Dell 2209 WA - Screen defect? help

DPO

Weaksauce
So I have had this display for about 2 yrs....recently have noticed ...just on the right edge, this weird mark that goes from top to bottom, almost looks like the anti glare coating they put on is burning off? Or maybe someone here can identify what is going on here...

It shows up in games...certain websites...depending on the background color, desktop , etc...so it is there all the time...seems to be getting worse :(.

I'll try and upload some pics...hopefully you can see what I mean...
note: it is on the far right side of the desktop...the dark on the right side of the pic is just the bookshelf behind my display...hope that makes sense.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

I have something like this on an old LG 19" TN LCD. Almost looks like water spots under the surface of the LCD. This isn't something that can be fixed as it is a panel defect I believe. I would contact Dell and hope that your monitor is still under warranty.

Hi, i have a 2209wa with same issue

had it for about 3-4 years, use it daily but not on for 24/7 more like 4-5 hours a day

Its worked great and only monitor i own but started noticing exact same issue the pictures above showed, its starting on the top left corner with a wavy blobby shaped peeling off the sides. I like the idea that its the anti-glare peeling off...i've seen other threads where people actually take that off and the screen looks better imo.

one of my 2 2209wa's has the same issue which developed over time probably in the third year of owning it, it's the first one I bought and probably 4 years old. It also has 2 vertical lines of pixels that appear stuck for the first 10-20 minutes it is powered on then goes away. It's way out of warranty and I've moved onto a 2913wm 21:9 monitor as my main and the good 2209 I still have as a secondary. The bad 2209 is currently living in a closet.

one of my 2 2209wa's has the same issue which developed over time probably in the third year of owning it, it's the first one I bought and probably 4 years old. It also has 2 vertical lines of pixels that appear stuck for the first 10-20 minutes it is powered on then goes away. It's way out of warranty and I've moved onto a 2913wm 21:9 monitor as my main and the good 2209 I still have as a secondary. The bad 2209 is currently living in a closet.

has anyone tried removing the AG coating on 2209wa?

I might try doing it if this issue gets worse on my 2209wa just to see if it really is the AG coating causing it

Back