Cyberpunk 2077

I only made it through about 30% I'd say of the main quest when I played it a year and holding off until I can build a new system and run it at 4k. I'm glad to see all the work being then since it means I'll be playing a much better game and I'll buy the expansion as well.

It seems like a lot triple AAA titles these days should be avoided for at least six months after their release, to allow time for patches.

Looks like the DLC will take place inside the stadium. And apparently the design will be heavily reworked.

I'm looking forward to the gameplay changes- police overhaul, vehicle combat...I'm not expecting the quality to match the Witcher 3 Blood and Wine expansion but it should be a much more polished experience

According to Steam I’ve spent 150 hrs playing this game??

But I barely even started it? I was maybe halfway through?

That said, I must’ve restarted this game maybe six times. I think the game is better when Jackie is still alive.

Ryzen SMT Fix
https://wccftech.com/amd-ryzen-cpus...ance-boost-cyberpunk-2077-unofficial-smt-fix/
"you can just edit the Cyberpunk 2077 executable manually by replacing the hex value "75 2D 33 C9 B8 01 00 00 00 0F A2 8B C8 C1 F9 08" with "EB 2D 33 C9 B8 01 00 00 00 0F A2 8B C8 C1 F9 08" and save it."

Haven't tested it myself since I don't use SMT but maybe when the expansion comes out I'll give it a shot.

1687804844650.png

I've played through twice already, will enjoy playing through again with this dlc and changes eventually.

Ryzen SMT Fix
https://wccftech.com/amd-ryzen-cpus...ance-boost-cyberpunk-2077-unofficial-smt-fix/
"you can just edit the Cyberpunk 2077 executable manually by replacing the hex value "75 2D 33 C9 B8 01 00 00 00 0F A2 8B C8 C1 F9 08" with "EB 2D 33 C9 B8 01 00 00 00 0F A2 8B C8 C1 F9 08" and save it."

Haven't tested it myself since I don't use SMT but maybe when the expansion comes out I'll give it a shot.

View attachment 579540
Here is the source. It's important to point out they didn't test it on Windows 11, but I don't think that will make a difference. Apparently, CDPR's "fix" only addressed CPUs with up to 6 cores. If you have 8 or more cores, it wasn't fixed. Why did CDPR hardcode a physical core limit?

https://www.pcgameshardware.de/Cybe...7/Specials/Ryzen-SMT-Fix-Performance-1422710/

It was apparently a copy pasta from the GPU Open source code that now no longer exists, lol. It is a check that was only meant for Bulldozer processors.

https://old.reddit.com/r/pcgaming/c..._2077_used_an_intel_c_compiler_which/gfknein/

Mod that edits the hex in memory so the executable remains unchanged:

https://github.com/maximegmd/CyberEngineTweaks

It's hard to trust CD Projekt when it's still pretending Cyberpunk 2077's launch wasn't a disaster

The din of anticipation for Cyberpunk 2077's launch was deafening. The Witcher 3 was a masterpiece, and after years and years of waiting we were getting to see how CD Projekt Red would build on that with a very different style of RPG. What we got was an ambitious mess that took a long time to rectify, and one of the highest profile launch disasters in videogame history. And now, in an interview with GamesIndustry.biz, CDPR is trying to make us think we just dreamed it all

"I actually believe Cyberpunk on launch was way better than it was received, and even the first reviews were positive. Then it became a cool thing not to like it. We went from hero to zero really fast. That was the tough moment. We didn't know what was happening. We knew that the game is great, yes we can improve it, yes we need to take time to do it, and we need to rebuild some stuff"...

https://www.pcgamer.com/its-hard-to...ding-cyberpunk-2077s-launch-wasnt-a-disaster/

It's hard to trust CD Projekt when it's still pretending Cyberpunk 2077's launch wasn't a disaster

The din of anticipation for Cyberpunk 2077's launch was deafening. The Witcher 3 was a masterpiece, and after years and years of waiting we were getting to see how CD Projekt Red would build on that with a very different style of RPG. What we got was an ambitious mess that took a long time to rectify, and one of the highest profile launch disasters in videogame history. And now, in an interview with GamesIndustry.biz, CDPR is trying to make us think we just dreamed it all

"I actually believe Cyberpunk on launch was way better than it was received, and even the first reviews were positive. Then it became a cool thing not to like it. We went from hero to zero really fast. That was the tough moment. We didn't know what was happening. We knew that the game is great, yes we can improve it, yes we need to take time to do it, and we need to rebuild some stuff"...

https://www.pcgamer.com/its-hard-to...ding-cyberpunk-2077s-launch-wasnt-a-disaster/
Funny that you would point to witcher 3 while complaining about cyberpunk 2077 bugs. Witcher 3 had quite a few bugs when I played through it several years after launch. I actually had more game breaking issues in witcher 3 than cyberpunk 2077 and much more minor issues and I played CP 2077 at launch. Not saying that CP 2077 is without issues, but my playthrough within 1 month of launch had nowhere near as many issues as people would make you believe. My guess is that it is either caused by weak hardware, some people are quite unlucky or a lot of people jump on the complaining bandwagon. With weak hardware I mean low amount of ram like 16gb or less, slow ssd/hdd or not low to midrange GPU.

People have 1-2 level of sarcasm and way to not be clear when it is not clear for themselve and just Internet hyperboling for click without any thought, but how would CD projeckt be not pretending that Cyberpunk 2077 launch was not a technical disaster, with the many release date push, year long wait for the PS5 edition, leaving the in house game engine and turning to Unreal Engine for future project, they even made public apology video about the situation:

They had a long literal trial about that game launch:
https://www.videogameschronicle.com...rpunk-2077-investor-lawsuit-for-1-85-million/

They issued public we will refund people purchase message:
https://www.videogameschronicle.com...nk-on-ps4-xbo-confirms-it-will-issue-refunds/

What would seriously admitting the game had issues look like (and staying polite for the developer/employee that made the game, not hurt the company more than needed,etc...), if that was not it ?

Last edited:
Ok so I have put like 5 hours into Cyberpunk 2077 and I haven't felt anything yet. I want to love this game so badly but It's not happening yet. How was your experience guys? Does it take a while? I appreciate all the work into building this amazing city and the art and the super cool futuristic setting and visuals and tech but I'm struggling to get sucked into it. I keep forcing myself to play it because I love the idea of everything about it but having trouble loving the game itself. How bout y'all?

I only made it through about 30% I'd say of the main quest when I played it a year and holding off until I can build a new system and run it at 4k. I'm glad to see all the work being then since it means I'll be playing a much better game and I'll buy the expansion as well.

It seems like a lot triple AAA titles these days should be avoided for at least six months after their release, to allow time for patches.

Yes this is definitely a rule I follow. Never preorder and usually wait six months for patches and reviews before buying.

Ok so I have put like 5 hours into Cyberpunk 2077 and I haven't felt anything yet. I want to love this game so badly but It's not happening yet. How was your experience guys? Does it take a while? I appreciate all the work into building this amazing city and the art and the super cool futuristic setting and visuals and tech but I'm struggling to get sucked into it. I keep forcing myself to play it because I love the idea of everything about it but having trouble loving the game itself. How bout y'all?
You need to look past bugs and gameplay. If the world doesn't draw you in then nothing will change even by the 30th hour. Big story twist should've come by now in first 5 hours.
I have tried to replay this game now almost 4-5 times. It doesn't do it for me either. However, on my first play through I gave it 9/10 (with all the bugs) because the world did draw me in and I enjoyed it quite a lot.

You need to look past bugs and gameplay. If the world doesn't draw you in then nothing will change even by the 30th hour. Big story twist should've come by now in first 5 hours.
I have tried to replay this game now almost 4-5 times. It doesn't do it for me either. However, on my first play through I gave it 9/10 (with all the bugs) because the world did draw me in and I enjoyed it quite a lot.

Agree with this^ If you really want to play the game wait two more months for the Phantom Liberty dlc to drop and it comes with a huge update to the game which supposedly improves a lot of the in game systems and completely reworks the skills.

I think the world building, general goal presented in the story, and story missions were good. Even a lot of the side quests were fun. I say this has a better story than most games, but didn't quite reach Mass Effect 1-3 or Deus Ex HR levels. I was interested from the start but it does pick up more after 5-6 or so hours.

I think the world building, general goal presented in the story, and story missions were good. Even a lot of the side quests were fun. I say this has a better story than most games, but didn't quite reach Mass Effect 1-3 or Deus Ex HR levels. I was interested from the start but it does pick up more after 5-6 or so hours.
Well said. That about sums up my feeling on the games narrative.

I thought the first five or so hours were the best. When Jackie Welles leaves the story… that’s where it drops off for me.

Me too, glad I didn't play through the game the first time around
Myself, I think I’m halfway through the campaign… at 160 hours.

l was fascinated by the world and the game engine. I think I spent literally 50 hours just tinkering with the settings. At first I had a 2080ti, then a 3090, then a 4090. Each time I upgraded my gpu I spent another 10 hours just benchmarking and walking around the city.

The game fascinates me, but somehow I still feel like I haven’t really played it. Truth be told, I still don’t understand character levelling. It’s too involved.

I'm the same as you guys. I played it originally. Probably after that one big patch that came out like a year, year and a half ago.

I really enjoyed the beginning part when you have that big muscle head partner/ buddy and going through the campaign.

But then after that when you kind of kill the Asian chicks brother or something like that I got totally lost to confuse and what to do next?

I uninstall the game because I couldn't figure out which missions to go on next and it seem like I was riding my vehicle for 15 minutes to get from one point to the next

Thought I probably will buy this new upcoming expansion and start the game over from scratch again with a new character and try it with all the updates included.

For me, it's all about having the hardware needed to run it at very high settings at 4K getting good frames, which is something my current system will not be able to do now. Will build a gaming rig at the end of the year. I've held off giving this game another go bc I'm running a laptop w/ a 2070 on the LG 48CX TV, and my laptop cannot run a game like Cybepunk at 4k on that.

For GPU will probably buy a 7900 XTX which should enable really good 4K rasterized performance.

For me, it's all about having the hardware needed to run it at very high settings at 4K getting good frames, which is something my current system will not be able to do now. Will build a gaming rig at the end of the year. I've held off giving this game another go bc I'm running a laptop w/ a 2070 on the LG 48CX TV, and my laptop cannot run a game like Cybepunk at 4k on that.

For GPU will probably buy a 7900 XTX which should enable really good 4K rasterized performance.

CB2077 @ 4k Ultra graphics, you need at least a 3090 minimum, preferably a 4080, and best yet a 4090 or 7900XTX, which is what your getting, so it will run like butter.

CB2077 @ 4k Ultra graphics, you need at least a 3090 minimum, preferably a 4080, and best yet a 4090 or 7900XTX, which is what your getting, so it will run like butter.
I've been used to 25-30 frames per second w my laptop so it will be a treat to run it at a much faster fps

did you really like it? so far it feels empty to me even with all the population, i will give it another shot i hope i fall into it.

When I found I could play the game on my 1660 I burned 136 hours in it and last played August 2021. No hiccups, no issues. I think I may need to upgrade the ol' vidjacardz and prep to play the dlc.

I bought CP2077 in Jan 2022 during the Steam Winter sale but still haven't touched it yet...was waiting for the police overhaul, vehicle-to-vehicle combat patch (which is not coming until the Phantom Liberty expansion)...now when I finally play it in Sept 2023 I can get the full experience (path tracing, all the new features, performance improvements, bug fixes etc)

I've Played through twice already but been awhile, looking forward for another play through with the changes and dlc.

Back