DAN A4-SFX: The smallest gaming case in the world

The majority of 4.2g oc 6700k is the maximum temperature was low than default clock and default voltage setting 6700k.

Ya, I read that it can go up to 1.3 -1.35 V on auto for stock turbo 4 - 4.2 GHz for the i7 6700K. It is pretty ridiculous.

Anybody putting in a flagship 250w TDP gpu in their DAN A4? I am really tempted into trying my first $500 tier gpu since I do have the money to do so. Unless I am gaming 4K, I see the non-TI x80 Nvidia series GPUs to be future-proof for 1440p gaming.

Which monitors are you looking at?? Ones with G-Sync??

Hey!

i'm looking at a monitor around 500 euro, i don't know if i can find a good G-Sync monitor at that price, because they are expensive. The ones that i'ven seen are around 700, even more. 900..

I think i'm going to take something like LG 27UD88-W

I have a P287Q and it is a great 4k monitor. Low imput lag and 60hz in 4k over displayport 1.2. Abd if your gpu is to slow for 4k go down to 1440p this works great.

3440x1440 in all of it's glorious ultrawide goodness. I almost bought a 4k monitor but at 28" the difference between 2k and 4k aren't that prominent.

Also the the retail space gained with 3440 is just amazing for games.

Update #6

Production will start next week pending on 3M riser order completion!

I wonder how long the production time period will take.

Can't wait.

@X-Zan, I've found a very nice 350€ deal from German Amazon for XB280HK, which is a 4K, 60 fps g-sync monitor. I can run everything maxed out with a GTX 1080, no problem. Sometimes framerate drops to ~35-40, but g-sync makes it unnoticeable, so it's a perfect combination.

EDIT: Sometimes drops, for example I can run Batman Arkham Knight at constant 60 fps, which is one of the best looking games to date.

Last edited:
promaty

350€????

Very good price and very good purchase!!!

I want one too :(

Amazon.de: Einkaufsangebote: Acer XB280HKbprz 71,1 cm (28 Zoll) Monitor (Displayport, USB 3.0, 1ms Reaktionszeit, UHD, NVIDIA G-Sync, Höhenverstellbar, Pivot) schwarz

Happy hunting : )

Look for adds that are "Sehr gut", which means that it is used but has a "very good" quality. Usually just like the real thing, but with damaged packaging, etc.. These amazon deals are epic.

Also check out amazons of other countries as well (ending .co.uk, .fr, .es), but usually german one has the most stuff.

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Is anyone else planning on buying custom sleeved PSU cables for this? Want to help me try to estimate the amount we'll need?
I'm currently working with the Silverstone sfx 450w. Unless you kids are so cool you make them yourselves.

Is anyone else planning on buying custom sleeved PSU cables for this? Want to help me try to estimate the amount we'll need?
I'm currently working with the Silverstone sfx 450w. Unless you kids are so cool you make them yourselves.

I am thinking of getting the low profile thin says cables. Me in for the 600w silver stone. If someone be kind enough to figure out the lengths...

There are more of us "custom cable cats" around. The problem with sharing cable lengths is that it will mostly depend on your mobo and less on the PSU. Especially, the 24pin and 8pin ATX cables will need varying lengths based on the mobo. Maybe somebody can find a worst case mobo, and dimension the lengths on that. It's not so bad to have them slightly too long for if you change your mobo afterwards.

I would consider getting the SF600 as that is a better psu with near platinum efficiency numbers.

Let me read up on some reviews.

OT: My total build is coming up to ~1800 now. Gave a ceiling of 1600USD. Well, I haven't built a PC in like last 4 years, nor do I have a expensive laptop. So... I am good. :D :D. I think.

Pray my wife doesn't see the total.

dondan

This is just a request. No need for you to do it if you are busy.

Can you please take some pics of the case you got with some everyday items?. Like with a soda can, beer bottle, a cell phone, a back pack or a carry on bag etc.
I personally feel such pics with some sort of reference we already know will be a kick ass addition to your site.

I was wondering about overclocking cpu power increases as it seems that prime95 for a 4.7-4.8GHz overclock is roughly 80watts or so more whereas I saw in a Tom's Hardware review, a 4.7-4.8 GHz overclock for gaming, it is roughly only 40-55 watts more? Is this accurate? Just want to confirm. Obviously I will be doing very minimal overclocking on my cpu for the DAN A4.

dondan

This is just a request. No need for you to do it if you are busy.

Can you please take some pics of the case you got with some everyday items?. Like with a soda can, beer bottle, a cell phone, a back pack or a carry on bag etc.
I personally feel such pics with some sort of reference we already know will be a kick ass addition to your site.
I second this motion. Pics to appease our appetite and ease the slow torture like pain that is waiting for this case to be released...

Lol, pics of your build would be cool too.

Been playing around with a hard riser idea for the A4, it offers reliability at a cheaper price compare to the 3M riser cable.

DonDan gave me the idea of using a Right Angle PCIe X16 connector to reduce complexity.

Wont' know the how well it works until I get the prototype.

Just excited, because this has a small, but not negligible chance of working.

3CZgO6ml.jpg

qng1QZ9l.jpg

Also, the PCB riser doesn't conflict with the 3M riser mounting standoffs. So the case should be able to mount the 3M Riser OR PCB Riser.
Om13kuSl.jpg
How does the riser perform the two 90° bends? Edge-soldered?

Hi Dan
Do you know how to mount a fan on the t318 cooler for x99? I plan to build a x99 system in the dan case but I am worrying about the cooling

Hi Dan
Do you know how to mount a fan on the t318 cooler for x99? I plan to build a x99 system in the dan case but I am worrying about the cooling
You can either zip tie a fan to the heatsink or dremel out notches if you have fan mounting hardware shown in linustechtips' first Dan A4 video.
x99_2.jpg

My AIO pump was making a grinding noise, so I switched to a T318 and Noctua A9x14 fan. I used zip ties to hold the fan in place. Temps are definitely worse than the Seidon 120V cooler I was using, but the Noctua fan is quiet and I haven't had thermal throttling (stock speeds and voltages, with multicore enhancement on). I'd expect better temps in the Dan A4 than my case (Inwin 901) so I wouldn't worry about X99 cooling at stock or at a mild overclock.

Been playing around with a hard riser idea for the A4, it offers reliability at a cheaper price compare to the 3M riser cable.

DonDan gave me the idea of using a Right Angle PCIe X16 connector to reduce complexity.

Wont' know the how well it works until I get the prototype.

Just excited, because this has a small, but not negligible chance of working.

3CZgO6ml.jpg

qng1QZ9l.jpg

Also, the PCB riser doesn't conflict with the 3M riser mounting standoffs. So the case should be able to mount the 3M Riser OR PCB Riser.
Om13kuSl.jpg

if you managed to get this to work, im down for 1.

My AIO pump was making a grinding noise, so I switched to a T318 and Noctua A9x14 fan. I used zip ties to hold the fan in place. Temps are definitely worse than the Seidon 120V cooler I was using, but the Noctua fan is quiet and I haven't had thermal throttling (stock speeds and voltages, with multicore enhancement on). I'd expect better temps in the Dan A4 than my case (Inwin 901) so I wouldn't worry about X99 cooling at stock or at a mild overclock.
What is your stock 5820k voltage? Have you tried any overclocking? I saw a user running his at BCLK 125 x 32 multi at 1.12v. I'm currently deployed and can't test my system but that would be great to see if a BCLK 125 x 30/31/32 at those volts can be managed with the T318. I wouldn't mind running low 80s on a 3.75/3.875/4GHz 5820k.

What is your stock 5820k voltage? Have you tried any overclocking? I saw a user running his at BCLK 125 x 32 multi at 1.12v. I'm currently deployed and can't test my system but that would be great to see if a BCLK 125 x 30/31/32 at those volts can be managed with the T318. I wouldn't mind running low 80s on a 3.75/3.875/4GHz 5820k.

Stock voltage is 1.005V. I haven't tried overclocking yet, I've been using my computer for work and can't afford downtime.

That is a really nice stock voltage. I'll have to test mine sometime in November and see what numbers I can come up with.

Here is a TechPowerUp review that shows CryOrig C7 temps with stock 4.2 GHz at a max of 1.28V. From what I have read, you should be able to run an i7 6700K at 4.3 GHz at around 1.2V. 4.4 GHz is definitely possible as most will take around 1.24-1.26V to do so.

I think i am going with a cooler from Coolchip. Seems they partnered with Thermaltake with the smaller cooler. So if soon someone is selling the bigger one i will take that instead and drill some holes for the heatpipes to fit in the case :D

High Performance Cooler – CoolChip Technologies Inc.

I´m not certain, but i think that those heatpipes are vapour chamber ones... but not totally certain. And i also think that the bigger one didn´t got out yet

Not yet, but if the smaller once is aviabel soon, then the bigger one shouldnt be that far away.
I guess if i drill the wholes in the side panel , the Heatpipes will stand out about 1-2mm. Buts thats fine with me :D maybe it looks cool too :D

My wishes for v.2:
  1. Do not support 2.5" SSD, only M.2. There are many M.2 with different capacity on the market (from 128Gb to 2Tb). Depth will be 295mm - 170mm from motherboard and 125mm from PSU.
  2. Height can be 175mm - 170mm from motherboard and 5mm for PCIe riser (supported only SFX, not SFX-L).
Case dimensions will be 175 x 112 x 295 with this options. Only 5.8L

Currently I don't plan a v2 version of the A4-SFX. Maybe there will be a v1.1 version with tiny changes like closing the gap over the gpu, but no major changes to the dimension.

We will see what the customers of the first serie say.

In January I will start the development of a new case. I have so many idears that i like to realize.

Currently I don't plan a v2 version of the A4-SFX. Maybe there will be a v1.1 version with tiny changes like closing the gap over the gpu, but no major changes to the dimension.

In January I will start the development of a new case. I have so many idears that i like to realize.

Great! I will buy A4-SFX and will wait your new project.

Last edited:

Closing the gap over the GPU would be great.

Are there any plans to include a USB type C power to the front panel?

Great case by the way!

Closing the gap over the GPU would be great.

Are there any plans to include a USB type C power to the front panel?

Great case by the way!
I would also like to see an upgrade to the USB port, but as far as I know. The internal connector for USB 3.1 isn't even finalised, let alone actual motherboards that support it.
Maybe a V1.1 with an added type C?

Reactions: Wilko
like this

A case that I would like to see is something that only supports:
- Mini-ITX motherboard
- mini factor GPUs (e.g. mini GTX 1070 GIGABYTE - Graphics Card - NVIDIA - PCI Express Solution - GeForce® GTX 10 Series - GeForce® GTX 1070 Mini ITX OC)
- DCDC power supply.

This can still be a beast PC for 1080p or even 1440p gaming and smaller footprint than a console... :)

A case that I would like to see is something that only supports:
- Mini-ITX motherboard
- mini factor GPUs (e.g. mini GTX 1070 GIGABYTE - Graphics Card - NVIDIA - PCI Express Solution - GeForce® GTX 10 Series - GeForce® GTX 1070 Mini ITX OC)
- DCDC power supply.

This can still be a beast PC for 1080p or even 1440p gaming and smaller footprint than a console... :)

That my friend is not and will not be the Dan A4 SFX. It started it's life using dcdc power but it always had space for longer gpus.

There are a handfule of projects that meet your wants in this forum.

That my friend is not and will not be the Dan A4 SFX. It started it's life using dcdc power but it always had space for longer gpus.
I was talking about future suggestions that dondan is planning to work on from January

Not yet, but if the smaller once is aviabel soon, then the bigger one shouldnt be that far away.
I guess if i drill the wholes in the side panel , the Heatpipes will stand out about 1-2mm. Buts thats fine with me :D maybe it looks cool too :D

May be if There is à glass panel available this fan will feet.now dondan only showed à glass panel on the gpu side. But if we can use it on the cpu side, the 5 minimeter might help;)

Last edited:
Back