Dell 2007WFP and loss of dark detail

Ray2097

Limp Gawd
I have Dell 2007WFP with S-IPS panel... It looks like some kind of digital "black corrector" or some other stupid "contrast or whatever enhancer" is killing shadow detail in dark scenes.(this panel can clearly display all the details in dark areas, so this must be something with the electronics). Is there a solution? IPS panels don't have dark detail loss when viewed from straight angle like PVA and that's great, but this is obivously something Dell specific. Maybe tuning something in service menu?

I can allways adjust gamma, but that will wash out the rest of the image which is just PERFECT.

Monitor is really great, and except this problem i can only say that it rocks!

Not in the service menu but...under "image modes" in the regular on-screen display..make sure you are using "desktop mode" instead of "gaming" or "multimedia" and see if that helps.

All LCD's have poor dark detail in general, S-IPS just doesn't have the viewing angle issues on top of that.

its like that with a lot of LCDs.. to get the blacks really black you have to drop the brightness, there is a happy medium.. try running nvidias tuner for the color/blacks etc.. forget what is called... its in the menu somewhere.. but it does a pretty good job... can always use hardforums too.. the dark grey/blacks make it easy to know whats good :)

Back