Debating CPU upgrade or hold off?

jmnovak

Weaksauce
Been thinking of upgrading my CPU but wondering if its worth it right now or if I should wait aliitle longer. Right now I'm running system in my sig. From what I can tell its benching around stock 8700k numbers:

CB15- 188/1409
CPU-Z- 495/3740
Queen-81291
RealBench Encode-136,054 (39.16)

Guessing a 6950X(4.4ghz) would have a IPC overclock close to the same as my 5820k(4.6ghz) but does have 4 more cores might be able to find one on Ebay for cheap. Or is the 9900k way to go? Wait for Zen2? Just looking for some feed back.

Thanks

Last edited:
Are you thinking of upgrading because your current CPU is incapable of a certain level performance or just because you have the itch?

I currently have a 4930K, but upgrading to a 9900K (And yes, i know of the alternatives...:p) Mainly i'm upgrading because i have the itch and the funds to do so. It's been like 3-4 years since my last upgrade, plus my brother is getting most of the computer i have now minus the drives, mouse and keyboard. (He's still using the 2nd computer i built 8-9 years ago and that i sold to him once i upgraded..lol) I say get what YOU want. There's something for everyone's budget or tastes nowadays imho.

Back