Cyberpunk 2077

Again, the graphical down grade for a huge FPS gain may be worth it to some people depending on their set up. But it isn't "free frame rates" like some claim.
Yeah, I dialed it in some with mostly high and some medium settings at 1440p that gave me a solid 75fps with no DLSS artifacting (and I get distracted by a lot of it personally). No RT either.

Don't know any fps yet. Ran the game for about an hour. 5600x 32gb 3600 ram and 2080 super on a wd black nvme.

Game run tits at 1440p on all high, quality dlss and rt settings full blast. I turned off film grain, chromic and blur.

No bugs yet either. I am sure there are fps drops and bugs. I just haven't felt or seen them yet.

all those delays and the final product has this many bugs?...to all the people who post that they are fine with game delays (even multiple delays) because the game will be more polished and less buggy on release I hope this release changes your tune...
Why would it change anything? Are you implying that they might as well have released it back in April because it is buggy regardless?

I'll admit, I don't like the delay creep. I'd rather see one big delay than several short ones. That said, I think it's obvious that each previous date, if held, would have been a worse and worse product. I'd honestly have be fine with them delaying it further, but I understand that they reached a point where I don't think that was practical. Neverminded the lucrative holiday / new console launch window, games like this are ALWAYS buggy. That's just what happens when you have a major open world title like this go from being played by hundreds of people to millions of people. We have this conversation every single time. Had it with Witcher 3. Had it with every Bethesda Fallout and Elder Scrolls title. We'll have it again in a few years with Starfield. It's the nature of the beast.

Welp I am good 2.5 hours in and I am blown away with how much is really in this game. Now I have noticed stupid little bugs here and there, but really this game runs great at 4k maxed out (no RT) with dlss on quality.

I do feel bad for other people having issues, but this 5600x + 3090 combo is just humming along so damn well....Bravo CDPR!

Why would it change anything? Are you implying that they might as well have released it back in April because it is buggy regardless?

I'll admit, I don't like the delay creep. I'd rather see one big delay than several short ones. That said, I think it's obvious that each previous date, if held, would have been a worse and worse product. I'd honestly have be fine with them delaying it further, but I understand that they reached a point where I don't think that was practical. Neverminded the lucrative holiday / new console launch window, games like this are ALWAYS buggy. That's just what happens when you have a major open world title like this go from being played by hundreds of people to millions of people. We have this conversation every single time. Had it with Witcher 3. Had it with every Bethesda Fallout and Elder Scrolls title. We'll have it again in a few years with Starfield. It's the nature of the beast.

my point was that the delays were mainly to satisfy Nvidia (AMD as well to a lesser extent) in terms of launching the new GPU's...sure they fixed some more bugs in that time but I can't see how this game could be much worse 8 months ago after 7 years of development...today the game is still buggy as hell...Fallout New Vegas looks like a great release compared to this (genitals hanging out of clothing, physics, textures etc)

of course there's always the same 2-3 people who will say the game runs great and they haven't seen any bugs or performance issues

Random side note here, but one thing I saw in a few reviews was talk of how 'stiff' Keanu Reeves' performance in the game is. I know I've only see a small chunk of his work in the game so far, but I actually think it's some of the most alive I've ever heard him sound. I think he's great in the game, and I generally think he's AWFUL in movies.

Random side note here, but one thing I saw in a few reviews was talk of how 'stiff' Keanu Reeves' performance in the game is. I know I've only see a small chunk of his work in the game so far, but I actually think it's some of the most alive I've ever heard him sound. I think he's great in the game, and I generally think he's AWFUL in movies.
I'm going to go ahead and agree to disagree on that last part.

Well, I know what I am going to be playing New Years eve and all day on New Years Day. :) I am already hooked but, I need to get to bed so I cannot play for long yet.

my point was that the delays were mainly to satisfy Nvidia (AMD as well to a lesser extent) in terms of launching the new GPU's...sure they fixed some more bugs in that time but I can't see how this game could be much worse 8 months ago after 7 years of development...today the game is still buggy as hell...Fallout New Vegas looks like a great release compared to this (genitals hanging out of clothing, physics, textures etc)

of course there's always the same 2-3 people who will say the game runs great and they haven't seen any bugs or performance issues

4 people because so far, I have yet to see any performance issues and a bug was V's companion walking over a box.

bruh.. the game is literally packed with bugs. if you're looking "past" them to enjoy the game, that's really cool (wish I could do that, honestly) but it doesn't mean they're not there

I have not encountered any game breaking bugs. Only bugs, that to me, are fairly typical of new release open world games.

I do agree though, I think they should have spent 2-3 more months with a hard production stop on new shit, and only focus on polishing things up.

Seems to be tons of physics bugs based on videos on the net; did anyone not have the person hovering in the road in the first 5 minutes of the game? Kinda glad I'm not motivated to play it yet (need video card!), by the time I do get motivated, hopefully they'll have a buncha stuff ironed out.

Hardware Unboxed and Digital Foundry will eventually release videos.

HUB won't be doing one. They said those videos take too long to make and instead of doing it they want to do videos they actually want to do after the mass hardware release schedule.

I think they naysayers are right, I ran into an immersion and game breaking glitch/bug today, I put new pants and show on and they didn't display, so I re equipped them and they showed up. I think saw a car that was clipping into the ground.

Game is ruined, 3/10, complete trash, 2 minor glitches/bugs in 10 hours of gameplay is too much, if only CDPR had someone like CR to show them how games should really be made...

I think they naysayers are right, I ran into an immersion and game breaking glitch/bug today, I put new pants and show on and they didn't display, so I re equipped them and they showed up. I think saw a car that was clipping into the ground.

Game is ruined, 3/10, complete trash, 2 minor glitches/bugs in 10 hours of gameplay is too much, if only CDPR had someone like CR to show them how games should really be made...
I know, they should have got with the guy who made Mr. Krabs' Ketamine Addiction game.

CDPR announced the game had 8 million sales before the release date. Insane. It's outperforming everyone's predictions.

pZ4KxOn.jpg (source)

I don't know how you create an incredibly population-dense sprawling urban environment and get away from what you're describing, though. It's just not humanly possibly without using some kind of procedural system, and then you make other sacrifices. I'm not trying to give CP2077 a free pass, I just honestly don't think the technology exists to pull off a truly interactive city on a massive scale. It would either take human resources on a scale WAY beyond what any game or development studio has ever had before, or technology to simplify its creation that just doesn't exist yet.
I think Watch Dogs Legion pulled it off. That game looks and runs great with all the life of a real city. I don't care what anybody says. Watch Dogs legion should be Game of the year.

I think Watch Dogs Legion pulled it off. That game looks and runs great with all the life of a real city. I don't care what anybody says. Watch Dogs legion should be Game of the year.
Hard pass there. Had to be the most boring, and copy-paste open world game of the year.

I played a bit, with DLSS on Quality I noticed that edges have blocks on them during motion and then get crispy once I stop moving the camera. I had RTX on ultra with the rest of the settings a mix of high/ultra and framerate was decent on my 3080 at 3440x1440. I turned DLSS off and it was unplayable so I'll stick with these settings for now.

I'm playing on an ultrawide and noticed some weird letterbox glitches once in a while where the game forgets to load the rest of the HUD like it thinks it is 16:9 mode. Pressing ESC to get back to menu fixed it though.

Last edited:
Not too bad so far, 1440p with everything maxed, RT Ultra + DLSS on either Auto or Quality (Auto seems slightly faster but presumably looks a bit worse) getting at least 60 in most places I would say, or at least not noticeable slowdown. Game looks gorgeous.

Only bugs so far, some random junk looks like I should be able to pick it up but can't sometimes, and the clothing glitches where you will randomly be naked, or partially, or your "bits" clip through the clothes. Nothing game-breaking so far. Also had some weird audio clipping in the bar at the beginning of the game (as a Street Kid) but haven't noticed it elsewhere.

Definitely a little rough around the edges but man, seems awesome so far.

Oh that reminds me I did have audio issues as well in the bar. Setting my sample rate in windows to 44,100 Hz down from 48,000 Hz fixed it.

CDPR announced the game had 8 million sales before the release date. Insane. It's outperforming everyone's predictions.

View attachment 307871 (source)

Hey folks, guess what happens when your only competition gets distracted on porting Skyrim to the Commodore 64 / Sega VR glasses, and keeps pumping dough into that that stupid thing called Fallout 76?

Oh yeah, no new SP game releases in the last five years!

You think folks have been waiting a long-ass time for Cyber? Bethesda fans are so bored, They keep releasing expansion packs for Fallout 4 : The Sims Edition (aka Sim Settlements)

https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/21872

I think 8 million preorders is exactly where I expected it to be.

Last edited:
To get decent performance with Ray Tracing on (at 4K), I ended up dropping most settings to medium with a few (like world detail and such) at high. Ray traced lighting on ultra looks better than medium...but it also makes looking around choppy for me. That's with a pad, even. I'm keeping it at medium and still getting most of the same experience. In some ways it's less blinding, which isn't a bad thing, too. All of the lighting effects can be a little much.

Game-wise, I'm enjoying it. I don't think it's the second coming, but I like where things are headed and it's the kind of game I wanted. I'm not far enough to make any real judgements, but I've enjoyed the first 45 minutes.

Is there any way to make the subtitles where random people are talking any larger? The main plot-based ones are fine, but the ones for everyone else = tiny. I can barely read them and they tend to speak very quietly.

I'm sure there are bugs and issues but I have to be honest. I started this one up around 5pm and just logged out. I'm pretty hooked, the amount of detail is really something.
Yeah same here. I cannot believe how much shit there is to do. I just open the map and see all these quests. And places to go.....unreal. Even found some random elevator went up to the top floor and found a lvl 20 sniper rifle and I’m lvl 3 hahaha....

Don’t get me wrong I have found some minor bugs. But nothing game breaking yet. I will say it’s nice to finally have a game that looks and plays this good to bring a pc to its knees in performance. No longer will the term can it play crisis be used!

Watchdogzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz........

I loved WD2, but Legion is a snooze fest. Ubi needs a kick in the pants to avoid a boredom spiral, not a reward.

In this people feel alive, the model animation is just amazing, even if performance is rough.

To get decent performance with Ray Tracing on (at 4K), I ended up dropping most settings to medium with a few (like world detail and such) at high. Ray traced lighting on ultra looks better than medium...but it also makes looking around choppy for me. That's with a pad, even. I'm keeping it at medium and still getting most of the same experience. In some ways it's less blinding, which isn't a bad thing, too. All of the lighting effects can be a little much.

Game-wise, I'm enjoying it. I don't think it's the second coming, but I like where things are headed and it's the kind of game I wanted. I'm not far enough to make any real judgements, but I've enjoyed the first 45 minutes.

Is there any way to make the subtitles where random people are talking any larger? The main plot-based ones are fine, but the ones for everyone else = tiny. I can barely read them and they tend to speak very quietly.
I saw something about changing it in the audio menu somewhere, I'll try to find it tomorrow (played to the first tutorial, but need to go to sleep)

You know that goes both ways, right?

Eh...I played through WD: Legion and while it was a fun game, it's got nothing on CP2077.

Step 1. Locate your Cyberpunk files

Step 2. Cyberpunk 2077 > r6 > config

Step 3. Open "inputUserMappings.xml" using notepad++ or the like

Step 4. Ctrl+F > replace

Step 5. replace every instance of "IK_F" (WITH QUOTES!!) to "IK_G"(or whatever you want your "use" key to be)

Step 6. Save the file and launch the game

after that you should be able to bind F to whatever you want; In my case walk right is now bindable to F.

Edit: Make sure you do it with quotes or else replacing all IK_F will also replace your F1 - F12 binds and will likely break the game

Edit Edit: If anyone finds out a way to do toggle aim instead of hold aim *PLEASE* let me know, I'm at the post prologue tutorial and it is killing me
Thank you for this, the key bindings were driving me crazy and seriously impacting my enjoyment. I ended up doing a replace all for 8 keys in that file, so far so good.

I feel like the bitter SC backers are really coming out in force, sorry you guys had to see what a real developer can do in about 5 years of development!
It's 8, and still a buggy mess. It came out, which makes it infinitely better than SC, but let's not make it a positive example of how game development should be handled.

I like how the world is utterly packed with details but they miss little things like people not running away while you're having a firefight 10 feet from them.

People are just chilling in their cars as bullets fly and instead of running, they just crouch down and start screaming.

Also had someone try to grab me or something as I grabbed them. Wound up holding them all glitchy and fucked up and threw them in a dumpster while they were conscious.
That's the rushed surface level complexity that I've seen many mistake for an incredibly complex world building [not saying it isn't in other aspects], and is a telling of a troubled and rushed development.

Last edited:
I just distracted 2 people having a conversation and managed to kidnap one of them. Having concluded his investigation, the remaining dude goes back and continues chatting to a now empty room.

A++

I never knew the future would be littered with so many decks of playing cards.
Better yet is how effective they are to recycle. The future is green.

At least one of my guns is built out of dismantled soda cans, ketchup packets, shoes, and playing cards.

There's just so much to do, within just the first 4 hours even. The world just sucks you in, bugs and all.

It's also incredibly satisfying running around with a katana and pistol. Can't wait until CDPR irons out the janks because I can see myself coming back to this repeatedly, just like Witcher 3.

Back