[DEAD] Samsung PRO Plus microSD cards ~$20 plus coupon

Nobu

[H]F Junkie
SAMSUNG PRO Plus microSD https://a.co/d/inok6RL

Best deals on these, I think:
$18 128GB U3 (180MB/s) $11 after coupon
$21 256GB U3 (180MB/s) $18 after coupon
$29 512GB U3 (180MB/s) no coupon

Not crazy good, but $11 for 128GB is good if that's all you need.

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
I swear by Samsung MicroSDs after years of self-detonating SanDisks. I have several running currently, including two Pro Plus cards.

I swear by Samsung MicroSDs after years of self-detonating SanDisks. I have several running currently, including two Pro Plus cards.
Can vouch for this as well. Used patriots and some sandisk in the past. Been using Samsung for years now with no issues. Wouldn't be surprised if they survived nuclear armageddon along with the roaches =P.

SAMSUNG PRO Plus microSD https://a.co/d/inok6RL

Best deals on these, I think:
$21 256GB U3 (180MB/s) $18 after coupon
$29 512GB U3 (180MB/s) no coupon

Not crazy good, but $11 for 128GB is good if that's all you need.
In Canada the 256GB is a wonderfully affordable $79.37! (About $65 USD)

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
My most recent microSD card failure was a 128gb Samsung Evo card, in my daughter's Kindle. I think SanDisk and Silicon Power are the only companies I haven't had a card go bad with yet. Patriot and PNY are 110% garbage in my book. That said, I jumped on this deal, grabbed a 128 and 256 card.

My most recent microSD card failure was a 128gb Samsung Evo card, in my daughter's Kindle. I think SanDisk and Silicon Power are the only companies I haven't had a card go bad with yet. Patriot and PNY are 110% garbage in my book. That said, I jumped on this deal, grabbed a 128 and 256 card.
I swear it is always a dice roll crap shoot! I've sworn off brads only to be fully impressed later on.
We need a PC consumer reports that goes through the hard testing.

Reactions: Ikasu
like this
Is this deal basically dead? I don't see a coupon, so 128GB comes up at $13.99 for me.
Also, there are articles on the web advising against buying directly from Amazon because of counterfeiting. Any reason to be worried?

I have never had issues with items shipped and sold by amazon, but I'm not on an endless upgrade cycle either.

And yeah, guess the deal is dead. Was a $7 coupon, checkbox on the product page.

Is this deal basically dead? I don't see a coupon, so 128GB comes up at $13.99 for me.
Also, there are articles on the web advising against buying directly from Amazon because of counterfeiting. Any reason to be worried?

I doubt those articles are advising AGAINST buying directly from Amazon...

I swear it is always a dice roll crap shoot! I've sworn off brads only to be fully impressed later on.
We need a PC consumer reports that goes through the hard testing.

It might depend on what level you get. I swear by the faster, higher quality Sandisk MicroSD cards, and knock on wood have not had one go bad yet. There is a 1 TB in my Surface Pro and a 512gb in my Switch. The 1TB especially has been used and abused, even torrenting off of it. No issues. Can even boot apps off of it pretty fast.

I think I've had either Samsung or PNY (maybe both) go bad in the past, but that was quite a while ago.

I'm just the messenger. While third-party sellers are apparently the worst offenders, Wirecutter two years ago advised skipping Amazon altogether. For deal hunters, it might be worth the risk, though.
To avoid getting scammed, buy directly from a reputable seller like Best Buy or Adorama. This is an instance in which buying in person from a big-box store is a good idea; you’ll almost always pay more, but you’re more likely to get the genuine article. Another way to avoid fakes is to search for "Where to buy" links from the card manufacturers to find authorized retailers. If you are considering options on Amazon, look for "Ships from and sold by Amazon.com," and be sure to select the original packaging if that’s an option (not Amazon’s "Frustration-free" packaging, for example).
Some Amazon customers have reported receiving fake cards directly from Amazon. If you suspect your card is a fake, contact Amazon customer support for an exchange.
(emphasis added)
I doubt those articles are advising AGAINST buying directly from Amazon...
Has anyone here had success or failure with Kingston?

I'm just the messenger. While third-party sellers are apparently the worst offenders, Wirecutter two years ago advised skipping Amazon altogether. For deal hunters, it might be worth the risk, though.

(emphasis added)

Has anyone here had success or failure with Kingston?
Amazon comingles inventory with third party sellers. That significantly increases the chance of a fake unlike Newegg, best buy, etc. which don't do that.

If I'm reading this right, Samsung now has this deal with no coupon and free shipping. If you have a Chase credit card, you may be targeted for additional fifteen per cent off for a few days via Chase offers. Not to mention that Amazon is running a deal too.

Reactions: Nobu
like this
Back