Cyberpunk 2077

Hearing all tje changes i almost wish they had an option to play the old way.

I hate when games do this. I want to continue where i left off and not have to rebuild a character because you felt the games systems were bad.

Maybe someone will make a mod to put it back

I hate when games do this. I want to continue where i left off and not have to rebuild a character because you felt the games systems were bad.

Yeah, I'm actually very annoyed that I can't go back before the "Goodnight and Good Luck" update for Dying Light 2.

Alright, can someone tell me what kind of fuckery you need to perform to get these kind of results? This is like 30fps higher than a 4090 at 4k ultra, and my 7900XTX only manages 77fps average at 4K Ultra preset with a faster CPU (which is actually faster than most reviewers show the card being with this update).

wtfover.png

I agree. Maybe the overall gameplay is a bit better now though. Some of the changes actually sound annoying when it comes to character configuring. I essentially had my character the way I liked it, although I acknowledge the original upgrade system was not that great. It relied too much on incremental stat increases rather than new abilities.

I haven't tried the update yet, but I used to g et 85 or so frame rates with ray tracing and DLSS. Without using path tracing it will be interesting to see how it runs now.

Ray tracing is disabled.

I know, its just the ultra preset no RT. But how in the world is that guy getting almost 120fps (this is from a steam post claiming this is the expected performance of the 7900XTX)? I saw it and did a triple take and then went and set mine to the same thing, this is what I get after a DDU'd and reinstalled the latest driver:

20230925151104_1.jpg

For comparison, here is HUB's 2.0 update graphics bench:

hubcp2077.png

I know, its just the ultra preset no RT. But how in the world is that guy getting almost 120fps (this is from a steam post claiming this is the expected performance of the 7900XTX)? I saw it and did a triple take and then went and set mine to the same thing, this is what I get after a DDU'd and reinstalled the latest driver:

View attachment 601196

For comparison, here is HUB's 2.0 update graphics bench:

View attachment 601197
Did HUB test FSR? Because the screenshot also shows FSR Quality.

Did HUB test FSR? Because the screenshot also shows FSR Quality.

He responded on steam and said he is running heavily modded drivers, which I would say is probably nonsense because if you could get 50% more performance out of a card with drivers AMD would have done it already. I would assume the image quality is terrible or its missing a ton of effects.

Last edited:
He responded on steam and said he is running heavily modded drivers, which I would say is probably nonsense because if you could get 50% more performance out of a card with drivers AMD would have done it already. I would assume the image quality is terrible or its missing a ton of effects.
🧐

Well that is incredibly suspect and they sound full of shit

Started a fresh game and it feels, looks and play what it should have been originally.

Agreed, really enjoying the new update and playing through it again with a Body/Tech build.

I do agree with other posters that I would be annoyed if I was halfway through my first playhtrough and they changed the game systems as much as they did.

Still game flows and feels so much better now, and I'm actually really digging playing it on ps5 performance mode. The haptic triggers feel great with this game.

I do agree with other posters that I would be annoyed if I was halfway through my first playhtrough and they changed the game systems as much as they did.
Counterpoint,

1. They don't have to take the update.
2. The game has been out - and finishable - for almost three years.

CDPR could've waited a decade to put out 2.0 and guaranteed there would've still been the "but I was in my first playthrough" stragglers. Gotta move and make progress at some point.

Last edited:
Is anyone else noticing a ton of NPCs stuck int he ground up to their head like little people-flowers? Because I've got a LOT of them. Whole groups of gang members, and they don't even react when you walk up to them. I've been abusing it to level up my cold blooded or whatever one it is when you choke them out but don't kill them, its like farming simulator.

Is anyone else noticing a ton of NPCs stuck int he ground up to their head like little people-flowers? Because I've got a LOT of them. Whole groups of gang members, and they don't even react when you walk up to them. I've been abusing it to level up my cold blooded or whatever one it is when you choke them out but don't kill them, its like farming simulator.
Haha we need pics friend!

1. They don't have to take the update.
2. The game has been out - and finishable - for almost three years.

CDPR could've waited a decade to put out 2.0 and guaranteed there would've still been the "but I was in my first playthough" stragglers. Some people just like to complain about shit they clearly weren't that interested in to begin with.

I had this beautiful novel-sized rebuttal written out, then I just became aware you can rollback to 1.6 (at least on steam using the beta build feature).

So if a straggler didn't want to learn a new system midway through they could revert.

Pathtracing with Ray Reconstruction looks good except for the obvious ghosting issues with some NPCs. I'm expecting that to get fixed as the DLSS 3.5 model gets refined with training.

I have DLSS sharpening set to 0 as suggested by someone on reddit which seems to reduce the posterization artifacting.

Overall it really looks like next-gen graphics especially the lighting, AO and shadows, but the somewhat janky and scripted the NPCs movement and behaviors are a bit immersion breaking. Hopefully that's something AI/DL/ML can improve on with not just this game, but with open world games in general.

Cyberpunk 2077 Screenshot 2023.09.26 - 16.04.48.06.png

Started the expansion. Killed everyone at border patrol. The new gunplay is dope af. Love it!

Reactions: DPI
like this
Started the expansion. Killed everyone at border patrol. The new gunplay is dope af. Love it!
Yup I am using the double barrel shotgun as my main weapon of choice, have boosted legs so can double jump, have the dash enhancement, have aim dash to slow down time. I am essentially playing the expansion like I would Quake 3/Doom Eternal this way and it's absolutely amazing at the sheer speed you can pile through an army of chooms:D

h and that starting market area was breathtaking to walk through, so dense with atmosphere.

5lwQJUO.jpg

FxsOeag.jpg

GHfnztf.jpg

I465Keq.jpg

VNDYsW2.jpg

I bought it on GoG so the option is always there since I keep the installer and patches around for a long time. Though I won't be able to play Phantom Liberty if I revert back to pre 2.0. Not really a problem since I haven't finished the the initial game lol. FYI if you are on GoG, at least for now, you can still revert back to pre 2.0, just go to manage game in Galaxy and select the pre 2.0 and uncheck the DLC then set the game to not auto update.

The worst part about steam is they removed the whole you can turn off auto update and still play your un-updated game offline feature it use to have. Now your only choice is to update next time you try to play. Worse is I once set a game to not update, went offline but it still refused to let me play it because it knew there was an update for the game from the last time I was online.

Holy crap… I just walked past one of those elevated train tracks with the glowing lights covering the tracks, and even though I was way across the street, the sidewalk and the walls of the buildings were constantly changing colour because of the path traced lighting. I’ve never witnessed anything like that in a game. This thing is… futuristic.

Holy crap… I just walked past one of those elevated train tracks with the glowing lights covering the tracks, and even though I was way across the street, the sidewalk and the walls of the buildings were constantly changing colour because of the path traced lighting. I’ve never witnessed anything like that in a game. This thing is… futuristic.
Happy accidents happen like this with RT. Where as with raster it takes the lighting artists to really dial in something like that. Imho, seeing stuff like this shows the little elements to Cyberpunk's out doors areas that are just a little unrefined, missed or removed to improve performance.

Pathtracing with Ray Reconstruction looks good except for the obvious ghosting issues with some NPCs. I'm expecting that to get fixed as the DLSS 3.5 model gets refined with training.

I have DLSS sharpening set to 0 as suggested by someone on reddit which seems to reduce the posterization artifacting.

Overall it really looks like next-gen graphics especially the lighting, AO and shadows, but the somewhat janky and scripted the NPCs movement and behaviors are a bit immersion breaking. Hopefully that's something AI/DL/ML can improve on with not just this game, but with open world games in general.

View attachment 601309
I don't understand how a 13700K is generating 118 fps whereas, I can do max about 84 fps. Which setting is different. Very hard to spot from this image? Can you share your overall settings?
There is a bug (or used to be the case) where certain path tracing options don't get enabled if you swap out presets.

I don't understand how a 13700K is generating 118 fps whereas, I can do max about 84 fps. Which setting is different. Very hard to spot from this image? Can you share your overall settings?
There is a bug (or used to be the case) where certain path tracing options don't get enabled if you swap out presets.
I have a 12700KF and get the same, this is mostly a GPU bound thing with these resolution and up. My settings can be seen at the end of the video I posted.

For ref my SSR is set to Psycho, it's a minimal visual difference but a big fps drop using it, but having a 4090 means it's fine. it's clear that the CPU recommendations in the sysreqs for the game are largely pointless once you have a certain class of GPU and the CPU itself is of solid repute, anything 12th gen or above will more or less performance equally as shown in my benchmark vs the one above with a 13th gen.

Benchmark:

Attachments

• Cyberpunk2077_2023_09_26_19_48_08_149.jpg
    Cyberpunk2077_2023_09_26_19_48_08_149.jpg
    106.9 KB · Views: 0
Haven't seen that one, but there are still some bugs:

On the highway, cars just hit the brakes and come to a complete stop.. when you are on foot cars often do this and in those situations it makes sense, but not when I am driving a vehicle.
Items can still float, like a cup, a bit of trash, sometimes hovering off of the ground.
Cars can spawn in on top of each other. Seen 2 cars inside each other, at first I thought it was some new vehicle.. lol. Sometimes this makes one explode, and sometimes the exploded car keeps on driving.

Graphics look even better. Select that Raytracing Ultra preset, the one that triggers a popup saying Pathtracing (or was it Ray Reconstruction) is enabled. Then change DLSS from Auto to quality.
Once you select a preset, certain settings can be changed and PT/RR stays on, but other setting toggle it off. The DLAA I think is one that if you adjust it after selecting your preset, it pops it out of the preset and PT and/or RR gets disabled. The Menu needs a bit of tweaking. Ray Reconstruction is still early days so not available with all of the other graphics options just yet.

I might be some kind of idiot but how do you unlock the higher tiers of the skill tree? There is no explanation that I can see anywhere in the menu itself.

I might be some kind of idiot but how do you unlock the higher tiers of the skill tree? There is no explanation that I can see anywhere in the menu itself.
The blue icon on the left where you can raise the level as you collect points throughout the play.

The blue icon on the left where you can raise the level as you collect points throughout the play.

Be nice if it said thats what it meant lol

I think I just came across a rather annoying bug, I had a pistol with a sight and silencer on it which I swapped for another pistol. Now the sight and silencer are just flat out gone, not in the inventory and not attached to the gun it was on either.

does that path RT require dlss 3 to be on?

i want the best settings without garbage dlss stuff. I want native not gimmicks

Not that I know of, I think you can just switch it on. Its likely that the fps will be really bad with no DLSS though.

Also, this dude had a bad day.

20230926145318_1.jpg

Last edited:

U still using a 3080 as per your sig?
Pathtracing at native rez ain't happening, chief... Maybe if you've upgraded to a 4090 and don't mind 50fps avg at 1440...

Attachments

• 1440p.png
    1440p.png
    65.9 KB · Views: 2
I have a 12700KF and get the same, this is mostly a GPU bound thing with these resolution and up. My settings can be seen at the end of the video I posted.

For ref my SSR is set to Psycho, it's a minimal visual difference but a big fps drop using it, but having a 4090 means it's fine. it's clear that the CPU recommendations in the sysreqs for the game are largely pointless once you have a certain class of GPU and the CPU itself is of solid repute, anything 12th gen or above will more or less performance equally as shown in my benchmark vs the one above with a 13th gen.

Benchmark:
It's my understanding that if path tracing is enabled, SSR is not used at all. Hence, the setting does nothing. (I think CDPR should grey it out).

Back