Dang decisions....7800GT, 7800GTX, or 2x6800GS

[RIP]Zeus

2[H]4U
Basicly what the title says....i donno what to get....heheh

I am kinda limited to 400 dollars...and i donno if i can get away with spending 50 to 60 dollars more for the GTX..

What do you guys think?

Acquire a 10% off best buy coupon that starts tomorrow, get the BFG 7800GT OC plus any game up to $49.99 for free OTD, and send in the $50 BFG rebate.

Total: $399.99 - $40 10% off - $50 rebate + tax = $309.99AR/AC + tax for a 7800GT OC and a good game. Bonus points ($) if you have a rewardzone card since the purchase would get you points worth over $10 in store coupons making it $299.99AR/AC. :D

That's what i might do tomorrow for some SLI goodness (ouch, $625 on video cards)... or i might buy a second eVGA 6800GS and sell my 7800GT OC to save $220. :p It really is a tough decision.

It is hard....i keep looking at the 7800GT and go damn....I look at the 2x6800GS and go damn...LOL

I am lost in this loop hole....Oh which to go with...

Total: $399.99 - $40 10% off - $50 rebate + tax = $309.99AR/AC + tax for a 7800GT OC and a good game. Bonus points ($) if you have a rewardzone card since the purchase would get you points worth over $10 in store coupons making it $299.99AR/AC.

It sound good...but i hate bb and i don't want to support there stupid ass lol

Plus i donno if they will be doing this in missouri...also i don't have a rewardzone card either ;)

[RIP]Zeus said:
It sound good...but i hate bb and i don't want to support there stupid ass lol
I don't like BB either. I doubt they're making anything if I get one for $299.99AC/AR/RZ. I only buy loss leader stuff and price mistakes from BB. I'm a devil customer all the way. :D

I've never been happier with my XFX 7800 GT OC's. I bought one and put a Zalman VF700 Cu LED on it, then bought another and did the same to run SLi. The performance difference between the GTX and GT is not that significant and the XFX cards are very well built (albeit they are reference design) and I got Call of Duty 2 for free PLUS $30 off! Total came to $309. from new egg. Right now Newegg is shipping the Extreme Edition cards that feature better stock cooling and a cool glowing LED.

With my cards in SLi and the new system I built I hit 11,000 on 3DMark05 too. :eek: :eek:

I would go with the dual 6800GS's. According to the Tech Report, they perform on par with a 7800GTX, for about $100 less. They also consume less power.

7800GT. While it may not perform as well as 2x 6800 GS's, think of the long term value. A year from now you could buy another one, vs having to sell both of your 6800 GS's. Not saying they aren't a good choice, just rather stating the future value of the cards.

All good points.....damn nVidia for making SUCH GOOD products lol :D

Shit i donno.....2x6800GS look real good...but that 7800GT looks just as good....and the upgrade for the to the 2x7800GT seems better down the road...ya know i just might do the 7800....anyone else have anymore suggestions?

I would go the 7800GT route myself. The one I have is extremely fast from the limited testing I have done and the screens are great!

[RIP]Zeus said:
Basicly what the title says....i donno what to get....heheh

I am kinda limited to 400 dollars...and i donno if i can get away with spending 50 to 60 dollars more for the GTX..

What do you guys think?

Get an x1800xl

;)

Kidding I know you :D

Get the GTX...later when it's cheaper you can get another GTX.
the 6800gs (And I believe you have a 6800gt which is better) is based on last years tech and isn't as good as the 6800ultra...so why bother.
You'd "need" to upgrade again sooner. With a GTX...you'd just need to buy another GTX when 1 doesn't cut it as to buying two new video cards.

Netrat33 said:
Get an x1800xl

;)

Kidding I know you :D

Get the GTX...later when it's cheaper you can get another GTX.
the 6800gs (And I believe you have a 6800gt which is better) is based on last years tech and isn't as good as the 6800ultra...so why bother.
You'd "need" to upgrade again sooner. With a GTX...you'd just need to buy another GTX when 1 doesn't cut it as to buying two new video cards.

You do have a vaild point...But the GS is actully better than an Ultra when you OC it...I'm after ocing and overall game play of these cards....the Dual GS...or the 7800GT...can't get the GTX right now...i donno...hard choice.

Oh oh...one last thing....no ati LOL!!!!! :D

Shit i donno.....2x6800GS look real good...but that 7800GT looks just as good....and the upgrade for the to the 2x7800GT seems better down the road...ya know i just might do the 7800....anyone else have anymore suggestions?

7800GT all the way.
While the 6800GS's may be a little faster or equal they are still in SLi. The 7800GT is not and thus it is less power hungry, quieter, and Drivers will be much simpler for it. While SLi is pretty much allmost 100% patched up to work with everything thats still never gurranted while wit the 7800GT you can expect 100% performance every time as well as new AA modes and easy multi monitor functions.
I dont see how this choice is at all hard...

Oh oh...one last thing....no ati LOL!!!!!
Sigh....

{NG}Fidel said:
7800GT all the way.
While the 6800GS's may be a little faster or equal they are still in SLi. The 7800GT is not and thus it is less power hungry, quieter, and Drivers will be much simpler for it. While SLi is pretty much allmost 100% patched up to work with everything thats still never gurranted while wit the 7800GT you can expect 100% performance every time as well as new AA modes and easy multi monitor functions.
I dont see how this choice is at all hard...

Sigh....

hehe...it just kinda is...i see these GS's really rocking some ass...But you are the 7800GT seems about right....

Ok then...if it's the 7800GT...then what brand? I am leaning to the eVga 470/1100 one. What you guys think?

edit: Don't worry about the ati thing...me and Netrat33 are just having fun :D

For me their are only three bands for Nvidia.
EVGA, BFG, and XFX in that order.
And when I get XFX I always get a new cooler though.
I feel EVGA just has the overall best Warrenty and the kick ass step up program.
BFG is just overall teh second best makers with the second best warrent and a ok RMA System.

{NG}Fidel said:
For me their are only three bands for Nvidia.
EVGA, BFG, and XFX in that order.
And when I get XFX I always get a new cooler though.
I feel EVGA just has the overall best Warrenty and the kick ass step up program.
BFG is just overall teh second best makers with the second best warrent and a ok RMA System.

XFX and BFG = no. The lifetime warranty doesn't count for much when you have to RMA their products every time.

eVGA and Leadtek = major yes. Leadtek makes some of the most solid products around, and their bundles are great. And everyone knows how good eVGA is.

Bona Fide said:
XFX and BFG = no. The lifetime warranty doesn't count for much when you have to RMA their products every time.

I'm not saying eVGA and Leadtek are bad, but I have not had a single problem with XFX. I have purchase two cards that have worked flawlessly and overclock like MAD! They've sent me Call of Duty 2 for free and now I am getting my $30 rebate from them for my second card. I think its safe to say that you can have bad experiences with any manufacturer, I know people who HATE Asus for getting a faulty board. So I think its all relative.

AppaYipYip said:
I know people who HATE Asus for getting a faulty board. So I think its all relative.

Sad too. I see bad things about the antec neoHE but I know antec makes pretty good power supplies. Suddenly feels like antec is on a "hit list" I used to hate ati cards until the 9800 series. Have more faith in them now. I seem some bad things posted about ASUS A8N sli mobo but see more postive reviews. Had to buy an SLI board because ati has nothing currently that I feel as realiable (crossfire soultions). Now hoping that crossfire will be hacked so it can run on an SLI board and vice versa...I've taken that chance (A8N SLi Premimum purchased). If not buy an crossfire board later if I need it...but I think some [H] user out there will attempt it :D

glad you went with a 7800gt [RIP]Zeus rather than the 6800gs. The 6800gs is a good card but I think you'll find longer life with the 7800gt in this stage of the game. The GS seems more proper for say "mom and pop" buying their kid a new video card on a budget that's really good. (No offense to anyone out there that can't/wont spend $300+ on a videocard which I can completely understand. Great bang for the buck)

Back