Custom Apogee Drive II adapter for Asrock X99e-itx/ac for SFF build

chemist_slime

[H]ard|Gawd
Hi,
I've seen a few ppl use the Apogee Drive II on their Asrock x99e-itx but they've all had to modify either the Narrow ILM plate from EKWB or do some other sort of hack with compromise i.e. the block doesn't fit center over the CPU due to the memory slots being right next to the CPU.

I'm creating a custom build that will ideally fit a Dual 970 GTX, Xeon 2676 V3 into a 5L custom case water cooled with the Apogee Drive II Pump/CPU block combo. Due to the nature of the in/outlet on opposite sides of the block, it would interfere with the memory slots so a custom adapter was needed so the block would fit 90 degree with in/outlet on the top and bottom of the CPU socket. I'm wondering if anyone else has done something like this? I'm attaching my preliminary sketches and any advice would be appreciated.

Screen Shot 2016-07-03 at 8.45.52 PM.png

Screen Shot 2016-07-03 at 8.59.27 PM.png

Yea, I'm working on getting it cut now, will show you guys the final product when it's done.

I'm creating a custom build that will ideally fit a Dual 970 GTX, Xeon 2676 V3 into a 5L custom case water cooled with the Apogee Drive II Pump/CPU block combo.

Holy shit, how will that work? I guess something similar to QinX' build, so the GPUs atop the mainboard and a big radiator next to them with at least two powerbricks? Where's the buildlog?

Back