Cyberpunk 2077

I know, its just the ultra preset no RT. But how in the world is that guy getting almost 120fps (this is from a steam post claiming this is the expected performance of the 7900XTX)? I saw it and did a triple take and then went and set mine to the same thing, this is what I get after a DDU'd and reinstalled the latest driver:

View attachment 601196

For comparison, here is HUB's 2.0 update graphics bench:

View attachment 601197
Do you have resizeable BAR turned on?

I loaded up the old version of the game. I had 61 Perks spent previously.

With the update, I seem to have around 43 to spend. Is that supposed to be right?

holy crapola, they greatly improved image quality w/ dlss ultra performance + path tracing and it's actually playable on my plebian 3080 ti now. it's obviously a very soft image but holy fuck does the game get completely transformed with path tracing turned on. i almost want to start my playthrough over...
Niiiice. I'll have to try it on my 3080 soon and see what happens...

Perhaps, it's not autosave. Because I've never experienced traversal/loading sttutter while being autosaved in this game.

It is 100% autosave stutter. You can check this in every video on youtube where a frametime graph is being used.

I never noticed the blue autosave icon at the top when it happens, so I thought it might be stuttering due to loading new areas, but it's not.

Call yourself lucky, you are obviously not sensitive to stuttering.

Edit3: Autosave can be disabled this way: https://forums.cdprojektred.com/ind...in-patch-notes-for-2-0.11120626/post-13661287

Last edited:
It is 100% autosave stutter. You can check this in every video on youtube where a frametime graph is being used.

I never noticed the blue autosave icon at the top when it happens, so I thought it might be stuttering due to loading new areas, but it's not.

Call yourself lucky, you are obviously not sensitive to stuttering.

Edit: There are mods for disabling autosave, I gotta try that.

Edit2: Hmm, it seems these mods are not compatible anymore.
I disagree.
I always play games with RTSS frametime and framerate graphs on. No stutter while autosaving.

There are tons of stutter free videos on YouTube.

Show me one pls.

Edit: aaand he is gone.

Screenshot 2023-10-06 115026.png

Last edited:
Reactions: Hulk
like this
Does anyone know of a good mod for HUD?
I find this game's HUD is too cluttered. Is there a mod to dynamically show/hide HUD?
Also, stand/crouch icon on the bottom right screen looks quite bad, I think. There's not even an option to remove it.

Anyone else getting lots of random pop in of stuff even at close ranges? Never had that problem before 2.0.

Anyone else getting lots of random pop in of stuff even at close ranges? Never had that problem before 2.0.
It's the path tracing and/or ray reconstruction. At least from what i've seen.

IMO - I think the game looks better with raytracing set to psycho and disabling path tracing.

Yes, I realize that path tracing technically 'looks' better depending on where you take screenshots, but the general blur it adds along with the weird artificing it randomly produces while it motion means it looks worse while you're actually playing the game.

It is a shame though, the ray reconstruction is enough of a performance boost for me that it makes path tracing viable from a FPS perpsective.

It's the path tracing and/or ray reconstruction. At least from what i've seen.

IMO - I think the game looks better with raytracing set to psycho and disabling path tracing.

Yes, I realize that path tracing technically 'looks' better depending on where you take screenshots, but the general blur it adds along with the weird artificing it randomly produces while it motion means it looks worse while you're actually playing the game.

It is a shame though, the ray reconstruction is enough of a performance boost for me that it makes path tracing viable from a FPS perpsective.

yea the muddy look iss bothering me, I may need to try going back to the psycho thing or at least leave path tracing on and turn off DLSS

The artifacting is there when you set DLSS to Quality. Sometimes I need to disable and reenable it for dots to go away.
As for muddy look, I don't see it but then my motion blur is off.

So I felt like comparing 3 generations of Ryzen with the in-game benchmark and its kind of interesting (I think technically 1st gen just barely meets minimum spec). Also note, the "custom" on the 7950X3D is just motion blur off, I forgot I hadn't reset it to the preset when I did this.

compare.jpg

Niiiice. I'll have to try it on my 3080 soon and see what happens...
The performance is drastically improved to when they first implemented pathtracing. I have a 3090 Ti, and was getting 30 FPS or less with everything cranked at 4k and DLSS @ Ultra Performance. Now I have DLSS @ Performance, and just got 37 FPS average on the benchmark. Mind you 37 FPS isn't great, but it felt perfectly playable and the graphics are the best I've seen.

I remember how ugly DLSS was when first introduced...I expect ray reconstruction to improve over time.

I remember how ugly DLSS was when first introduced...I expect ray reconstruction to improve over time.
Ray reconstruction isn't really the problem. The problem is generally the path tracing. There are just many instances where I think it just looks worse. Yes, it can generally look better, but it introduces this weird general blur/muddy look on a lot of stuff that doesn't look good. To some extent it reminds me a bit of the ray tracing in Control and the weird muddy shadows.

I will generally say the performance improvements to ray tracing (Or maybe it's just DLSS improvements period) are nice. The same settings the game seems to be running better.

I've been mainly avoiding this thread in case I accidentally see a spoiler, I think I'm almost done with the main story, I've put in about 12 hours so but I like to take things nice and slow these days. I'm currently finishing up the Mr.Hands gigs.

I have to say, you get a lot of content for a $30 DLC so pleasantly surprised.

Ray reconstruction isn't really the problem. The problem is generally the path tracing. There are just many instances where I think it just looks worse. Yes, it can generally look better, but it introduces this weird general blur/muddy look on a lot of stuff that doesn't look good. To some extent it reminds me a bit of the ray tracing in Control and the weird muddy shadows.

I will generally say the performance improvements to ray tracing (Or maybe it's just DLSS improvements period) are nice. The same settings the game seems to be running better.
I really think the problem is that some of the lighting is pathed, and some i sold school baked in. is the corners where you find all per light path traced it's amazing, but where it's mixed it's not good...

Got 20-25 hours out of the DLC. Not sure how I feel about the new ending, but overall I definitely enjoyed the ride.

This game is absolutely full of references to everything...

NO LIFE 3 - REVIEW

After fifty long years, the wait is finally over! The third and final installment of the No Life series will be available for purchase TOMORROW! As has been reported already, gamers should not expect any major shakeups in regard to the protagonist. We still play as strong-silent-type scientist Baron Freimensch. We follow Baron as he ventures to the Arctic Circle to... Well, why spoil it when you'll have your hands on it in less than 24 hours! The gist: with Alice at Baron's side and trusty crowbar in hand, those nasty aliens are in for a rude awakening.

no_life_3.jpg

Man, I wish they would fix the HDR in this game. Getting better results turning HDR off and letting Windows AutoHDR handle it and correcting the gamma in the game.

Man, I wish they would fix the HDR in this game. Getting better results turning HDR off and letting Windows AutoHDR handle it and correcting the gamma in the game.

Every time you wish to record with Intel 4887 driver, it says it can't record in HDR mode that my display is running in, my display has no HDR mode other than steaming Netflix as it's 4k Roku TV.

I'm digging it. I did not play it before 2.0. I just used it for benchmarks. I bought PL and accidentally started the DLC while playing the main game. I got it maxed at 4k and with path tracing and DLSS 3.5 yadda yadda on my 4090. It's pretty fun so far and sooooo pretty anyway I like to pretend the DLSS artifacting is just acid flashbacks.

photomode_14102023_214256.png

The DLSS isn't the issue. It's the path tracing. If you turn path tracing off w/ DLSS set to quality it's quite sharp. The path tracing adds this weird muddle/blur.

I was surprised how much minor jank still exists in 2.0. Every story you read is how it's a completely unbelievable miraculous new game. Nothing game breaking mind you, just the little things like people talking on missing cell phones or leaning on a car two feet from them. Guess I expected a bit more polish after 3 years and 125 million dollars.

I was surprised how much minor jank still exists in 2.0. Every story you read is how it's a completely unbelievable miraculous new game. Nothing game breaking mind you, just the little things like people talking on missing cell phones or leaning on a car two feet from them. Guess I expected a bit more polish after 3 years and 125 million dollars.

Yeah, notice the quirks and experience the random crash too. I think the bugs are there to remain and hopefully the sequel will be more improved.

That being said I really enjoy the new update. Especially the driving as cars aren't floaty anymore so I actually enjoy driving around taking in the sites instead of fast travel like I did before the update.

Yeah, there's a side mission I can't complete because it's bugged too, it's the one with Bill and called New Person,Same Old Mistake.

I don't want to give away spoilers fuck that mission that's late in the main story line with the robot that hunts you while you play hide n' seek with it while you reprogram the network. It sort of felt like Alien:Isolation a bit.

I restarted the game to play through again. Its certainly better than pre patch but some issues still remain. Primary example I had was the boss fight with Oda after the parade sniper sequence - he got stuck in the floor at start of fight and I just stood above him taking headshots. I reloaded a save to actually fight the dude and since I was playing on hard died a few times. Reloaded again and he got stuck once more although in a different spot, I just killed him and moved on.

I restarted the game to play through again. Its certainly better than pre patch but some issues still remain. Primary example I had was the boss fight with Oda after the parade sniper sequence - he got stuck in the floor at start of fight and I just stood above him taking headshots. I reloaded a save to actually fight the dude and since I was playing on hard died a few times. Reloaded again and he got stuck once more although in a different spot, I just killed him and moved on.
It's a big game and I've encountered a handful of issues since the 2.0 update and Phantom Liberty expansion release. That being said, they are minor graphics glitches and things of that sort. No quests are broken or anything like that.

It's a big game and I've encountered a handful of issues since the 2.0 update and Phantom Liberty expansion release. That being said, they are minor graphics glitches and things of that sort. No quests are broken or anything like that.
I’m maybe 50% through my 2nd play through and yeah, mostly minor borderline comical NPC weirdness. No broken quests (I don’t have expansion). That “boss” battle where it got stuck was the worst by far. Getting used to all the changes like cooldown of health/nades and skills was the biggest drain.

Back