Cyberpunk 2077

Some one peed in your coffee!

I got the car back after a good while, I got the bike and ran a dozen or more side jobs around there, and progressed the main story by a few missions, then I got called by Delamin.
Well, people link articles that basically don't tell you anything (As if I haven't already read them), and they can't tell you either. It would be nice to know if it's tied to a certain quest, time, or whatever.

The reason being, if it's a bugged out quest, I don't want to invest another 20 hours in the game only to have a save game that's permanently fucked.

Well, people link articles that basically don't tell you anything, and they can't tell you either. It would be nice to know if it's tied to a certain quest, time, or whatever.
The game is huge and new, the lack of concrete information is nothing new. Heck try finding concrete information on older titles is hard enough (Deus Ex HR/MKD is still incomplete).

I did not do anything special to get my car back, I just ran around and even forgot about it for a while.

I don't think many can answer the bug question, maybe it is, the game sure as shit is. Still a blast, a buggy, glitchy, blast. Who doesn't want some Tpose every once and a while.

Last edited:
Well, people link articles that basically don't tell you anything (As if I haven't already read them), and they can't tell you either. It would be nice to know if it's tied to a certain quest, time, or whatever.

The reason being, if it's a bugged out quest, I don't want to invest another 20 hours in the game only to have a save game that's permanently fucked.

I don't actually recall how long it took after doing the Delamaine quest before he gave me my car back. I don't think I used that car once after I got Jackie's bike. Cars just feel terrible.

It wasn't a long time. I advanced the mission, did some side jobs and before I knew it I got the phone call.

When the fuck does the Human Nature quest finally 'finish' and you get your original car back? I've done the 'Tune Up' quest and visited the AI cab driver, etc. Is this thing just bugged?
It will come back. It's either 24 hours or 48 hours game time. Don't stress.

Reactions: Q-BZ
like this
I am not trying to excuse any of this but let me ask: Sadly, isn't a lot of what you described here more or less par for the course by and large?
I can't remember the last time a game developer was this actively abusive to gamers.

Similar has happened before, yes. But the last time a game I was personally interested in which neared this level of BS...Maybe Dark Souls 2 (2014)? There was a big bait and switch on that, in terms of graphics downgrades for the final release. And also a denial that there were plans for a next-gen/remaster version----which then released like 6 months later.

I would say the situation with Cyberpunk is a shade or two worse, due to their empty rhetoric of multiple apologies and false sensitivity. It echoes a classic abusive relationship. But the situation with DS2 was shit and I don't really wish to get much more specific on degrees of shit

Something like this. There is an even option in the menu to "skip time" if desperate.

I need to get the cops to stop hating me and I'm not sure how.

After 48 hours or so I haven't really had any serious altercation with the cops, and when they did appear out of thin air, you can just run down the block and hide and the stars go away. What kind of problems are you having?

like this
After 48 hours or so I haven't really had any serious altercation with the cops, and when they did appear out of thin air, you can just run down the block and hide and the stars go away. What kind of problems are you having?

I had gotten into some crazy battle and accidentally shot some of them. The wanted went up...I got away by a miracle. Since then for a while anywhere I go they all have the red arrows over them like hostiles. I am hoping in game time takes care of that, too.

I had gotten into some crazy battle and accidentally shot some of them. The wanted went up...I got away by a miracle. Since then for a while anywhere I go they all have the red arrows over them like hostiles. I am hoping in game time takes care of that, too.

Oh, haha well then, you may have a problem :-P

like this
I can't remember the last time a game developer was this actively abusive to gamers.

Similar has happened before, yes. But the last time a game I was personally interested in which neared this level of BS...Maybe Dark Souls 2 (2014)? There was a big bait and switch on that, in terms of graphics downgrades for the final release. And also a denial that there were plans for a next-gen/remaster version----which then released like 6 months later.

I would say the situation with Cyberpunk is a shade or two worse, due to their empty rhetoric of multiple apologies and false sensitivity. It echoes a classic abusive relationship. But the situation with DS2 was shit and I don't really wish to get much more specific on degrees of shit
When people start using words like "abusive" yo describe a game developer its probably time to step back from gaming, take a deep breath, and find the positive in life.

Something like this. There is an even option in the menu to "skip time" if desperate.

I need to get the cops to stop hating me and I'm not sure how.
Already stated I skipped a weeks worth of time in-game, nothing happened. I'm about half-way through the second Act now as well, something is absolutely bugged.

When people start using words like "abusive" yo describe a game developer its probably time to step back from gaming, take a deep breath, and find the positive in life.
I'm recognizing it for what it is.

It hasn't required some big personal/emotional investment from me, to do that. I was never even greatly interested in Cyberpunk.

Games hold the interests of potentially tens of millions of people. I've been playing games for decades, as well as paying attention to the industry. I've also been a person for as long. It wasn't much of a move, for me to see this as abusive. And I think game companies should be identified for what they do.

Last edited:
Like tears in the rain...
photomode_15122020_030624.png

edit - And sorry, meant to do the other one I found:
photomode_15122020_151709.png

Last edited:
Is it possible to disable the floating damage numbers? I thought I remember CDPR had some tweet/article about this a long time ago.
Considering how they basically dropped 80% of features they announced, I figured I'd ask people who actually have the game.

Go to the cyberpunk reddit where everyone else who bitches about thing CDPR never said or promised, asks questions.

Is it possible to disable the floating damage numbers? I thought I remember CDPR had some tweet/article about this a long time ago.
Considering how they basically dropped 80% of features they announced, I figured I'd ask people who actually have the game.
Yeah, they're in the options somewhere EDIT: They're in the Interface settings menu. You have 4 options to choose from, I believe.

Already stated I skipped a weeks worth of time in-game, nothing happened. I'm about half-way through the second Act now as well, something is absolutely bugged.

Sorry... not sure how I missed that. You're right that's definitely not right. I am puzzled as to why I was able to get it and not you. Verify files? I am going to see if I can find anything about that.

Sorry... not sure how I missed that. You're right that's definitely not right. I am puzzled as to why I was able to get it and not you. Verify files? I am going to see if I can find anything about that.
I’ve given up, I’ll just have to be happy with my Pinto equivalent.

like this
If anyone is looking for a good leveling weapon get the "Skippy". It's an epic AI pistol tribute to Microsoft's Clippy. The important part being the weapon scales as you level. It's the only weapon to do so found. Perfect for a low level, since the quest only requires you to pick it up off the ground. You can grab it up in Heywood.

Attachments

• 3773362-3772455-cyberpunkiconicskippymap.jpg
    3773362-3772455-cyberpunkiconicskippymap.jpg
    194.8 KB · Views: 0
Something is off with the Delamian cab quest, I had immediate access to the base car once Delamain said they were going to fix it. Just hit V to summon it expecting Jackie's bike. But the car rolled.

Even got the "you car is now ready" message sometime later

If anyone is looking for a good leveling weapon get the "Skippy". It's an epic AI pistol tribute to Microsoft's Clippy. The important part being the weapon scales as you level. It's the only weapon to do so found. Perfect for a low level, since the quest only requires you to pick it up off the ground. You can grab it up in Heywood.
Show some specs.

This game has insane horizontal and vertical density, the kind we've never seen before due to the limitations of console hardware in previous generations.

You could be standing in a highly dense market, go one floor up into a highly dense shopping area, then one floor up into a highly dense club, then another floor up into a highly dense apartment complex, then go another floor up into penthouses, suites, residences, etc all packed with npcs, high poly assets, volumetric clouds, particle effects, and high quality lighting affecting all of them simultaneously.

The game could have used another year in development for sure, but there is no doubt that it is indeed a technical marvel that any developer would have struggled with getting all the different systems to work together in a polished fashion.

I'm caving and going back to DLSS performance. I've tried all the recommended settings and such, but things keep bogging down after seemingly working in the short term. Especially around smoke/fog effects and crowds. I think I've just gotten too conditioned to games I can lock-down at 60fps and this game probably heavily benefits from a VRR/Gsync monitor. Well, that and I think I'm just too sensitive to FPS drops. I've noticed that Digital Foundry's vid recommends it for 4K, and at least for other folks like me I understand why. For what it's worth, I think gamepads compound things. There's a weird jerkiness when pad acceleration kicks in. You can tinker with settings and disable it, but it also removes your ability to turn around in a reasonable manner.

I'm caving and going back to DLSS performance. I've tried all the recommended settings and such, but things keep bogging down after seemingly working in the short term. Especially around smoke/fog effects and crowds. I think I've just gotten too conditioned to games I can lock-down at 60fps and this game probably heavily benefits from a VRR/Gsync monitor. Well, that and I think I'm just too sensitive to FPS drops. I've noticed that Digital Foundry's vid recommends it for 4K, and at least for other folks like me I understand why. For what it's worth, I think gamepads compound things. There's a weird jerkiness when pad acceleration kicks in. You can tinker with settings and disable it, but it also removes your ability to turn around in a reasonable manner.
The game seems to HATE high dpi. So, I found people with controllers had smoother experiences. Personally, I just lower the DPI on my mouse and adjust with in the ingame menus. It seems to have stabilized the frame rate. Also, changing the pool size for ram and vram seemed to have helped too. The game is still kinda wonky...but it feels overall better with those two tweaks plus the DF recommends.

The game seems to HATE high dpi. So, I found people with controllers had smoother experiences. Personally, I just lower the DPI on my mouse and adjust with in the ingame menus. It seems to have stabilized the frame rate. Also, changing the pool size for ram and vram seemed to have helped too. The game is still kinda wonky...but it feels overall better with those two tweaks plus the DF recommends.
I was wondering what the heck was going on...I thought my mouse pad was catching my mouse and causing the stuttering. Will lower my DPI on my mouse as well.

I haven't tried the VRAM thing so I'll give it a go. I normally play with a fairly low DPI when I use a mouse, so the game actually seems to run better with KB/M for me. At the very least it doesn't get as choppy when I look left and right. I'd prefer a pad with a game like this, though. That and a good chunk of my attempted keybinds won't take.
With a pad it's relatively smooth if you're only barely panning around and lightly touching the right analog. But if you ever fully press it, things get really jerky. Especially when there are fog/smoke effects onscreen. It's annoying as hell.

I was wondering what the heck was going on...I thought my mouse pad was catching my mouse and causing the stuttering. Will lower my DPI on my mouse as well.
Yea, prior to changing the DPI, I'd noticed panning the camera would spike the framerate quite dramatically. Like 40fps to 120fps within the same area. Lowering it stabilized it to around 70 with typical fluctuations. Still this seems to feel like the data streaming/CPU isn't being used correctly. Thus it needs optimization.

I adjusted the VRAM file and it does seem to have an effect on things. Might be placebo (I have work programs like Teams running), but I'm going to play around some more tonight. I'm just looking for a way to get rid of FPS fluctuations when panning around. Especially when there is fog/smoke/steam nearby. Those seem to exacerbate the issue.

I adjusted the VRAM file and it does seem to have an effect on things. Might be placebo (I have work programs like Teams running), but I'm going to play around some more tonight. I'm just looking for a way to get rid of FPS fluctuations when panning around. Especially when there is fog/smoke/steam nearby. Those seem to exacerbate the issue.
I don't think it does anything. Unless it takes the settings and changes it elsewhere after you initially set them in the file. Because after I changed it I thought I saw a difference and it seemed like a big difference. But then I went back and retested with the original values nothing changed. Not sure if it works, someone who never did it would have to test before and after, because it doesnt seem to "revert" to default if you change the values back.

Back