for movies too given the large size and decent P3 coverage (near 80%) for a non HDR monitor. In fact, this has been the #1 UW monitor on rtings for years now. Dang I may have just convinced myself to keep it once my OLED return window draws closer next week. 😄

Last edited:
This is the only 38" screen with 3 way KVM and uniformity compensation, perfect for productivity and any SRGB work. Even without VRR it is great for games and the res is only 3/4 the pixel count of 4k 16:9 so many games easily run at 60 fps+ constant on 2080/ti cards at max settings. Very good for movies too given the large size and decent P3 coverage (near 80%) for a non HDR monitor. In fact, this has been the #1 UW monitor on rtings for years now. Dang I may have just convinced myself to keep it once my OLED return window draws closer next week. 😄

It's a great monitor I have to say, wish it were 1440p instead of 4K. I was about to buy it for coding purpose (dang, I love the built-in KVM) but 4K DPI scaling on Windows 10 is very bad I have to say, or at least I don't really like it, as the text is too small for my liking.

GLWS though!!!!

It's a great monitor I have to say, wish it were 1440p instead of 4K. I was about to buy it for coding purpose (dang, I love the built-in KVM) but 4K DPI scaling on Windows 10 is very bad I have to say, or at least I don't really like it, as the text is too small for my liking.

GLWS though!!!!

I have an LG 43mu79-b 43" 4k and I run VS Studio and VS Code. I use the 100% scaling (no up or down) and in VS Studio I increase the zoom to 110% and it runs like a champ. In VS Code I run font size of 12 and I have no problems with any code work. This is a great work monitor, just wish I have enough desk space to take it.

GLWS though!!!!
Not sure what you mean by scaling , 1:1 scaling in windows is 111 ppi or just a bit sharper than 27" 1440p screens, no scaling needed and virtually indistinguishable from my EA274Wmi reference monitor fwiw. This is 3840 x 1600 over a 37.5" diagonal so it's just a slightly bigger 34" 1440p screen for all intents and purposes.

Last edited:
On hold for someone locally, they paid a deposit so fingers crossed goes through no issues lol. Thanks all.

I have an LG 43mu79-b 43" 4k and I run VS Studio and VS Code. I use the 100% scaling (no up or down) and in VS Studio I increase the zoom to 110% and it runs like a champ. In VS Code I run font size of 12 and I have no problems with any code work. This is a great work monitor, just wish I have enough desk space to take it.

Yours is an 43". His is an 38". Big difference right there.
Not sure what you mean by scaling , 1:1 scaling in windows is 111 ppi or just a bit sharper than 27" 1440p screens, no scaling needed and virtually indistinguishable from my EA274Wmi reference monitor fwiw. This is 3840 x 1600 over a 37.5" diagonal so it's just a slightly bigger 34" 1440p screen for all intents and purposes.

I'm talking about the advance scaling setting in Windows 10. I honestly don't like to use 4K monitor on anything less than 43". Text has the tendency to be quite small to me. Scaling it up to 125% on a 4K 38" make some applications to be blurry.

But glad that you have a buyer!

Yours is an 43". His is an 38". Big difference right there.

I'm talking about the advance scaling setting in Windows 10. I honestly don't like to use 4K monitor on anything less than 43". Text has the tendency to be quite small to me. Scaling it up to 125% on a 4K 38" make some applications to be blurry.

But glad that you have a buyer!
The PPI is the same as a 27" 1440p screen, that was my point, so it's usable at the same distance fwiw. :)

The PPI is the same as a 27" 1440p screen, that was my point, so it's usable at the same distance fwiw. :)
I have this monitor that is in the OP, it's perfectly readable without scaling - and yes it's exactly due to the DPI / PPI like you mentioned. I always calculate the DPI of a monitor I'm not familiar with to see if I have to use scaling before buying.

~110 is just about perfect, going too high above say 150 then it starts to get harder and harder. Beyond 175 and it's not gonna happen.

Even 27" 4K can be usable at close enough distances (~163 dpi). It's roughly equivalent to a 13" laptop @1080p. But that's pushing my vision a little ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back