Dell 2407WFP vs. Samsung 215TW

geekysun

n00b
I plan on getting a LCD monitor (I still have an old CRT) and after looking in various guides and reviews, the 2407WFP and 215TW monitors are the ones that interest me the most for their multiple similar features that I could use.

I'm aware of the size and price difference between the two models, but what worries me the most is the colour accuracy/image quality. I'm going to be using my LCD for practically everything (movies, gaming, amateur web design, text, Internet, etc.), so it's really important for me that the blacks be really black, no gradient bending, decent speed, etc. I also am likely to play console games on that monitor, so when I mention image quality, I'm also speaking about component connections.

Therefore, I would really appreciate any comments about which of those two monitors would be best. Being on a somewhat low budget, I don't feel like spending much extra money in a 24" if the 21" from the 215TW will offer much better colours. Thanks much!

Your post described my thoughts exactly, as of a week ago. I was torn between the same two LCD's, and I ended up springing for the 215TW. Once it arrives, I'll let you know what I think of it. Unfortunately, I don't own a 2407WFP to directly compare it against.

They should in theory be about the same... Both are made with Samsung S-PVA panels, the diference being the size and aspect ratio. I just bought the 2407, and couldnt be happier. There were some early units that had banding issues, but that is resolved now, anything you get from Dell will be rev A03.

Anyhow, in the end, its all about price and size. Would you prefer a 21" standard aspect ratio or a 24" wide screen?

I just received my 2407 a few days ago. Upgrading from a 19", the 2407 is HUGH! I totally love it! :D

Back