(DEAD-OOS) MSI RX 6800 $400

So isn't the "new" 7800 just a rebadge 6800? So this is basically a 7800 with Starfield for $400?

These appear to be back in stock, Did they ever have Driver issues or issues with overclocking?

These appear to be back in stock, Did they ever have Driver issues or issues with overclocking?
My friend have the PowerColor Fighter one and he said no driver issues and it can overclock very well, even he can use MPT for extreme overclocking and still use the stock fan.

My friend have the PowerColor Fighter one and he said no driver issues and it can overclock very well, even he can use MPT for extreme overclocking and still use the stock fan.
Sweet, thanks for the detail. Seems like a pretty sweet upgrade from my 1060!

Sweet, thanks for the detail. Seems like a pretty sweet upgrade from my 1060!
I just checked the link and it's back in stock!!! with Starfield premium nonetheless!!!
It would be huge improvement, you would triple your framerate based on TPU's review data:

1695170345605.png

Anyone unwilling to buy one of these at $400 with a free Tier 1 game is henceforth forbidden from ever complaining about nVidia's ever-worsening consumer pricing.
Nor if one was to get a higher performing 7800XT at similar $/performance ratio. A 6800XT at $450 would also be a great grab.

Just bought a 6800 not too long ago to replace the 1080 on my wife's machine. Seems like a great card so far, definitely one of the best value-to-performance out there right now.

Just bought a 6800 not too long ago to replace the 1080 on my wife's machine. Seems like a great card so far, definitely one of the best value-to-performance out there right now.
How noticeable of an upgrade was it? My 1080 Ti is starting to show its age and I have no idea what to upgrade to.

How noticeable of an upgrade was it? My 1080 Ti is starting to show its age and I have no idea what to upgrade to.
2080ti=6800 approx.
Spend a coffee and a sandwich more and get at least a bump over that. Only you know your budget as you haven't given a hint on that.
Are you asking for an opinion or a random guess?

Are you asking for an opinion or a random guess?
I've looked at oodles of benchmarks. Looking for real world opinions. Budget isn't my issue outside of paying $1,500 for a gpu, more like satisfaction of dollar per unit of enjoyment. Seeing if people who upgraded from the same card I have felt that the real world upgrade was great or just meh.

3 x 8 pin for power, I don't even know if my PSU has 3.
Good look. I would've never imagined a 6800 (non XT) would have 3 x 8 pin. Even my XFX 6900XT (which has the slightly improved "6900XTH" chip) only uses 2 x 8 pin.

I just stuck my head up my PC's ass and I have an open 8 pin, the 1080ti uses 2 so that would be the 3rd one. Tempting..... why did I just buy a new phone I didn't really need, ugh... could have wasted more money on this!

Back