Dell 2001FP Fizzled, what next?

NIGHTMARE2

Gawd
About 6 weeks ago my Dell 2001FP fizzled out and I've tried calling half a dozen times to Dell CS to see about a replacement. It is literally fucking impossible to get through to them. It is so unbelievable frustrating.

Anyone have a quick track to getting through to these people? I think they make it impossible so they don't have to deal with it!

I bought it Jan 04. Warranty is 2 years right?

NEC support has been unbelieveable. I even forgot my RMA # (MRA # in NEC language) and they easily found the record through the serial # and gave me my tracking #. FP912SB headed back on mon around 4:30 :D

Dell is a huge company so there are probably a billion support numbers....have you tried contacting your place of purchase? Newegg is great with this kind of thing.

NIGHTMARE2 said:
About 6 weeks ago my Dell 2001FP fizzled out and I've tried calling half a dozen times to Dell CS to see about a replacement. It is literally fucking impossible to get through to them. It is so unbelievable frustrating.

Anyone have a quick track to getting through to these people? I think they make it impossible so they don't have to deal with it!

Email 'em at [email protected]. Include your customer number and order number. Expect to wait 6-12 hours. They like email.

I have a funny dell story, one time I was fixing a friend's computer. After letting McAfee run all night and having the scan still not finish, I knew something was wrong so I ran the diagnostics program which told be the hard drive was bad. I decided to call their main support line, through which I was directed to their laptop support center. After waiting on hold for 20 minutes my friend starts rumaging through her paper work and finds the direct number to the same department which I've been on hold with for the past 20 minutes. She dials the number and within 5 minutes someone picks up and after describing the problem and reading the status of the diagnostics the dell guy tells us the new hd is on it's way and we'd have to send back the old one. I was like "You've got to be kidding me..." Here's the interesting thing, I got transfered and had to wait longer than I would have if I called directly. What I can say to you Nightmare is that you should try every support number you have and if possible have two phones going at once. I can't explain it and in theory what happened to me shouldn't happen, if the calls are chronologicaly queued, but it did, and they're not, I suppose. I'd venture a guess that I'm not the first this has happened to either.

the email does work. Not sure what email you are using but Dell, for some unGodly reason, does use it. I like it because you then have proof of what transpired and any RMA or other critical data noted for reference.

NIGHTMARE2 said:

interesting. I had purchased a new 2001fp to match up with another 2001fp that i purchased several months back. but the newer device had a new panel that was made from another batch. the colors did not match up and the on screen dislpay functionality was very different. after a day or two of color calibrating, i gave up and gave CS a call. I told them the new screen came "broken" and i wanted a new one. i had one at my doorstep in two days. i didnt have a problem at all getting them to give me a new one.

Back