Custom PC Power & Cooling Power Supply

jen4950

[H]F Junkie
Not sure how many of you know that PCP&C will wire you up a custom wiring harness for your power supply for something like $50 (don't know yet exactly- still in the ordering process).

I'm in the process of getting a 510 Deluxe with 9 SATA connectors, 8 4pin connectors, 1 mini connector and the standard ATX and square 4 pin connectors. On top of that, I have a Lian-Li PC-76 so I got custom cable lengths with 3 of the cables long enough to get to the bottom of the case where my HDD's are and be able to snake them around my case. It comes stock with 2 SATA connectors.

Black mesh sleeving comes standard on all of the cables-

I'll post pics when I get it.

These people have been great to work with- sent me a schematic of the new wiring for me to okay via e-mail and have been very prompt and courteous with the corrospondance.

http://pcpowerandcooling.com/about/index_whatnew510.htm

Did you ask for a quieter cooling fan too? No experience with one of these monsters... yet, but looking at the fan spec, 34db to 44db, that's going to get a little irritating. Also, I'm very interested in seeing what kind of price breakdown there is for custom jobs, as I was looking at getting a 510 deluxe with the aforementioned quieter cooling fan.

Sysjack said:
Did you ask for a quieter cooling fan too? No experience with one of these monsters... yet, but looking at the fan spec, 34db to 44db, that's going to get a little irritating. Also, I'm very interested in seeing what kind of price breakdown there is for custom jobs, as I was looking at getting a 510 deluxe with the aforementioned quieter cooling fan.

This is actually going under my desk, and I'm also using Dynamat inside (plenty of room in my PC-76 :D ) and 'sound foam' on my back wall to cancel reflected sound; so I'm not really worried about it. But I'm sure they would be more than willing to accomodate based upon my current experience.

Sysjack said:

mine isn't annoying at all, but if you want a quieter fan they'll do it no problem. you just gotta call the 1-800 number and ask them.

Custom_PSU_W.jpg

Big PIC

Got it in the mail today- I like it! :D

Here's my 'order' sheet:

PCPAC_510_Custom.jpg

How much did it end up costing?

Looks great! I like the Caution High Voltage on it, heh.

If you click the big pic you can see it's a Seagate Cheetah HD, with a piece of ESD safe tape holding a temp probe to it :p

Sysjack said:
If you click the big pic you can see it's a Seagate Cheetah HD, with a piece of ESD safe tape holding a temp probe to it :p

I'm using a Digital Doc to power all of the fans; and it came with surface sensors. I was running out of things to monitor :D More fans than interesting temps! :D

hey, you have a matching dog :p

Give us a good PIC of the DOG

thats a serious cable routing problem you had there, nice job ;)

Thats reall cool but mabey a little to pricy, so does it work good Id say it better for that price.

they are fantastic
the line regulation and ripple being as tight as it gets (1% and 10mV) for the main rails
and really fat on the amps

Ice Czar said:
hey, you have a matching dog :p

Give us a good PIC of the DOG

thats a serious cable routing problem you had there, nice job ;)

Dallas_4th_2004_W.jpg

Big PIC

Dallas- He's a damn good dog if you ask me. :D That pic is over the 4th of July.

When he was a bit younger (circa March 2002):
Dallas_3_4_0002.JPG

Dallas_01.jpg

:D

nice...I wonder if they'll make you one with the 24 pin connector, and the new PCIe connector?

I wish all this stuff was more standardized when I got my 510 deluxe... I would've like the slightly more future proof 24 pin connector, and pcie connector..

hes adorable, and nice color coordination with the PCP&C

my girls (or most of them) Gretazilla & Corinna
snoww.jpeg

and part of the extended pack
BoBob.jpg

run a pack of 4 to 7 overclocked dogs depending on the day of the week :p

Slightly offtopic, but for some reason those sata cables look might sexy. :p

dudewth said:
Slightly offtopic, but for some reason those sata cables look might sexy. :p

I was impressed at how nice and clean they looked bundled that way myself.

Bundle only sheilded SATA cables
cheap SATA cables may not have sheilding and that could be an issue
see the SATA Cautions in the Data Storage FAQ

Ice Czar said:
Bundle only sheilded SATA cables
cheap SATA cables may not have sheilding and that could be an issue
see the SATA Cautions in the Data Storage FAQ

Yeah- I've been reading up about that; do you have any sources for 'super quality' shielded SATA cables?

I bundled them up to see how it would look- I'm planning on top notch cables before I fire it up-

Wow that is an absolutely sweet wiring job with a great psu. And I'm so jealous of all that storage you have...break the terabyte barrier?

ehZn said:
Wow that is an absolutely sweet wiring job with a great psu. And I'm so jealous of all that storage you have...break the terabyte barrier?

Working on it :D

I'll be getting an 8 or 12 channel 3Ware card; waiting on the 400GB SATA Seagate drives. Getting the machine up and running otherwise.

Back