D2D - $3.50 - Condemned: Criminal Origins (76% off)

D2D - $3.50 - Condemned: Criminal Origins (76% off)

Reviews make it sound like it's worth a fast food value meal?

Definitely worth $3.50. Game was pretty creepy in several spots, and fresh in that it wasn't just another shooter. The hand to hand combat, though repetitive after a few levels, is actually pretty satisfying. It's neat to be able to rip a pipe off of the wall and use it to bludgeon a crazed druggie. Also adds to the level of tension when you're out of bullets and all you have is a board (the axe and sledgehammer are much more powerful, but far slower to wield as they should be).

It's not perfect, but the game has a good following. I usually spend 2x this at lunch so I'm in. Thanks Tolyngee.

Its a good game, well worth the price. skip starbucks and you are set. combat is a little different but its still good.

This game is creepy. I feel like it's a good deal though.

good game but a little weird too. its certainly worth $3.50 and I dont feel cheated paying 20 bucks for it a few years ago.

I bit, I had this for 360 but sold my 360 a few years ago. Hopefully it's not like all the other 360 games that ended up on PC gameplay wise, still a good game nonetheless. I'm still waiting for the download to finish, it's going terribly slow.

The 360 version gave me nightmares for a few months, but I'm not into horror movies so I had no frame of reference.

Is D2D trustworthy, or will it destroy my computer? I've always wanted to play a 60fps version of this game.

Last edited:
The 360 version gave me nightmares for a few months, but I'm not into horror movies so I had no frame of reference.

Is D2D trustworthy, or will it destroy my computer? I've always wanted to play a 60fps version of this game.

D2D is trustworthy, they've been around for a while afaik, i'd just be careful as i'm getting terrible download speeds.

Im thinkin it over, somebody sell me on this..

Do you want a game where you can beat someone with a dirty toilet seat or desk drawer? I thought so :cool:

It's a good game, well worth $3.50. Not as good as Condemned 2: Bloodshot (curse Sega for not bringing this to PC), but still well worth your time.

I bit, and it's maxing out the connection here at 1.8MB/sec. I'll have the whole game in ~30 minutes

This is seriously one of my all time favorite games...easily in my top ten. I wasn't sold on it in the first 20-30 minutes, but once you get into it its pretty awesome....and there are definitely some places that will make you jump along the way, especially if you play with the lights off. Its an absolute steal at this price. A must buy if you're into horror, in my opinion.

i went in playing this game thinking it was just gonna be a gritty beat-em up type game. boy, was i wrong, this game scared the crap out of me. i've played through dead space, doom 3, and a few other "horror" games, but this one actually topped them all in the "scary" list. is this odd?

edit: by the way, TOTALLY worth 3.50. no question.

i went in playing this game thinking it was just gonna be a gritty beat-em up type game. boy, was i wrong, this game scared the crap out of me. i've played through dead space, doom 3, and a few other "horror" games, but this one actually topped them all in the "scary" list. is this odd?

Better than Metro 2033? (assuming you've played it...)

I haven't tried out this game, but for that price, I'll give it a shot!

Metro 2033, though short, was a pretty good game. Creepy parts in the game and some would just scare the bejesus out of me. Though I still say Dead Space was the scariest, but I guess my opinion may change once I get to try out Condemned.

I could give up some mc d's breakfast. Thanks OP :)

*edit: Damned... I guess the deal is dead.. shows up $14.95 for me :'( Then again, this deal was posted over a week ago >.< Guess I'll give the demo a try Jim hahaha

*edit: Damned... I guess the deal is dead.. shows up $14.95 for me :'( Then again, this deal was posted over a week ago >.< Guess I'll give the demo a try Jim hahaha

Yeah, it was a one-day deal... Ya snooze, ya lose...

Better than Metro 2033? (assuming you've played it...)

nope, haven't purchased Metro 2033 yet. i don't even know how well it would run on my system as it stands, and i'm not upgrading any time soon. i could barely turn up anything on clear sky! and i have no desire to play on the xbox360 as i hate playing shooters with those damned thumb sticks. so, i'm holding off for now.

no, it's considerably scarier because it's much more realistic =P

i think you're 100,000x more likely to be attacked by some junkie than you are demons who are invading your space station ;]

no, it's considerably scarier because it's much more realistic =P

i think you're 100,000x more likely to be attacked by some junkie than you are demons who are invading your space station ;]

hahahaa!

what makes the game creepier is that those junkies don't look like your ordinary junkies. everything is just twisted in a sick way. and they're smart as hell with the running/hiding/sneak attacking. for all of those that haven't played it yet and are going to soon, can't wait to hear about your first in-your-face melee sequence. haha.

hahahaa!

what makes the game creepier is that those junkies don't look like your ordinary junkies. everything is just twisted in a sick way. and they're smart as hell with the running/hiding/sneak attacking. for all of those that haven't played it yet and are going to soon, can't wait to hear about your first in-your-face melee sequence. haha.

I played through a good chunk of it when I had my 360, although that was four score and 7 years ago lol. I'll post when I get that far, as for the guy who asked about how it compares to metro 2033, metro 2033 is a buggy piece of shit. This game is well built, even at the 14$ it's a killer deal. This game is much scarier than metro 2033 imho, but I didn't get too far into it, the technical deficiencies of it really turned me off earlier in the game so my opinion might not represent metro 2033 well.

Back