[Dead]MicroCenter: $300 7800X3D. $289 7900x. Pricematch with Best Buy.

Welp, it's officially black friday and the price didn't drop. Whomp.

What do we think? Pull the trigger at $350 or hope that cyber monday is the day that it drops?

My concern is that the price goes back up after today.
Do you qualify for zip pay at Newegg? Extra 11% with that.

From what I read, that discount doesn't apply if the item already has a promo attached (Avatar)

https://www.reddit.com/r/Newegg/comments/1816v9f/how_does_the_zip_discount_code_work_11_off/
Zip Pay will not work if another coupon code is active. Because its entered as a coupon code. And Newegg only allows one coupon code active at a time (per item?)

As far as items which come with promo bonuses, such as games: That's not a rule. If such a product doesn't work for zip pay, its because Newegg specifically excluded it from working with the Zip Pay coupon.

For example, Newegg often excludes white GPUs from zip pay. But the same gpu in the 'normal' color scheme, would usually qualify.

Anyway, the zip pay promo applies in my cart right now, for the 7800X3D. However, zip pay won't approve me to use it, so I've never been able to utilize it for deals. (in this case, I already have an 7800X3D anyway, which I got for $320 over a month ago).

Its $328.41 in my cart. Zip Pay has a $6 service fee, once approved and ordered.

**I did some testing to triple check.

Sapphire Pure and Nitro+ 7800 XT are not compatible with the zip pay promo right now.

But the Powercolor Fighter, Gigabyte Windforce 7800 XT's work. Both include Avatar.

**Powercolor Hellhound 7800 XT does not work with Zip Pay right now.

Last edited:
Thanks chameleoneel! I ended up paying with zip on newegg which brought the price down to $319.

I also found out that Best Buy doesn't price match in the Black Friday / Cyber Monday time period, so even if Microcenter did drop to $300 between now and Monday, I wouldn't be able to get a price match.

Can't complain for $319 though!

Thanks chameleoneel! I ended up paying with zip on newegg which brought the price down to $319.

I also found out that Best Buy doesn't price match in the Black Friday / Cyber Monday time period, so even if Microcenter did drop to $300 between now and Monday, I wouldn't be able to get a price match.

Can't complain for $319 though!
Excellent!

Just a heads up, the 7800X3D bundle is down to 470 now. A modest savings, but a savings nonetheless. Also there are a couple of open box 7800X3D's available for $289 near me, so something to check for if you want to customize the RAM/MB.

I see a few copies of the motherboard in this bundle on sale for $89 as well, so it's possible to grab the CPU+MOBO with the $20 off, open box, and add in your own RAM which is likely to actually run at EXPO/XMP settings with no issue, vs this kit.

Just a heads up, the 7800X3D bundle is down to 470 now. A modest savings, but a savings nonetheless. Also there are a couple of open box 7800X3D's available for $289 near me, so something to check for if you want to customize the RAM/MB.

I see a few copies of the motherboard in this bundle on sale for $89 as well, so it's possible to grab the CPU+MOBO with the $20 off, open box, and add in your own RAM which is likely to actually run at EXPO/XMP settings with no issue, vs this kit.
Hot damn. I randomly checked my MC this morning and they had a open box 7800x3D for $288 and now I am $800 poorer. Weird that is was ready for picky up a 7:44am. They don't open til 9am.

Last edited:
$800 poorer 😆. Now to lazy and get everything in without draining my loop.
PXL_20231212_203321242.jpg

Back