Delayed Write Error..

randyc

Best Person
delayedwriteerror.gif

Anyone know how to fix that?
I get it every 5 - 10 minutes or so.

Assuming D: is a hard drive, I would try updating the chipset drives for the board and controller, and also make sure it's running at it's highest ATA speed.

Its an 80 wire...
How can I ID my harddrive controller? The mobo is a Soyo kt400 dragon ultra platinum.

Turn off write cacheing on that drive. The drive maybe getting ready to take a shit on ya.

Haha, I did that too...
I wouldnt be surprised if this drive is about to die...
I have had it for quite along time, like since 5gbs was enough.

Also, make sure your power supply is ok/enough wattage. Me and one of my friends has gotten that before and turned out to be an issue with the power supply.

ooh, how that right htere may be it..
I have an allied 450...
sorta offbrand, may be underpowering shtuff.

Originally posted by randyc
ooh, how that right htere may be it..
I have an allied 450...
sorta offbrand, may be underpowering shtuff.
I would shy away from the PSU being the problem. If it was, the drive would have a hard time spinning up at boot. Lot's of people like to blame unexplainable problems on the PSU, granted a crappy PSU can cause all kinds of stuff to go wrong.

Well first review this
which goes over some of the write cache issues and patches, that are normally more SCSI related than IDE

then I would not be so quick to dismiss the power supply
Id simply consider it in the normal order of probability
considering the normal "issues" dont seem to be the root cause
troubleshoot it like a url=[http://www.hardforum.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=721012]Corruption[/url] issue

Had this exact same error when the performance options for memory usage was set to system cache instead of program usage. If I should be able to set it to system cache with no problems like this, then something is not doing well in my own system. Although, I have had the same error with different m'boards and different drives.

I heard somewhere ATI driver+Large Cache Tweak=Write Delay error, dunno if this applies to you?

OldMX

Back