CyberPower Review?

Should [H]ard|OCP review a CyberPower system?

• Absolutely, I've wondered about their quality.

Votes: 63 66.3%
  • Heck no, I know they suck!

Votes: 21 22.1%
  • Nah, I don't really care.

Votes: 11 11.6%

• Total voters
OK, I'm going with Anchen now that they are DIFFERENT companies.
I found additional positive reviews on the specific UPS model on newegg, so I'm going to order it (from buy.com).
Thanks again for the input.

I have a customer of mine that has 4 of their systems and usually buys a new one every other year. He's happy with them and when I have worked on them they do a good job of putting everything together.

You really don't have to look far. Just check their forums. It's not like anyone there has anything nice to say and the horror stories are literally horror stories. ( e.g. "I sent my computer back with a power source issue and they replaced my EVGA 260 with a ATI 4870") or you could read the section in their warranty that says they can give you "refurbished" parts to fix your system. Nothing like needing a new video card to fix the broke one you have and getting an even older, pre-broke one in return. They have cheap prices because they treat you cheaply.. I looked at them for 5 months before deciding it was worth spending more money on a better company with a FAR better service record.

Btw, to that other poster.. according to the BBB, Cyberpower and Ibuypower are located at the same address. Feel free to draw conclusions as you may. Personally, i think it was Cyberpower's way of shunting the bad rep and giving the same crap service.

Seriously, everytime I see that site, it makes me think of this

I bought a system from them for my brother. I didn't have the opportunity to inspect it until after several months.

It turns out the BIOS settings were all screwed up; the CPU was running at the lowest multiplier and lowest bus speed possible (core 2 quad; stock speed of 2.83 GHz, running at around 1 GHz or something.) Cranking up the CPU to run at stock speeds, and increasing the fan speed, made the system run OK.

The front stuck-on 'Cyberpower' nameplate on the case was crooked.

Otherwise, I guess it was ok. I wouldn't buy from them again, though.

WOW, I can't believe this thread is still going! I made this thing years ago :eek:

For the record, my friend did buy from them and it was an absolute nightmare. 5 month wait period (not kidding), dented case, heatsink came with NO THERMAL PASTE ON THE CPU! Keep in mind this is pre-installed! We're lucky I caught it in time and it didn't blow the machine.

Horrible service, horrible machines, would never, ever buy again.

Just goes to show you some places never change,the only thing you can depend on with Cyberpower is bad service.They probably spend more on advertising than on quality control,build technicians,and customer support combined.

Back