Delayed Exposure

Egg242

Limp Gawd
Post your best, or your first attempts here because it does not matter. Just constructive criticism here please.

On that note, here are two exposure shots I took over New Years. Gotta love sparklers :cool: .

CraigSparklers1.jpg

CraigSparklers3.jpg

These last two were taken at a friends house. He has one of those micro racers with a light in it so we drove it infront of the camera. The last on was when we got it sitting upright and spinning.

CarJump.jpg

Spin.jpg

these are some shots i did with my friend where i used a green lazer to "scan" an image of him and whatnot. i think it looked pretty cool. what u peeps think? ill post some others later.

NighT_0017.jpg

NighT_0018.jpg

NighT_0019.jpg

I think that looks really cool; kind of like he is just a hologram or something :)

Cool laser shot, you should crop it so only his body shows, and it would look like a hologram. I like the lightning pic too. I dont have the patience to do somthing like that, nor fast enough shutter speed to get the shot.

funny story about the sparklers skot. I didnt think that I would be taking many pics so I left my tripod at home. When I saw the sparklers, a million ideas ran through my head. But I had no tripod :( . I ended up using a bird feeder to steady the shot while I took it :p

first try with delayed exposure...used a "tripod" made by stacking books/magazines/whatever else was around. Probably should have turned off the TV first...

Canon A70
xmastree.jpg

Trying for that postcard shot.

here's one I took over Xmas... I have no idea how the sign didn't blur, but it's nifty.

sign.jpg

Great shots. Now I need to get out and, shoot some. Yeah the green laser reminds me, I need to follow though on setting up for some holography. Got a couple of book on it.
Yeah Egg I can relate to leaving the tripod or, monopod behind and, going DOH! I try to carry mine all the time.

sadly i dont think my fuji a210 can take long exposure shots (i hope im wrong): here's what it says on the website

Code:
Exposure Modes
Exposure modes allow photographers more control over the amount of light used to capture images.

* Automatic Exposure (AE Mode): Will detect light levels and set exposure accordingly.
    * Manual Exposure (ME Mode): Allows photographers to set aperture area and shutter speed for hands-on control over exposure.
    * Aperture Priority (AP Mode): Camera will compensate with appropriate shutter speed to give the best picture.
    * Exposure Compensation (EV Mode): Gives photographers the ability to alter auto exposure settings for artificial control over the amount of light in a picture.
    * Program AE (P Mode): Functions much like auto exposure, but gives photographers more detailed control over a number of possible settings.
    * Shutter-Priority Auto Mode (S Mode): Allows photographers to select a shutter speed while the camera sets the aperture for correct exposure.

another part indicates the shutter speed is 1/2 - 1/2000 sec.

another part indicates the shutter speed is 1/2 - 1/2000 sec. [/B]
well that tells u right there, you cameras longest exposure is 1/2 a second. so u cant do any exposure for longer than that. so u cant do any "delayed exposures"

Originally posted by Joves
Great shots. Now I need to get out and, shoot some. Yeah the green laser reminds me, I need to follow though on setting up for some holography. Got a couple of book on it.
Yeah Egg I can relate to leaving the tripod or, monopod behind and, going DOH! I try to carry mine all the time.

i tried holography... never really got it to work right... all i got was a bunch of lenses mirrors lasers and a box full of sand out of that project :(

oh and really expensive film i never used :(

a few shots from my street.
2sec. exposures
the snow has this greenish look because our street lamps are that engery saving type

snow1.jpg

snow2.jpg

snow3.jpg

I think it has that greenish look because you're really in The Matrix! Muhahahaha! :D

Back