Cyberpunk 2077

I think having a working metro is cool, but it's cool for about 5 minutes. It's not like you're really going to use it "Oh my next mission is up in Watson, lemme get on the train for 10 minutes".

having a working subway system (5 lines, 19 stations) adds to the immersion of the city...

Last edited:
Interesting. So all of those empty sky rails will now be functional? Or at least some of them. It is interesting because one of the first trailers started in a sky tram/train. And you can see them all over the map, but never any moving and the rails themselves have inconsistent designs.

Interesting. So all of those empty sky rails will now be functional? Or at least some of them. It is interesting because one of the first trailers started in a sky tram/train. And you can see them all over the map, but never any moving and the rails themselves have inconsistent designs.
Looks like we’ll be able to ride on all of the rails. Anyone wondering why some of us even care about this - personally, I just like hanging out in this world. LOL

Also, full Dualsense support was added for the PC.

I think having a working metro is cool, but it's cool for about 5 minutes. It's not like you're really going to use it "Oh my next mission is up in Watson, lemme get on the train for 10 minutes".
Metro or fast travel? It's gonna be fast travel EVERY time

Yeah, don't get the point of metro when there is fast travel. Maybe to make it feel more immersive I guess? That being said driving inside and out of Night City is a joy since the 2.0 patch, I rarely fast travel anymore since.

Yeah, don't get the point of metro when there is fast travel. Maybe to make it feel more immersive I guess? That being said driving inside and out of Night City is a joy since the 2.0 patch, I rarely fast travel anymore since.
A lot of people asked for the metro primarily because it was featured in the trailers. It would also add to the immersion of Night City. I think this is being done to save face and ultimately deliver the game CDPR promised us years ago. Also, some modder did it by themselves in under a year though its not really all that polished. The excuses they used to not include it really failed to hold up after that. Frankly, it doesn't make sense to add it at this point from a resource perspective. Why not put that effort into additional gigs or improving the netrunning mini-game, or something along those lines? To me that would have been a better use of the time and effort used to create and finish the metro.

That is the reason. I don't mind it, and it would be nice to do it a few times. To make it better it would have needed some more content based around it. A few gigs when you and an NPC go on the metro and there is a conversation during the ride. Or maybe some other type of gig on the metro/metro station. Adding it in post game isn't ideal but I suppose you can ride it 2-3 times. Otherwise, fast travel or driving.

That is the reason. I don't mind it, and it would be nice to do it a few times. To make it better it would have needed some more content based around it. A few gigs when you and an NPC go on the metro and there is a conversation during the ride. Or maybe some other type of gig on the metro/metro station. Adding it in post game isn't ideal but I suppose you can ride it 2-3 times. Otherwise, fast travel or driving.
They have said that there is content, interactions and conversations when you ride the metro

They have said that there is content, interactions and conversations when you ride the metro

That is nice. But it certainly would have been better if it was baked into the game initially. Example, getting an initial tour of a new district, or having a campaign mission with dialogue where riding or using it was a part of it. Some small side gigs would be welcome. Was about to uninstall the game, but will have to checkout whatever else is new.

That is nice. But it certainly would have been better if it was baked into the game initially. Example, getting an initial tour of a new district, or having a campaign mission with dialogue where riding or using it was a part of it. Some small side gigs would be welcome. Was about to uninstall the game, but will have to checkout whatever else is new.
Well, everybody knows how botched the initial launch was but credit and kudos to them for making it better over time, so I don't have any problem with it being added now

When is the new patch coming out? I am seriously considering restarting the game now and seeing what’s up?

https://www.cyberpunk.net/en/news/49597/update-2-1-patch-notes

New features:

- V's issue with their NCART City Pass is resolved and they can now travel between the 19 metro stations located throughout Night City on 5 different lines via fast travel or riding the train itself while gazing out the window and watching the world go by.

- V will now be able to invite their love interest to spend some time together in any of the apartments. Hangouts are a repeatable, unlimited event that become available once the romance path with a given character has concluded.

- You can now listen to the radio while on foot (or while riding the NCART train) using the new Radioport feature. Available while you explore, it switches seamlessly to car radio whenever you get in a vehicle and turns off when quest-specific music starts playing. It is now also possible to adjust the volume directly in the radio window.

- Added replayable car races V can take part in after finishing The Beast in Me. Look for race flag icons on the map and win the races to get eddies and a discount for the Autofixer website. Additionally, we improved the racers' AI to make them more competitive and made enhancements so that the whole experience is much more fun!

- Sightseeing binoculars in various scenic spots have been added as another way to appreciate Night City's vistas.

https://www.cyberpunk.net/en/news/49597/update-2-1-patch-notes

New features:

- V's issue with their NCART City Pass is resolved and they can now travel between the 19 metro stations located throughout Night City on 5 different lines via fast travel or riding the train itself while gazing out the window and watching the world go by.

- V will now be able to invite their love interest to spend some time together in any of the apartments. Hangouts are a repeatable, unlimited event that become available once the romance path with a given character has concluded.

- You can now listen to the radio while on foot (or while riding the NCART train) using the new Radioport feature. Available while you explore, it switches seamlessly to car radio whenever you get in a vehicle and turns off when quest-specific music starts playing. It is now also possible to adjust the volume directly in the radio window.

- Added replayable car races V can take part in after finishing The Beast in Me. Look for race flag icons on the map and win the races to get eddies and a discount for the Autofixer website. Additionally, we improved the racers' AI to make them more competitive and made enhancements so that the whole experience is much more fun!

- Sightseeing binoculars in various scenic spots have been added as another way to appreciate Night City's vistas.
Says deployment time is around 12:00 CET, which is 06:00 EST KickAssCop .

even more PC eye candy!...plus Overdrive Mode has finally exited 'Preview' status

PC-specific
-Ray Tracing: Overdrive Mode - exits preview status and includes several image quality improvements
-Introduced ReSTIR GI – Further improves path-traced lighting quality in RT: Overdrive mode, especially darker areas with no impact on performance, minimizes ghosting
-DLSS Ray Reconstruction – now available in RT Ultra and other RT modes with RT Reflections enabled
-Fixed an issue where V's and NPCs' skin could have a metallic-like effect when Ray Tracing was enabled
-Fixed an issue where some characters' hair didn't cast shadows when Ray Tracing was enabled
-Added support for DualSense controllers. If you experience issues with the game freezing on Steam when the controller is connected after the game is already launched, please make sure to change PlayStation Controller Support in Steam settings to "Not Enabled" instead of "Enabled" or "Enabled in Games w/o Support"
-Added support for Samsung HDR10+ GAMING for NVIDIA GPUs. To enable this feature, your display has to support the technology and have the "Game Mode" enabled. The HDR10+ GAMING toggle can be found in Settings in the Video tab

Vehicles & Traffic
-Opened the previously closed-off highway that spans Westbrook, Santo Domingo and Heywood

That's..., kinda creepy. I guess it fits with places like Jig Jig and the various other interactions in the game.

That's..., kinda creepy. I guess it fits with places like Jig Jig and the various other interactions in the game.
So, what you're saying is, hanging out with people you've had sex with is creepy, but ok when done in a red light district? I think this says more about you, than the game.

Also, CDPR just ripped the mods that have been available for some time now:

https://www.nexusmods.com/cyberpunk2077/mods/4508
https://www.nexusmods.com/cyberpunk2077/mods/4870
https://www.nexusmods.com/cyberpunk2077/mods/4626

-Added support for Samsung HDR10+ GAMING for NVIDIA GPUs. To enable this feature, your display has to support the technology and have the "Game Mode" enabled. The HDR10+ GAMING toggle can be found in Settings in the Video tab

Hey, that's pretty sweet! I'm gaming on a Samsung TV so keen to check that out.

A small but much welcomed feature is marking weapon and vehicle favorites!

Very keen to check out the "Smoother and more responsive player movement" tweaks too. Even the sound related updates sound great.

Hey, that's pretty sweet! I'm gaming on a Samsung TV so keen to check that out...

I wish Dolby Vision would get more support in gaming...it's the superior version of HDR...I think Mass Effect Andromeda was the first game to support Dolby Vision back in the day and they made a big deal out of it...but DV requires paying a hefty licensing fee which is why HDR10 and HDR10+ (to a lesser degree) have more broad support in terms of theatrical HDR support through physical 4K discs and streaming

Last edited:
So, what you're saying is, hanging out with people you've had sex with is creepy, but ok when done in a red light district? I think this says more about you, than the game.
Nice try, not even close to what I said. I'm saying they are just expanding on some needless additions to the game. Jig, all the sex and other innuendo is just a desperate attempt for them to compete with GTA or gain attention.

Let me save you all a little trouble. The game turns off DLSS when you patch. Its now hidden under the "resolution scaling" setting. In addition they fucked with your key bindings. You MUST fix your keybindings or none of your graphics changes will take effect and you lose 75% of your performance. If you have a keyboard conflict and you say I dont give a shit if photo mode has no key you get a popup when exiting confirming they wont save anything.

The metro is a joke. You Starfield loadscreen in.You can't move around the car. Two options look out the door or look out the window. The passengers never shift positions never move,better yet nobody EVER gets on or off the train.The fucking doors don't even open or close to have the illusion of reality. Press to get get off at the next stop cuts to loadscreen. Ride the to the end of the line? Passengers don't react, cut to loadscreen. Johnny rode with me once in silence. Maybe more stuff is hidden but WTF. Valve did a better tram car in 98.

The metro is a joke. You Starfield loadscreen in.You can't move around the car. Two options look out the door or look out the window. The passengers never shift positions never move,better yet nobody EVER gets on or off the train.The fucking doors don't even open or close to have the illusion of reality. Press to get get off at the next stop cuts to loadscreen. Ride the to the end of the line? Passengers don't react, cut to loadscreen. Johnny rode with me once in silence. Maybe more stuff is hidden but WTF. Valve did a better tram car in 98.
That’s disappointing.

Fuck the mod someone made did it better than that.

Disappointing. Also interesting because there are seldom load screens in Cyberpunk. I assumed this would essentially be a way to immerse yourself in the world but seems like it is a more clunky thing that won't help with that.

There's a certain fear creeping in that we may be witnessing the legacy of Starfield loading screen simulator spoiling the devs of other games to take the easy way out...

Or, (Devil's advocate) Most of the locations are entrances that would need entire building interiors created rigged to get you seamlessly to the tram instead of a loading screen. I mean, it would be cool to seamlessly walk from the street entrance to the tram, but that would take a pretty large amount of effort for something that will end up getting used a few times max by most prople.

Just had to make sure I was not tripping with my results on the latest Cyberpunk 2.1 patch.

Tested fresh install of Cyberpunk patches
1.63-CP only
Min-62.40
Avg-75.80
Max-94.38

2.0-CP+PL
Min-72.30
Avg-84.67
Max-98.83

2.1-CP+PL
Min-35.82
Avg-76.91
Max-98.21

14600K P-Cores 5800Mhz E-Cores 4400Mhz
DDR5 CL32 7400Mt
RTX 4090 3000Mhz-Fresh clean install Driver 546.31 Hotfix
Patch 1.63.pngPatch 2.0.pngPatch 2.1.png

I just purchased Phantom Liberty, on sale for $25 on Steam.

Haven't played CB since before the 2.0 patch this Summer.

Hopefully my rig can handle the game at 3440X1440 res, maxed out?

RTX-4080
32GB DDR-5
M.2 solid drive

Or, (Devil's advocate) Most of the locations are entrances that would need entire building interiors created rigged to get you seamlessly to the tram instead of a loading screen. I mean, it would be cool to seamlessly walk from the street entrance to the tram, but that would take a pretty large amount of effort for something that will end up getting used a few times max by most prople.
You're probably onto something here with this, but they are doing disservice to themselves by half assing this just to say "we did it". 2.0+PL was an absolute masterpiece of a comeback for this game, and then they decided to poop all over it with this. I'm with Dan_D on this one, this brings nothing to the game, and the resources could've been spent elsewhere, especially since this is just a gimmick that nobody will use more than once.

I just purchased Phantom Liberty, on sale for $25 on Steam.

Haven't played CB since before the 2.0 patch this Summer.

Hopefully my rig can handle the game at 3440X1440 res, maxed out?

RTX-4080
32GB DDR-5
M.2 solid drive
Yes. But that's also dependent on what frame rate is acceptable to you. I assume you'll be sitting around 30-40fps with path tracing on. You'll be able to get a huge speed boost though by simply using DLSS, if you can "stand" to do so. Obviously do your own testing.

Back