Cyberpunk 2077

DLSS 3.5?

So I installed the fresh new nVidia drivers yesterday for my RTX 4080

Installed a fresh version of the game on my computer. In video settings have everything set to ultra in the game looks and plays smooth.

But is there a specific setting either in the nV control panel for DLSS 3.5? Or is there a specific in game setting I need to do to enable that or is it already working by default?

I launched the game yesterday, probably been over a year since I played it.

Did the preset for Path Tracing, wow it looks good! Different than I remembered. I was walking around and one part seemed like I never been there before, it was so different. I did get an HDR display about 7 months ago, that might be part of it. But it looks reallly good.

There are still some bugs. Saw a burned out car driving around (lol), a cup floating. Your own character doesn't get rendered in the environment in the same way as everything else... I looked down at my legs, but the lighting from something nearby didn't show up on them. Not like I look down all the time, pretty minor. And they don't render V realtime in mirrors either, some limit of the game engine. Also the footstep sound is off, I was walking on pavement but it sounded like I was walking on a wood floor.

The stats and mods for clothing is all but gone, save for a few pieces. If you had older items in inventory that had a built in stat like +15% quickhack speed on glasses, some of those stayed or got changed/updated. There is some +armor on a police vest thing, I found +10, +20, and +25 armor vests in my stash. Since we can use wardrobe for appearance, I put on the quickhack bd wreath and the +25 armor vest. Also found a helmet with +10% melee resistance. Legs, feet got nothing. Vest fits jacket slot (I think) and netrunner suit fits the shirt slot. I also had a netrunner suit with I believe -10% incoming quickhack damage. But that was it.

So be on the lookout for these clothing slots for items with a bonus:
Eyes - quichkack speed
Helmet - melee damage reduction
Jacket(vest) - plus Armor
Shirt (netrunner suit) - quickhack dmg resist

If anyone finds a bonus on legs or shoes post it.

Most cyberware mods were unequipped. I think it was all of the ones that were changed. So had to go to Viktor to re-equip some pieces, buy some pieces, and did the Upgrade to most of them. A few pieces the upgrade was actually less Armor or some other stat on it, so watch those carefully.

My char is a maxed out level 50, I thought the level cap was bumped to 70? I think I need to start the Phantom Liberty DLC but haven't figured out how yet.

Some inventory items that you had to craft/upgrade still show "After 5 upgrades item will be Epic, after 12 upgrades item will be Legendary. Current upgrade count: 0" That's on a jacket. But there's no way to upgrade it, in my crafting-Upgrades tab, only weapons are showing up. Maybe I need to level up past 50 first...
The Black Unicorn katana was bugged during one of the previous updates, when they changed the item to the "Upgrade 5 times to become Legendary" etc type of tier upgrade method instead of the Craft the item method, if you were already at level 50 and the item was already at level 50 (Legendary), it got reverted to a Blue, but I think still had the Legendary stats and item level. But it only had 2 mod slots instead of 4 that Legendary should have, and you could only equip Blue mods as well. So the mods got broken. Now the item has changed again, and it allows me to upgrade it, but the start and end values are identical. It's back to being a Legendary.., but I upgraded it like 10 or so times anyway (should've counted) but nothing on the item changed. All of the legendary items have no mod slots...
If I start a new game that problem would go away, but I use Cottonmouth or the dildo if fighting with a melee item so no big deal on the katana.

It looks like it's had a complete overhaul of how items and combat work, no more quickhack nukes to wipe out a room. The "System Shutdown" whatever it's new name is, uses 24 some odd ram slots (I have 26), so once you use that your payload is spent for quickhacks.. short circuit is better, much cheaper. It does less damage than before but was still very good, I think it took off like 90% of their health.

It's going to be fun to play this again, I only have some Kerry sidequests to do on this maxed character, so I will do those then at come point start a new game. I haven't done a Corpo yet so I will try that.

Last edited:
DLSS 3.5?... is there a specific in game setting I need to do to enable that or is it already working by default?
Yeah, you have to go to the in-game video option, and select the Ultra or Psycho preset. Forget it's name, but you have to use a specific preset to get the Pathtracing to come on, and the Ray Reconstruction for now is only enabled when the game is pathtraced.

Yeah, you have to go to the in-game video option, and select the Ultra or Psycho preset. Forget it's name, but you have to use a specific preset to get the Pathtracing to come on, and the Ray Reconstruction for now is only enabled when the game is pathtraced.

Thanks. Can anyone answer this please?

Is it the ultra or the psycho or overdrive setting I need to enable in-game?

Right now I have it set to custom and all the sliders below it ultra or highest

I think I need to change it off custom to one of those other three.

Alright cops are downright broken. I literally bumped this little barricade at a crawl to see if I could drive through it and they opened fire on me. I just alt+f4 and closed the game, I'll go back to playing starfield for now lol

Also, I liked the new car sounds but I'm not very impressed with the straight piped VQ35 sounds this thing makes now. I feel like they recorded some interns clapped out 350Z to get the audio for it.

20230922191041_1.jpg

Loaded up the game to check out the new update, and I can't do the "Upgrade U" quest. It doesn't appear on the map, and it won't let me track it through the journal. Awesome. I played the game at launch and had less game breaking bugs than this.

Thanks. Can anyone answer this please?

Is it the ultra or the psycho or overdrive setting I need to enable in-game?

Right now I have it set to custom and all the sliders below it ultra or highest

I think I need to change it off custom to one of those other three.
You can only enable DLSS 3.5 ray reconstruction if path tracing is enabled. Scroll to the absolute bottom of the graphics menu and enable path tracing. Preset doesn't matter. Mine is on custom and I have ray reconstruction enabled.

4k might be a stretch. But you can tap around the 50's @ 1440p with FSR 2 @ Quality. But you have to mod the PathTracing to 1xRay, 1xBounce and RIS to pull it off.

This mod lets you do that.
https://www.nexusmods.com/cyberpunk2077/mods/8059

and you can improve FSR2's quality considerably by using this mod...
https://www.nexusmods.com/cyberpunk2077/mods/7445
Also it's instructions can be followed to enable a form of FSR 2 Native AA... which is also handy if you just want an Anti-Alasing alternative.
I am usually fine with 30-60fps in games so maybe I will be happy with those rates at 4k

Anyone finding Path Tracing causing people to look blurry and smearing? Even if its someone just sitting still the skin smudges and shifts as if keeps recalculating and never quite locks in.
Standard RT
RT.png

Path Traced
PT.png

Ray Reconstructed

PT RR.png

Anyone finding Path Tracing causing people to look blurry and smearing? Even if its someone just sitting still the skin smudges and shifts as if keeps recalculating and never quite locks in.
Standard RT
View attachment 600649
Path Traced
View attachment 600650
Ray Reconstructed

View attachment 600651
Known issue. DigitalFoundry's coverage noted this can occur in some situations. Can also happen to other objects.

View: https://youtu.be/hhAtN_rRuQo?si=lipEETTFmeHIatkD&t=1217
(notes the issue at around the 23min 17sec mark)

Alright cops are downright broken. I literally bumped this little barricade at a crawl to see if I could drive through it and they opened fire on me. I just alt+f4 and closed the game, I'll go back to playing starfield for now lol

Also, I liked the new car sounds but I'm not very impressed with the straight piped VQ35 sounds this thing makes now. I feel like they recorded some interns clapped out 350Z to get the audio for it.

View attachment 600599

They're so easy to get away from until you have multiple stars.

I'm willing to forgive them being a little hokey because they're SO much better than before. MaxTAC are merciless and will kick your shit in once you get 5 stars.

I tried to take refuge in a tunnel and all of a sudden I hear poof poof poOF POOF and it's one of them dashing down the hallway at mach 5. They're awesome.

So with new DLSS and frame gen game actually runs better than before. I used to get 71 fps in bench but now I got almost 80 without even overclocking my 4090.
A nub question though, it seems my carrying capacity has gone to shit. How do I get it back up. I forgot which talents got me carrying capacity and I can't find it in the big trees. Wtf?
I had to sell a lot of iron just to walk but now I got a great sniper from a gonk bitch brat and I can't walk again. Wtf.

Help me out chooms!

So with new DLSS and frame gen game actually runs better than before. I used to get 71 fps in bench but now I got almost 80 without even overclocking my 4090.
A nub question though, it seems my carrying capacity has gone to shit. How do I get it back up. I forgot which talents got me carrying capacity and I can't find it in the big trees. Wtf?
I had to sell a lot of iron just to walk but now I got a great sniper from a gonk bitch brat and I can't walk again. Wtf.

Help me out chooms!

https://reddit.com/r/cyberpunkgame/s/6kmJwzLyK0

Frame-gen creates a very slight blur. Most people, I reckon, wouldn’t even notice it - but I like the crispness of native or DLSS on Quality.

My old save files are working just fine. Also figured out what was the issue with V not being able to carry ma load. Got myself ripped and now am killing idiots like its no one's business.
On gigs do you guys actually use stealth? I am pretty much shooting everything in sight. Waiting on the expansion is hard.

Ugh. Tempted to trade the 7900 XTX for a 4090 already... But ~$3-400 more when it rarely matters outside of like 4 games is hard to justify. Also I just hate giving Nvidia money with the direction they're taking things.
Yeah, I would only consider paying that much more if RT became an essential part of gaming instead of a bleeding edge niche

Ugh. Tempted to trade the 7900 XTX for a 4090 already... But ~$3-400 more when it rarely matters outside of like 4 games is hard to justify. Also I just hate giving Nvidia money with the direction they're taking things.
It's a waste, and wouldn't it be more like 500-600 more?

For those of you with 4090’s, playing at 4K, try this;

1) in the NVIDIA control panel enable Dynamic Super Resolution at 1.78 DL = 5461x2880
2) set your desktop to 5461x2880
3) Launch Cyberpunk and switch to 5461x2880
4) max the game out with path tracing and ray reconstruction enabled
5) turn on Frame-gen and set it to Performance

This combination of upscaling and down scaling will make the image razor sharp, and you should get 55-60 FPS.

The game‘s graphics are unmatched like this.

For those of you with 4090’s, playing at 4K, try this;

1) in the NVIDIA control panel enable Dynamic Super Resolution at 1.78 DL = 5461x2880
2) set your desktop to 5461x2880
3) Launch Cyberpunk and switch to 5461x2880
4) max the game out with path tracing and ray reconstruction enabled
5) turn on Frame-gen and set it to Performance

This combination of upscaling and down scaling will make the image razor sharp, and you should get 55-60 FPS.

The game‘s graphics are unmatched like this.
Thank you for sharing, will have to try this. I finished the game a while ago, updated to 2.0 today, maxed graphics quality with path tracing- and the game looks more blurry than I remember. To the point where I went back to setttings few times to make sure dlss was set on quality and everything was maxed. Maybe it was as blurry before, but I just don't remember. In any event, def going to try this suggestion.

1695518500015.png

Intel Arc A770 performance preset medium RT.

preset low RT
avg 58.21
min 48.25
max 69.05

preset ultra RT
avg 11.40
min 9.00
max 16.26

i play at medium with a few settings adjusted off ultra to keep above 60 fps. you can see low RT gives almost no bonus but ultra shits the bed.

I hope we get an "updated" benchmark when Phantom Liberty releases....

Cuz this old bench is giving me pretty much the exact same result (if not better) than pre 2.0

EDIT: Hmmmm, weird.... Steam says it saving my bench screenshots but even after changing the save dir for them, NOTHING. Oh well, guess I can't flex my 1080p/High/60 fps lol

Last edited:
For me it is a 18%+ improvement at 4K from 71 fps to 84 fps.

It's a whole different ballgame compared to launch.... Back when I had two options for Screen Space Reflections (as an example): Low and grainy AF or Disabled.

How Cyberpunk can look AND run this good on my old gear and Starfield bucks around like a wild bull between 35-60, just makes me sad.

- Considering how CP looks 5x better than Starfield, easily

I was referring to path tracing improvements. At launch with a 3090 it was running fine with traditional RT for me. Not 4K though.

The expansion is apparently 15-20 hours for the main story, could last up to 30 if you do side missions and side gigs. Seems to be a nice size.

I just finished the Jackie Welles part of the game - probably the best opening to a game I’ve ever played. Just phenomenal.

Also, completely unrelated… but I would like to see a little more realism in these open world games regarding the general public. You never see people walking shoulder to shoulder talking. You never see a family out for a stroll. Yet that’s what you typically will see if you go out. What you never see are a bunch of single people walking around by themselves.

Last edited:
I just finished the Jackie Welles part of the game - probably the best opening to a game I’ve ever played. Just phenomenal.
Well there are 3 different intros and people really criticized the time skip part.
Did it change in 2.0? Hope so...

Back