Day After XMas Fry's Sale

SuperPhly

n00b
Ok guys, it's that time of year again. Let's get this stuff going. Here's what I do know:

Get to the store no later than 5:30AM. Yes, before the doors open. Last year my room mate and I got about $700 worth of stuff for about $200. Some deals I remember:

1. 180gb hitachi drive for $69
2. battery powered spot light (that actually works) for $10
3. some cheap cases (decent) for $10 with 350w
4. ECS mobo and 2.4ghz celery for $65 or close to it.

I'll be there Sunday morning. Austin Texas. Hard OCP shirt.

Fry's has a day after XMas sale. Damn, mustof missed that one last year... To bad I am in houston this xmas. Maybe my bro will be at the one in austin... But I will check out the Fry's and Microcenter after XMas sale... :)

Shattoww said:
Does anyone know of any After Christmas Day sites much like bf04.com?
bf04.com's fry's BF information was way off. they should have known better by now... the Fry's BF ad never gets leaked. :p

The Fry's day after Christmas sale isn't any big deal. It's just going to look like a regular Fri-Tue ad. I've been going for years.

Several years ago Fry's would do the yearly clearance between Christmas and New Year's Day and there were really awesome deals. They haven't done that in 4-5 years. :(

If I'm not mistaken a Fry's just opened up in Clear Lake darktiger. That's a few miles outside of Houston.

There's one up I45 near 1960. I'll be in Houston this weekend...meetup?

Megadeth_Guy01 - You are correct, Webster (southeast, think NASA area) to be more exact and there is one to be opening up on the southwest side, 59 south @ West Belfort, just outside the beltway... eta is anybody guess as of right now... :rolleyes:

Megadeth_Guy01 said:
If I'm not mistaken a Fry's just opened up in Clear Lake darktiger. That's a few miles outside of Houston.

I think the Clear Lake frys and the Sugarland Fry's are not open yet. They still have construction workers there, when I passed by there the other day. Dont think they are open until late January........But I will be going to Fry's Austin next week anyways.....But I can always check out the Fry's off of 45....

Megadeth_Guy01 said:

It will be cool when the Fry's opens up near sugarland. So my gf lives 10mins away from Fry's, 10mins away from Microcenter, and 10mins from Directron. And I wonder why I am always leaving Austin and coming to Houston.....

darktiger - The southeast store (Clearlake, Webster, whatever) was advertised as open in last fridays Fry's ad. I drive right by the Southwest one and it's a month or two off...

I work only 2 minutes or so from Directron... small world!

umbra said:
damn you all with FRY'S

Hahhaha, Dont forget Microcenter, because they rock also.....Like my 250gb WD 7200rpm SATA NO REBATE for $100 and my 74gb Raptor for $147 NO REBATE.... :D

darktiger said:
It will be cool when the Fry's opens up near sugarland. So my gf lives 10mins away from Fry's, 10mins away from Microcenter, and 10mins from Directron. And I wonder why I am always leaving Austin and coming to Houston.....
*Shudder*. I used to be Marketing Coordinator for Directron.com. More power to you if you haven't been hosed by them...

Morley said:
*Shudder*. I used to be Marketing Coordinator for Directron.com. More power to you if you haven't been hosed by them...

Whats wrong with them? Ordered from them several times before and nothing has happened.

is it really that hard to have a few locations on the east coast they would swamp bb out of bussiness cus of prices !!!!

navicaph said:
Whats wrong with them? Ordered from them several times before and nothing has happened.

yes, explain please, what's wrong with directron? :confused:

navicaph said:

I've picked up many an order there (more $ than I'd like to think about right now!) and I have never had any problems with them...

Shudder*. I used to be Marketing Coordinator for Directron.com. More power to you if you haven't been hosed by them...

Have not been hosed yet. Now there was this white guy last saturday who said there was nothing wrong with my antec 480watt, he hooked it it to this old mb and used the power checker. I knew there was still something wrong, but he insisted on there was nothing wrong. So I took it home and hooked a multimeter to the AUX Power, only one worked. But the asian guy on Monday helped me out and gave me a exchange. But then again I can sometimes get discounts from the wife of the owner, because my gf knows her...

Yeah, any links or lists of whats going to be at frys and microcenter?

I actually have money and could use some storage (not to mention that my 2400+ and the a7v266-e isn't playing nice).

i told you so, nothing that special. many are repeats of/similar to BF sale items:
http://ads.myoc.com/onlineads/ocr/index.jsp?catId=1&adNumber=0006467202-01&advURL=www.Outpost.com
http://ads.myoc.com/onlineads/ocr/index.jsp?catId=1&adNumber=0006467204-01&advURL=www.Outpost.com

some highlights:
2.2GB usb micro drive $79.99
BTC 16x DL DVD+/-R $49.99
seinfeld and stargate box sets $24.99 each
GBA SP bundle (cobalt gba, r-type iii and elf) $69.99
sempron 2400+ combo (w/boxed CPU) $59.99
kingston 512MB PC3200 $49.99AR ($20MIR)
maxtor 250GB retail $99.99
paint shop pro 9 $9.99AR ($30 upg rebate + $50MIR)
8 in 1 usb card reader $4.99
refurb palm iiixe $19.99AR ($30MIR)
norcent progressive scan dvd player $14.99AR ($10MIR)
norcent? dp-1950 home theater $59.00
vivitar 5MP digicam $97

no point waiting in line for that. most of what i want will last for hours before going OOS. this isn't best buy.

Back