DDR2 Q6600 Mobo Recommendation?

goodl

Limp Gawd
Im just about to upgrade my E6600 Core2duo system to go quad. Could anyone recommend a suitable mobo for it. I want great stability and overclocking, plenty of SATA,USB ports and e-sata, Silent heatpipe cooling and 45nm support. Obviously I have done some review reading but some personal reports would be great. I had an Asus P5W DH with the old setup and have been mostly happy with it. Havent considered Nvidia 680i as I dont use Sli and want maximum stability and Ive had my fingers burned with stability issues on Nvidia chipsets before but I'm open to persuasion

I switched from EVGA 680I board to the Abit IP35 PRO, So I have had both. The IP35 wins hands down between the two as far as performance and definitely more reliable and runs cooler and overclocks like mad.

No problems with either of my EVGA 680i SLI boards (Part#'s 122-CK-NF68-AR & 122-CK-NF68-A1). However, if I were to recommend a P35 chipset based board, I'd have to go with the two that ASUS is releasing under the Republic of Gamers brand. The Blitz Formula and the Blitz Extreme. Second to those I'd go for either the P5K3 Deluxe or the P5K Deluxe. Either of those are outstanding.

(I am not sure if they are for sale just yet or how much they cost.)

Though ASUS support still blows, their latest crop of Intel chipset motherboards have just been spectacular.

No problems with either of my EVGA 680i SLI boards (Part#'s 122-CK-NF68-AR & 122-CK-NF68-A1). However, if I were to recommend a P35 chipset based board, I'd have to go with the two that ASUS is releasing under the Republic of Gamers brand. The Blitz Formula and the Blitz Extreme. Second to those I'd go for either the P5K3 Deluxe or the P5K Deluxe. Either of those are outstanding.

(I am not sure if they are for sale just yet or how much they cost.)

Though ASUS support still blows, their latest crop of Intel chipset motherboards have just been spectacular.

I thought the blitz boars were off the x38 chipset?

I thought the blitz boars were off the x38 chipset?

Nope. P35 chipset. It is likely that additional boards based on the X38 chipset will come out in both the regular ASUS line and Republic of Gamers brand. To me it looks like the Blitz Formula and Extreme boards replace the ASUS Commando while offering both a DDR 2 and DDR 3 platform to choose from.

Another vote for the IP35 Pro. abit has been on a roll and putting out some great boards, if you don't need the bling-bling. I'm doing just as you are, goodl: making the move from an E6600 to a Q6600, which should get here Friday or Saturday. There's another gent (handle of NIF here at [H]) who is getting some good OC'ing done with a Q6600/IP35 Pro combo.

Back