Cyberpunk 2077

I'm wondering how long this will be. I've been reading it can range from 12-30 hours. Not sure one district has 30 hours worth of content, but that would be nice. Some are saying it will be similar to Witcher 3 Blood & Wine in terms of size.

For the perk/attribute points, I don't even recall how many I had. Will have to see how I can roughly replicate my previous build. I essentially ignored melee and related things.

CDPR has said that Phantom Liberty is their 'biggest ever' DLC and also has the largest budget...Blood and Wine features 16 primary quests and around 40 secondary quests so that means PL will be bigger than that

CDPR has said that Phantom Liberty is their 'biggest ever' DLC and also has the largest budget...Blood and Wine features 16 primary quests and around 40 secondary quests so that means PL will be bigger than that
It took me around 30 hours to finish Blood & Wine.

Reactions: Q-BZ
like this
I held off on this game for so long waiting to upgrade my hardware that I decided to wait for the dlc and play it all together for my first time but with all the changes to 2.0 I'm thinking I might pick it up before the 21st and play it once in it's pre-2.0 state.

I didn't play Witcher 3 until all the dlc was out and it seemed like a good way to do it because the game was well polished by then. This sounds more like a Witcher 1 Enhanced Edition situation though and while the EE was the better version overall there were things from both versions that I liked and I'm glad I played both.

I'm sure GOG will still allow people to download the old version after the patch launches but finding pre-patch game info and mods will only get more difficult as time goes on.

Get Cyberpunk 2077 & Phantom Liberty Goodies Collection free on GOG till 9-25-23.

Note: Those who’ve already claimed the Goodies back in June will find it automatically updated with the new content.

https://www.gog.com/en/game/cyberpunk_2077_phantom_liberty_goodies_collection

This unique content pack compiles — for the first time ever —the best of previously released CD PROJEKT RED content from Cyberpunk 2077 and the upcoming Phantom Liberty. Among the content featured in the Cyberpunk 2077 & Phantom Liberty Goodies Collection, you'll find digital wallpapers, screenshots, key visuals, printable posters, gang graffiti, and more – everything that will give your PC that needed cyberpunk touch before venturing into Night City and Dogtown.

Goodies

phantom liberty logo wallpaper phantom liberty key visual graphics phantom liberty wallpaper phantom liberty bundle wallpaper phantom liberty quadra vigilante wallpaper phantom liberty screenshots cyberpunk 2077 concept arts cyberpunk 2077 cover arts cyberpunk 2077 posters cyberpunk 2077 screenshots cyberpunk 2077 gang graffiti cyberpunk 2077 steelbook arts cyberpunk 2077 wallpapers cyberpunk 2077 wallpapers (20th Anniversary) NEW cyberpunk 2077 phantom liberty conceptarts wallpapers NEW GOG exclusive cyberpunk 2077 phantom liberty wallpapers

I hadn't realized what a diff RT Overdrive (path tracing) makes in the game looking way more atmospheric, since I played through before RTO was patched in. But based on these comparisons I'll definitely be trying it out when 2.0 hits and with the expansion.

View: https://youtu.be/s58tbglH4AU

Did the game always have shitty looking lighting? Is RTO really needed to cast shadows as seen @3:18? Hell, even normal RT doesn't provide a shadow under the duct work. It just looks bad.

*Edit* Or is it more of a case that nobody knew a shadow was supposed to exist until path tracing points it out?

Most games have shitty lighting if you pay attention. CP was good in some areas and terrible in others. I'm loving the improvements in general, and can't wait to see what Unreal 5.2(+) brings to the sequel.

the Overdrive patch is hit or miss to me...from what I've seen it makes some areas look better (more realistic) and some worse...I'm looking forward to seeing how they implement path tracing in Alan Wake 2 which is a much darker game

I’m confused. Will DLSS 3.5 release the day that Phantom Liberty releases, on the 28th, or on the day of the upgrade, the 21st?

Because Ray Reconstruction appears to be a souped of version of Path Tracing, at less cost - though who knows.

But judging by the promotional screenshots, Ray Reconstruction looks pretty major.

https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/geforce/news/nvidia-dlss-3-5-ray-reconstruction/#:~:text=DLSS 3.5 Arrives This Fall In Leading Games & Apps&text=DLSS has come a long,the best way to play.
From the way NV talked about it, Ray Reconstruction is an improved denoiser for any RT, not specifically a Pathtracing thing.
I don't think there's word about what new tech features will be included in the 2.0 patch... Im hoping for RR and FSR3 but haven't heard yet.

I'm guessing DLSS 3.5 will be a part of basegame 2.0, and not exclusive to the PL expansion. Meaning expect to see the new options in the graphics settings on the 21st.

This was posted on Nvidia's YT channel 3 weeks ago. I'm assuming it's being co-marketed with PL rather than merely basegame 2.0 only because the expansion is the bigger marketing push.

View: https://youtu.be/oMCC9TgsCDY

Last edited:
After SO MANY hours logged, every ending experienced, and endless builds in this game, I look forward to the expansion, and when I can pick it up, it's a given for me. Even with the original launch bugs, still one of my favorite games to just get in and mess around. Besides, since when is t-posing nude through the roof of your car a bug? Sounds like freedom to me.

I'm guessing DLSS 3.5 will be a part of basegame 2.0, and not exclusive to the PL expansion. Meaning expect to see the new options in the graphics settings on the 21st.

This was posted on Nvidia's YT channel 3 weeks ago. I'm assuming it's being co-marketed with PL rather than merely basegame 2.0 only because the expansion is the bigger marketing push.

View: https://youtu.be/oMCC9TgsCDY

my weaksauce 3080 Ti:

raw.gif

After SO MANY hours logged, every ending experienced, and endless builds in this game, I look forward to the expansion, and when I can pick it up, it's a given for me. Even with the original launch bugs, still one of my favorite games to just get in and mess around. Besides, since when is t-posing nude through the roof of your car a bug? Sounds like freedom to me.
As someone who has been waiting and waiting to play this... is there something akin to Bethesda's time honor stealth-archer build? Or should I just go in blind?

I hadn't realized what a diff RT Overdrive (path tracing) makes in the game looking way more atmospheric, since I played through before RTO was patched in. But based on these comparisons I'll definitely be trying it out when 2.0 hits and with the expansion.

View: https://youtu.be/s58tbglH4AU

This is a neat video, there's a bunch of times when regular RT kicks on and you're like, oh - yeah, that looks better.

And then it flips to path tracing. And you realize just how blatantly wrong the lighting still was in some cases. Characters have a pretty bad habit of kinda being a little weird and glowy, and you notice they often don't quite blend perfectly with the world until overdrive.

the Overdrive patch is hit or miss to me...from what I've seen it makes some areas look better (more realistic) and some worse...I'm looking forward to seeing how they implement path tracing in Alan Wake 2 which is a much darker game
I don't think I've ever seen an area look worse in overdrive.

Sometimes a LOT different. But I'm generally fine with that because the results are always cohesive and plausible.

Maybe not always artistically as interesting, but I think it's almost always a huge net win. There's a few places where it's like... Oh it's just dark as shit now. And it technically should be. But in the non path traced version it was lit to some extent... by _something_. So it wasn't really right, but you could at least see.

I basically ruined my first run through the game because I was soooo broken. Quick hacking was ludicrous.

I wouldn't even get out of my car for some missions. I'd hack a vending machine and 5 seconds later everyone in a 200 foot radius had cyber cancer, a testicular torsion, and their heads were literally on fire.

I hope they managed to do something interesting with the hacking. I'm pretty tempted to try punching my way through this round though.

Right? I just hope I can figure out a balance to play RT. The last update looked pretty amazing (generally) but brought my framerates to a crawl.
i tried playing overdrive on a friend's PC with a 4070... frame gen is pure magic, and is undoubtedly gonna become a defacto standard within the next couple of years. seriously makes my gpu feel like i'm using a 5 year old mid range card that's just barely hanging on to dear life

Right? I just hope I can figure out a balance to play RT. The last update looked pretty amazing (generally) but brought my framerates to a crawl.
i tried playing overdrive on a friend's PC with a 4070... frame gen is pure magic, and is undoubtedly gonna become a defacto standard within the next couple of years. seriously makes my gpu feel like i'm using a 5 year old mid range card that's just barely hanging on to dear life

This is why I'm eagerly looking forward to Cyb getting FSR3 (well, that and finally being able to use modded traffic density without getting CPU-bound). FluidFrames + Reflex should turn 3080Ti/3090/3090Ti into relatively-decent performers with PT enabled (although 3080Ti may be a little squeezed on the framebuffer with the extra overhead of PT... Cyb gets really mad when VRAM runs low IME)

As someone who has been waiting and waiting to play this... is there something akin to Bethesda's time honor stealth-archer build? Or should I just go in blind?
Honestly the best "Stealth" is hacking. You can wipe out so much stuff without ever being discovered. But since they are revamping the game with 2.0 before the expansion, I have no idea now. I haven't had time to login and play in a while.

Sometimes a LOT different. But I'm generally fine with that because the results are always cohesive and plausible.

Maybe not always artistically as interesting,

The fan scene at around 2:05 is a good example. RT over drive looks like an entirely different area. While it looks more realistic graphically I will say regular RT looks better for that particular scene. This is going to be a problem until ray tracing is standard. Going for a certain art style, specifically for something like a horror game, will limit what they do with RT. You essentially have to optimize the visuals to have the same readability, mood and look in two lighting systems. So we'll either get RT that is very limited or something like Cyberpunk where visually the different settings can look entirely different.

We better hope AMD really ups their RT game within 4 years and there are two good GPU generations because whatever is out in 4 years will be the base line for the next consoles which will last around 7 years.

they should create a separate exe for the 2.0 version and let people continue to play the broken, half-finished, crappy version if they want :LOL: :eek:
I mean, GoG not having DRM means one can already do that by duping the game folder before updating.
Because I'm a psycho, I have a 2TB NVMe dedicated only to Cyberpunk 2077 installs- currently with two versions of 1.0x, one of 1.2x, one of 1.3x, two of 1.5x, and like four versions of 1.6x.
Going back to try old game versions can be pretty interesting for superfans, a LOT has changed/evolved and clearly 2.0 is gonna continue that.

I mean, GoG not having DRM means one can already do that by duping the game folder before updating.
Because I'm a psycho, I have a 2TB NVMe dedicated only to Cyberpunk 2077 installs- currently with two versions of 1.0x, one of 1.2x, one of 1.3x, two of 1.5x, and like four versions of 1.6x.
Going back to try old game versions can be pretty interesting for superfans, a LOT has changed/evolved and clearly 2.0 is gonna continue that.
This is cool, I wish I would have thought of this. I've played through 1.0 and again sometime later, although I enjoyed them and didn't have much issues, would be cool to go back and see the actual differences.
Love this about drm free games.

they should create a separate exe for the 2.0 version and let people continue to play the broken, half-finished, crappy version if they want :LOL: :eek:
It's GOG, so you can download the game installers to backup. I have not gone in myself to see how many versions they keep, but you can at least download the current version.

On GOG it's typically only the latest installer kept in my experience, except for unusual cases like OG Witcher 3 vs the 'next-gen' remaster, so generally requires users download them at the time (or just make copies of the local files like the user above) if they want to preserve older versions (or find the signed installers elsewhere...).

With Steam though you can download past versions using console tools, which is an underrated option.

Tbh I don't expect 2.x will radically change my opinion of the base game. It was decent but not groundbreaking, with few bugs from early patches for me and the mechanics/skill trees/police system weren't the flaws with it.

So, essentially DLSS 3.5’s Ray Reconstruction is only going to benefit Cyberpunk’s Path Tracing mode - that’s what I thought.
It was stated from the beginning, that Ray Reconstruction has to be implemented by the game.

The new AI denoisers I THIIIINK work with any Ray Tracing/DLSS game. As long as you have an updated DLSS .DLL file added to the game. The benefit there would be slightly better RTX performance.

Back