Dead Deal. AsRock 7900 XTX Phantom + Starfield Premium -> $799

I wonder if anyone caught this? Pretty great deal while it lasted.

I saw it and it was interesting but in reading the terms, you are agreeing to a finance charge and for Zip to automatically bill you for 4 payments. So the cost was tax + their finance charge and agreeing to their billing terms. Not sure it was that appealing honestly since the stock for that card didn't seem to budge or be in danger of running out.

I saw it and it was interesting but in reading the terms, you are agreeing to a finance charge and for Zip to automatically bill you for 4 payments. So the cost was tax + their finance charge and agreeing to their billing terms. Not sure it was that appealing honestly since the stock for that card didn't seem to budge or be in danger of running out.
I wish people would stop posting deals that require doing something other than paying normally.

The moderators should disallow this kind of thing.

Deals come in all shapes and sizes. If it it's not your bag of tea, just move along.

This. Some people have no qualms jumping through an extra hoop or two.

What about opening retailer credit cards for a promotional discount? Are we going to post those too? And they're generally good for every item offered.

What about opening retailer credit cards for a promotional discount? Are we going to post those too? And they're generally good for every item offered.
I'm sure in certain cases that makes sense, but those don't work for everyone since it is dependent on other factors. Again, if someone is willing to jump through the hoops.

It’s worth pointing out the fine print in cases like this though, Zip used to be quadpay which was just 4 fast payments at 0%. Now it has fees and financing charges built-in so it’s not a simple BNPL type of thing that you can just pay off and deal with the soft credit pull or whatever they were doing before to get the discount.

I guess these smaller banks/services are feeling the credit crunch and high interest rates too and finding ways to pass the buck to the consumer.

If you don't like it, ignore it and move on.
No, thanks for the suggestion though.

These services have the potential to affect credit scores. But they're masquerading as something much simpler.

Perhaps you should move on if you don't care to discuss things to transparency? Which seems to be the case quite often.

It’s worth pointing out the fine print in cases like this though, Zip used to be quadpay which was just 4 fast payments at 0%. Now it has fees and financing charges built-in so it’s not a simple BNPL type of thing that you can just pay off and deal with the soft credit pull or whatever they were doing before to get the discount.

I guess these smaller banks/services are feeling the credit crunch and high interest rates too and finding ways to pass the buck to the consumer.
This is good to know, but not surprising since every deal has some sort of 'catch'. And those of us that are looking for deals typically know to watch for the 'gotchas'. It's one of the reasons I read every TOS or 'click through' legal agreement that's ever put in front of me. Hell, the cell phone company sales kids roll their eyes when they want me to sign something without seeing it and I ask for a hardcopy of what ends up being a 14 page document. Everything today has gotchas--the world has turned into a shady place. And deals are no exception.

These services have the potential to affect credit scores. But they're masquerading as something much simpler.
This is good to know and is why deals threads like this are important--because information like this can be posted and help people make a proper decision. I don't see a problem with a deal with caveats if someone also brings up the caveats like you just did.

No, thanks for the suggestion though.

Perhaps you should move on if you don't care to discuss things to transparency? Which seems to be the case quite often.
They hid the terms and conditions on zippay? Oh wait, no, Newegg didn't. It was clearly stated in the OP it uses a zippay coupon.

Post your own deals or move on. There's no need to censor deals based on some random poster's personal preferences. (yours) Do you complain about b&m only too?

Last edited:
A deal is a deal, if it doesn’t seem tasty then move on. Wait let’s take a vote on what is censored and how irritating it is to you. Let’s not. Besides nothing stopping one for buying the same card for $899, also rather reasonable except now it is back up at $949.

For the 4-payment option, its a $6 fee. But, there is no interest.

The 12-payment option has like 30% interest.

Back