Cyberpunk 2077’s first major update coming in the next 10 days

I tried to refund after 8 hours on Steam as I felt at the beginning like a few bugs were fine but then the game started to feel incomplete, that's where I asked for the refund, got a no-no for playing more than 2 hours. Yes there might be great gameplay and content, but man those glitches are fucking basic or simple bad design implementations. GTA V is much older and NPCs feel alive, they don't in Night City, they feel like scripted robots.
Sucks about the no refund thing. You could just table the game for 6-12 months and check back in later though!

https://www.cyberpunk.net/en/news/37373/patch-1-1

Patch is out!

Patch 1.1 for Cyberpunk 2077 is now available on PC, consoles and Stadia!

In this update we focused on various stability improvements, which you can find outlined in the patch notes below. We will continue this work in patch 1.2 and other upcoming updates. At the same time we will keep fixing the bugs you encounter and listening to your feedback on how to improve the overall game experience.

Stability

Various stability improvements including:

• Memory usage improvements in various systems within the game: characters, interactions, navigation, in-game videos (news, tv, etc.), foliage, laser effects, minimap, devices, AI, street traffic, environmental damage system, GPU-related, and more.
  • Various crash fixes (related to, among others, loading saves, game opening/closing and Point of No Return).
Quests/Open World

• Fixed an issue where calls from Delamain would end immediately and seem like they cannot be picked up in Epistrophy.
  • Fixed an issue where players would not receive calls from Delamain when approaching relevant vehicles in Epistrophy.
  • Fixed an issue where the objective could get stuck on "Answer the call from Mr. Hands" in M'ap Tann Pèlen.
  • Fixed an issue where Judy could teleport underground in Pyramid Song.
  • Fixed an issue where it would be impossible to talk to Zen Master in Poem of The Atoms.
  • Fixed an issue where Takemura wouldn't call in Down on the Street.
  • Fixed an issue where Jackie could disappear in The Pickup.
  • Fixed an issue where it could be impossible to get out of the car in The Beast in Me: The Big Race.
  • Fixed an issue where players could stop receiving calls and messages after moving too far away from A Day In The Life area.
  • Fixed an issue where opening the package wouldn't update Space Oddity.
  • Retro-fixed the saves affected by a rare issue where speaking to Judy in Automatic Love would be impossible due to an invisible wall. The underlying issue is under investigation.
  • Fixed an issue that prevented players from collecting the reward in Gig: Freedom of the Press. The quest will auto-complete for those who could not collect the reward previously, and the reward will be provided automatically.
  • Fixed an issue where Delamain would remain silent throughout Epistrophy if the player initially refused to help him.
UI

• Fixed an issue where prompt for exiting braindance could be missing.
  • Removed an invalid item from loot.
Visual

• Fixed an issue where a grenade's trajectory could be displayed in photo mode.
  • Fixed particles' hue appearing pink when viewed close up.
  • Fixed cars spawning incorrectly in Reported Crime: Welcome to Night City.
Achievements

• Fixed an issue where completing one of theassaults in progress in Santo Domingo would sometimes not contribute towards progression for The Jungle achievement, preventing its completion.
Miscellaneous

• Addressed the issue responsible for saves getting oversized (related to the modifier indicating if the item is crafted), and trimmed the excess size from already existing saves (note: this won’t fix PC save files corrupted before 1.06 update).
  • Fixed an issue where input could stop registering upon opening the weapon wheel and performing an action.
  • Fixed an issue where the "Continue" button in the Main Menu could load an end game save.
PlayStation-specific

• Performance optimization of crowds on PlayStation 4 Pro and PlayStation 5.
  • Various crash fixes on PlayStation 4.
Xbox-specific

• Improved memory usage for character creation, mirrors, scanning, camera remote control, menus (inventory, map) on Xbox One, Xbox One X and Xbox One S.
PC-specific

• It will now be possible to obtain achievements while in Steam offline mode. Note: Offline mode needs to be enabled before starting the game. This change does not work retroactively.
  • Addressed the game startup crashes related to loading cache on NVIDIA graphics cards.
Stadia-specific

• Concert audio should no longer be inaudible in Never Fade Away.
  • Fixed corrupted textures on several melee weapons.
  • Tweaked default deadzone settings to be more responsive. Note: the change will not affect settings unless they’re set to default.

You can't spend 7 years making a PC-only game that has a finite story ark you can complete in a week or a long weekend and expect to make a bundle, not in 2020/2021+. They're making games like this to make tons of cash, not do a service to the PC Gamer community who, once they get done playing through the story, will immediately begin complaining about DLC or "whats the next game, Cyberpunk 2077 has been out for months already..".

Also, you're still dealing with the spectre of "easier access to Pirated copies of software than you get in the walled-garden world of Consoles".
if you want, i guess, i have over 100 hours in on cyberpunk and i haven't finished the story. guess if your a "beat the story" snob then what evs but i'm having a blast. i think this is, besides GTAV & Red Dead, the funnest i've had since Borderlands 1. there aren't a whole lot of games i pump those kinds of hours into these days.

As I mentioned, rock and hard place (or catch 22, as it were). They should have disregarded last gen consoles completely, but without those console preorders they wouldn't have had backing to continue development for 7 (?) years. Maybe the best solution would have been, as some here have suggested, to develop for PC first, then create a separate branch/project for older consoles (like Crysis did). But then I guess you would have PS4 and XBox1 folks complaining they didn't get the same experience as next gen and PC (...like Xbox and PS3 folks did with Crysis). And again like with Crysis, maybe down the line we could have had an "enhanced" version for PC based on the inferior console version :)
that's exactly it. it should've been next gen only but for that to happen they would've had to refund all the last gen pre orders. when in reality they are having to do it anyway. why you would push such an ambitious title as being able to run on last gen is beyond me. as a pc user we are once again getting the shaft because of all the compromises in gameplay that were once again made so it would work on weak ass 10yr old sub-standard even for that time consoles. F'n peasants.

Upside of having a 1080ti - no CPU utilization bottlenecks in modern games!
yeah you could be running an athlon x2 and get the same frame rates!!!! who needs a good processor these days!???

dang there's no emote for "donkey"

edit: i bet you watch a lot of gamers nexus, huh?

Last edited:
CD needs to re-enable the debug console.
That they do, each update seems to break it for me (modded and not). I'm only using it to respawn iconic items I thought I didn't need... luckily found out early if you scrap or sell you're SOL... re-added them, and then added them to my stash.

Also, really seeing 0 benefit from this 1.1 patch personally. I still have yet to have a bugged out quest or anything game-breaking where I've had to reload. 110 hours on my first play though, 49/50 lvl/cred.

Getting some nice FPS boost and game feels alot smoother with this patch.. Turned RTX back on and FPS hovers in the 50+ area now.. where it use to be low 40's.

Using 6600k + 2080.. Not gonna praise CDPR for fixing there own shit...But this how it shoulda been day one.. So at least the patch is here and good news all around.

Funny thing, I haven't experienced a single one of the "fixed" issues on the list in this update. Weird that there's obviously still plenty of issues to fix then.

I've experienced several of them. Mostly, I've experienced audio drop outs, music that gets stuck on a loop into other parts of the game, NPCs walking around naked in a t-pose with no animations and stuff like that.

You can't spend 7 years making a PC-only game that has a finite story ark you can complete in a week or a long weekend and expect to make a bundle, not in 2020/2021+. They're making games like this to make tons of cash, not do a service to the PC Gamer community who, once they get done playing through the story, will immediately begin complaining about DLC or "whats the next game, Cyberpunk 2077 has been out for months already..".

Also, you're still dealing with the spectre of "easier access to Pirated copies of software than you get in the walled-garden world of Consoles".
Development of the game didn't start until late 2016.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/arti...at-caused-the-video-game-s-disastrous-rollout

I have had some audio/dialog issues where Johnny will say something and the text remains on the screen until I restart the game. Other times the crowds in streets will have multiple copies of the same character walking around. One time I saw a crowd of about 8 or so standing in line and 4 of them were the same 'person.' Other than that no crashes or game breaking stuff yet and I'm 71 hours played according to Steam.

yeah you could be running an athlon x2 and get the same frame rates!!!! who needs a good processor these days!???

dang there's no emote for "donkey"

edit: i bet you watch a lot of gamers nexus, huh?
I honestly can't tell what any of this means. Apologies if a joke flew over my head. Usually I am like Drax and can grab them before they get by.

It seems my comment is interpreted as "CPU doesn't matter" when I'm actually intending to say "On my system, the GPU is overwhelmingly the bottleneck". Part of the reason that is true - I have a very fast CPU.

I assumed this was obvious, but sometimes I'm clear as mud.

I have had some audio/dialog issues where Johnny will say something and the text remains on the screen until I restart the game. Other times the crowds in streets will have multiple copies of the same character walking around. One time I saw a crowd of about 8 or so standing in line and 4 of them were the same 'person.' Other than that no crashes or game breaking stuff yet and I'm 71 hours played according to Steam.

Oh yeah. I constantly have a problem of a subtitle appearing on the screen and never going away until I enable and then disable subtitles again. That should fix that issue rather than you having to restart the game. I leave them disabled as a general rule. I too sometimes see multiple copies of the same person in a crowd. If there is one thing regarding the crowds I wish they'd fix, it's that. It's the one immersion breaking thing I've seen. Generally the crowds walk around and the conversations you hear are pretty varied. I also frequently have issues where a fixer will call me or even when Johnny talks to me, they'll appear and their mouths move but no dialogue can be heard. These are some of the most common bugs. The visual glitches are pretty bad though. I also see people die in impossible positions or get stuck in mid air. If I dump a body in a dumpster or container and I didn't loot them, there loot sits in a lunchbag made of Christmas wrapping paper in mid air. I don't loot a lot of the junk items sometimes as I have enough crafting mats, etc.

I'm seeing some nice performance gains on the new patch.

Before I was getting around 90 fps at best, usually in the 80's. Now I have seen up to 115 fps, or more normally in the 90 - 100 range.

Even in the city with lots of people and cars, I think the lowest it dropped to was around 60, which is a good deal better than before.

The point is that this is not how you develop games. You go after the largest market. So you start with console first because they have the biggest market share by far. What most have done is focus on the consoles first. Then release the upgraded version on PC later, or you just let the console version be the PC version. That way you don't have epic disasters like this. Why they thought they could do a top down approach is beyond me since no video game is developed this way anymore and any that have tried have had releases just like this.

Hubris...perhaps.

Truth be told, I’m not all that impressed with the results of their art work. This is my personal opinion. The game can look very good, but I personally don’t think it’s as amazing looking as a game that can drag a 3090 into single digit frame rates should be.

I'm seeing some nice performance gains on the new patch.

Before I was getting around 90 fps at best, usually in the 80's. Now I have seen up to 115 fps, or more normally in the 90 - 100 range.

Even in the city with lots of people and cars, I think the lowest it dropped to was around 60, which is a good deal better than before.
Arg. <frantically slapping F5 on NewEgg>

I get about 35 at native 1440p with the old girl. Dynamic CAS is actually good for me - it will try to hit 60, but a 45 with gsync is at least tolerable. 35 is not. I haven't seen any significant change, but also - super non-scientific experiment I'm running.

The biggest issue I have is that I realized I became a psychopath in my second play through. Oh, you can scan people and they are "wanted"... I can kill 20 people with impunity, get powerups and stuff to disassemble. I have leveled insanely fast compared to the first run, where I was basically a good guy. Always tried to not kill. Nonlethal everything, never was an agressor.

And here we are, now that I've learned the systems. I am troubled at what I've become. Could be cyberpsychosis...

I'm still holding out to play until I can re-map all of my controls. Need to re-map the Use key from F to E, quick-whatever from Q to F, and need to put the Inventory, Quests, Character-Specs, Weapon-Reloading, and a bunch of other stuff on my mouse buttons, which are all set to the wrong letters from the defaults...

Dammit, CDPR had it just perfect in Witcher 3, how the hell did they fuck it up so bad in their next game???

Here's hoping they get the controls completely unlocked by v1.2... I really shouldn't have to use AutoHotKeys to fix a AAA game of this magnitude. o_O

Edit - I just went into v1.1 to see if any of the control mapping issues were fixed, and nope, still a ton of "Binding Failed" popups happening here. Seriously, CDPR, "Binding Failed" means your latest patch has failed. Fix this shit already! I'm not playing until I can re-bind every single one of these controls!

Last edited:
Ended up getting a AMD 3600 for $199. NewEgg did have a 5600x for sale. But that was basically an extra $200. So I decided against it. I'm very happy with my purchase. Many games I couldn't do 4K in before I can now, and all I did was switch out the processor. So $200 well spent in my book.
I keep ping ponging whether to upgrade to a 5600x, but have decided to stick with my 3600 as well. To upgrade, I'd pay around $300 net, but to what end? All my gaming is 4k, and I'm only doing basic business/productivity work, so gains would be negligible. And in this game, it's definitely graphics where the bottleneck lies.

Last edited:
I keep ping ponging whether to upgrade to a 5600x, but have decided to stick with my 3600 as well. To upgrade, I'd pay around $300 net, but to what end? All my gaming is 4k, and I'm only doing basic business/productivity work, so gains would be negligible. And in this game, it's definitely graphics where the bottleneck lies.

At 4K, there was little difference between my 3950X and my 10900K.

Do not buy this game! I played for a few hours and that was all I could take.
The game itself is no good to play as a open world.
The story I found my self skipping dialogue and waiting for the "chapter to end".

This cannot be fixed. It is fundamentally at the core a bad game. Wish I had not bought it would have been more fun to throw the money in the street to see who would pick it up.
Cyberpunk is game that at its heart is a story about the characters. If you are skipping dialogue, you are doing it wrong. If you do not like stories, games, movies that are about characters, then Cyberpunk is not for you.

I haven't ran into any game breaking bugs. I've replayed significant sections over again so that I could do things differently. Took about a week to play through all of the endings, and a few I have done twice just for the romance choice (who you call) as well as the final choice of who keeps the body. The "Toss pills" ending I didn't know he was going to kill himself, it was the first ending I tried. The messages from everyone during credits after that hit me pretty hard.
The various paths to the endings lead to five main outcomes, but the messages from your friends can change. Still working on the secret ending (so maybe its 6 different endings), it wouldn't enable for me so had to go back to Chippin' in and pick 1 different choice there (thought the one I picked originally was the nicer choice but it isn't always clear how Johnny will react or respond).

Some of the more funny bugs I have found:
A destroyed car that you can get in and drive.
The occasional person standing with their arms out.. maybe they are exercising??
V's penis sticking thru the pants in the character window (this only lasted a second or 2 then corrected itself).
When taking a ride with someone (I recommend taking all of the rides you get offered), they run someone over or crash into a stopped car and push it off of the road, happened 2 times iirc.
The characters' eyes are sometimes missing in the sex cutscenes, or are showing as solid black, it's creepy. For the non game breaking bugs this one I hope gets fixed first.
Once in awhile when trying on different clothing that I have looted, the new piece or the piece I was wearing can disappear from inventory. The first time this happened it looked like I had lost my good piece, so I reloaded from a save. Had it happen again about a week later, but the lost piece was just a common pair of junk pants. Kept playing, and the next time I went to inventory - pants, they were back.

My gear is mostly all max level. This is easy to do if you know what to do. First, any iconic gear, do not craft the legendary version until you are level 50. You can craft up to the purple (Epic) at any time. When you craft the newer versions of anything (including epic/iconic), the created item will be at V's current level. So if you wait to 50 to make the Legendary, you get a near max level Legendary item. Once you get the result you want (I often save my game right before this craft, and reload until the result has the high crit chance/crit dmg/ headshot multiplier), then go to "Upgrade" and it will take 1 upgrade. The Upgrade shouldn't be underestimated, it increases the values on crit chance, crit damage, and headshot multiplier. So a level 50 Overture pistol with 5.2 headshot multiplier, +95% crit chance, +190% crit damage after upgrade went to 6 headshot multiplier, 100% crit chance, 200% crit damage. My v is level 18 in Engineering and does big damage. With overture, I see 45k to 160k damage per headshot. Which is lol because my preferred attack is shortcircuit. I can oneshot with that too, 12k or more per hit then it ticks. So 1 or 2 shortcircuits - dead, any robot or drone no matter how big, 1 shortcircuit = dead. The 160k (critical!) headshot is when they are laying there stunned from shortcircuit, so its getting that 50% bonus headshot dmg when out of combat. Still, pretty tough. This is why I shouldn't have any issues soloing the secret ending.
Favorite weapons: Divided we Stand from 6th street, its max level. For stealth: the Overture mentioned above with a silencer. BTW, those damages above, that is WITH the silencer on :) Even in combat (no 2.5x damage bonus) a headshot is a oneshot. Favorite Sword: Black Unicorn from the preorder bonus. For non-lethal: Cottonmouth. Skippy is also quite fun but can't be upgraded past Epic, at least I haven't yet found a crafting spec to be able to do so. I would have used Skippy more if I could have put a silencer on him.

Edit: Updates on the Overture damage. In combat - non-headshot, lowest I saw was 4k. From stealth gets I think a 50% bonus from a 'Cool' perk, plus 2.5x multiplier from steal or out of combat from the Silencer. With all of those bonuses, a sneaky headshot is always a oneshot. You can stay in stealth (crouched) and still get one of the bonuses even after the rest of the mob group is alerted (I think). Grabbing from behind and Stealth pistol headshots are fun and what you want to do for some missions. Always read the text from the Fixer for the job details, they will mention if it needs to be done quietly, and mention if no one should die. Melee blunt weapons are generally non-lethal, you need one of those for all of the cyberpsychos.

If the bugs have annoyed you, just wait 3 to 6 months, then give it a play. I think it might be the best game I have ever played.

Last edited:
I have to agree with the thought that this game is more about the story and the characters. There have been some really cool moments with your "copilot". The bugs don't bother me so much, certainly nothing game breaking. I also think it looks great turned up on my 2080Ti at 1440p@120Hz. I would really like to see it without DLSS at decent framerates. There are some artifacts that I *think* are DLSS-induced, but can't be arsed to play without it and watch it chug long enough to find out. ;) I think this is the first title where RTX actually feels worth it to me.

I wish EVGA would hurry up and process my wife's 2070S->3080FTW stepup.

Loving the game, warts and all. I think given CDPR's track record it will age well. Want to play through again with another character, but will probably wait a while and let it mature a bit once I'm done with this first run through.

Getting some nice FPS boost and game feels alot smoother with this patch.. Turned RTX back on and FPS hovers in the 50+ area now.. where it use to be low 40's.

Using 6600k + 2080.. Not gonna praise CDPR for fixing there own shit...But this how it shoulda been day one.. So at least the patch is here and good news all around.
so i decided to try turning windows gaming mode off because i saw it in as "optimization" video and i had never messed with it, but i actually get a better framerate with it on. I know it may have been kinda bugged or really didn't do much when it first came out but seems to work good now. Just throwing it out there for anyone running cyberpunk. may also have something to do w/ CP being a DX12 title?

if or when you "step up" i'd go w/ an 8 core for longevity's sake. New consoles are 8 core and a lot of benchmarks on newer games/cards show performance gains on 8 core machines and we are only in the infancy of this generation of games.

if or when you "step up" i'd go w/ an 8 core for longevity's sake. New consoles are 8 core and a lot of benchmarks on newer games/cards show performance gains on 8 core machines and we are only in the infancy of this generation of games.

Yeah, I'm ~incredibly~ happy with my 5800X.

All I can see happening with a 5900X or a 5950X is decreased single core speeds due to heat.
For a person like me who only occasionally needs more cores, I find that there's no serious benefit to having more than 8 cores in daily life.

Eight cores is enough cores to give you that smooth feeling, where your CPU is never tied up doing something, but it's few enough that I don't need to worry about any individual core going too slow due to heat.

Of course, I'd expect to be buying a 16 core part at this same price point in 2030. But for a machine that's being built today on just an enthusiast budget, but not a professional budget, then yeah, eight cores of the newest AMD technology is just perfect for me.

The only reason I wouldn't upgrade is if I already had a CPU from the last two or so years. I upgraded off an X58 Xeon machine, which had six cores and all, but it was DDR3 and just OLD.

But now that I'm back in modernity, I can't imagine upgrading for at least four years or so.

The important part is having parity with the game consoles.
If they're running eight core Zen 2 CPUs, then I'll always be ahead of the curve with a Zen 3 eight core.

I'll always have more RAM, a faster CPU, a significantly more powerful GPU (once I can get one), and simply more power.

Last edited:
Back