Ctrl+Alt+Del goes Animated!

I think you might only need to pay for the hardcore, still pretty cool though. It seems like a lot of work, paying for it isn't that bad.

Moose777 said:
Forgive me....but what in the hell is CAD?
Short for Ctrl+Alt+Del.
Yoshmaista said:
CAD is getting worse and worse, I find, and G4TV is a sin against gaming.
I haven't seen it get worse and yes G4TV is a sin against gaming but what other channel would you air a series like this on? That is if that would ever happen.

Yes, I know what CAD stands for I'm asking what is CAD...as in why should I care that it's going animated?

When I read teh title I immediately though, "Wow, they are going to make a little animated gif that pops up on my screen everytime I push "Cntrl + Alt + Del" to bring up the Task Manager or reboot my rig? That's pretty gay."

I'm assuming it's a cartoon of sorts but I've never seen it so I'd like to know what it is and where I can see some of them.

Moose777 said:
Yes, I know what CAD stands for I'm asking what is CAD...as in why should I care that it's going animated?

When I read teh title I immediately though, "Wow, they are going to make a little animated gif that pops up on my screen everytime I push "Cntrl + Alt + Del" to bring up the Task Manager or reboot my rig? That's pretty gay."

I'm assuming it's a cartoon of sorts but I've never seen it so I'd like to know what it is and where I can see some of them.
If you had actually read my first post then you would have seen the link to the main website where you'll find the comic. You just read the title of this thread and didn't care to read anything else didn't you?

Here's a direct link to their comic section. Think of it as Penny Arcade but actually funny and entertaining. Plus the comic is updated 4 times a week.
http://ctrlaltdel-online.com/comic.php

No I did. I clicked on both links actually. I even watched the trailer and was thinking to myself "What in the hell is this?"

I honestly didn't know it was an e-comic. I really thought it was some new cartoon or something and was wondering why I hadn't seen it before on [adult swim] or something cause I'm a huge cartoon nut.

Moose777 said:
No I did. I clicked on both links actually. I even watched the trailer and was thinking to myself "What in the hell is this?"

I honestly didn't know it was an e-comic. I really thought it was some new cartoon or something and was wondering why I hadn't seen it before on [adult swim] or something cause I'm a huge cartoon nut.

Umm... I'd think the link to the main CAD page in the OP would've given away that it was a webcomic...

G4 is nothing but a buncha $$$ whores that make no sence when they review a videogame. X-play is a great example, Adam and Morgan will rip a game apart talking about how boring it is and how the graphics and controls suck and still give it a 3/5. Then you will hear a review on a different game that sounds like a 3/5 and it ends up with a 2/5.

I miss the days of Tech TV / ZD TV with Leo Laport and Pateric Norton.

What was the topic of this thread again?

Moose777 said:

w00t

I'm not the only one who thought that then. >.>

these are just gonna be 4-5 minute sections of the comic that are animated. I don't think he plans to make this into a TV show.....atleast I sure hope not. that would undoubtedly ruin the comic.

LunchboX3904 said:
these are just gonna be 4-5 minute sections of the comic that are animated. I don't think he plans to make this into a TV show.....atleast I sure hope not. that would undoubtedly ruin the comic.

They could easily air them between shows, if that's the case. ;x

Nuzzles said:
They could easily air them between shows, if that's the case. ;x
very true, but that wouldn't be good for commercial revenues, and i think he's only putting out one per month, so they would have a very limited amount to show.

I'm curious to hear the voices. It will be very interesting to see how well they fit the characters.

ameoba said:
Umm... I'd think the link to the main CAD page in the OP would've given away that it was a webcomic...
Considering the fact that I was rudely awoken at 5am and then decided to while in a camotose state jump on the computer about an hour or so later I can almost bet that I was in escence still sleeping when I originally looked at the thread.

I have however found the web comics and started reading them from the beginning and found them quite entertaining.

Though Foamy the Squirrel is still my all time favorite.

DukenukemX said:
I Think of it as Penny Arcade but actually funny and entertaining. Plus the comic is updated 4 times a week.

Well that's not very nice. I've always found PA to be much more entertaining than CAD. Plus Tycho's newsposts are usually written quite eloquently and are often times humorous on their own.

I'm a PA man, myself. CAD has its moments, but sometimes it goes for 6 or 7 strips at a time where I fail to find any humor whatsoever...and 3 or 4 where it doesn't seem like humor was even attempted. Not that I could do better, though.

finalgt said:
I'm a PA man, myself. CAD has its moments, but sometimes it goes for 6 or 7 strips at a time where I fail to find any humor whatsoever...and 3 or 4 where it doesn't seem like humor was even attempted. Not that I could do better, though.

\m/

Weird bit of info that is ammitedly off topic, but here goes. During my undergrad at NC State I actually took a course that was taught by the guy who "invented" Ctrl-Alt-Del, Dr. Dave Bradley. He worked on the first PC at IBM and decided that they needed to choose a key sequence that would do a quick reboot. He chose Ctrl-Alt-Del because those keys are far enough apart that you can't really press them together accidentally.

He always said in class that even though he invented it, Bill Gates has made Ctrl-Alt-Del famous.

finalgt said:

CAD touches areas of gaming where PA doesn't. For example Lilah a girl gamer. Lucas the computer tech who seriously would love to create his own video game.

To me PA will have it's moments. Though mostly it's two guys who talk about current events in gaming. Compared to CAD where you have two guys who interact with other people and have jobs. I have no idea what Tycho and Gabe's jobs are. That is if they don't make a living with their comics.

I also have a hard time understanding PA's comic when I know their comics don't look anything like them.

Gabe-N-Tycho.jpg

I guess it comes down to whether you prefer a plot with your comic or if you prefer irreverent off the wall humor that sometimes touches on gaming news. I'm with finalgt, I think CAD has it's moments, but sometimes there's just too much time spent building up the characters and nothing really funny happens. Occasionally PA puts out something I'm not too fond of, but for the most part I find their comics to be consistently funnier.

DukenukemX said:
CAD touches areas of gaming where PA doesn't. For example Lilah a girl gamer. Lucas the computer tech who seriously would love to create his own video game.

To me PA will have it's moments. Though mostly it's two guys who talk about current events in gaming. Compared to CAD where you have two guys who interact with other people and have jobs. I have no idea what Tycho and Gabe's jobs are. That is if they don't make a living with their comics.

I also have a hard time understanding PA's comic when I know their comics don't look anything like them.

Gabe-N-Tycho.jpg

1) Girl Gamer? PA's had that for a while now. Besides that, what does where a comic 'touches' have to do with its humor?

2) You honestly think Jerry and Mike wouldn't want to make their own games?

3) Current events...yeah...but even more than that they talk about the soul of gaming a lot. CAD is only done by one guy, by the way, and yes, Mike and Jerry make all their bank off the comics now. And quite nice the bank is.

And once again--what does the people looking like the characters they portray have to do with the quality of the webcomic?

You can like CAD better than PA all day long--just don't try to justify it. It's just an opinion dude :p

I find CAD more entertaining then PA, although I do read and enjoy both. I just like the ongoing storylines of CAD better.

G4 is the devil. I haven't watched that absolute garbage since TTV went bye bye. The programming on that channel is so horrid that I can't believe that it's still a channel. Total crap.

ManCannon said:
Well that's not very nice. I've always found PA to be much more entertaining than CAD. Plus Tycho's newsposts are usually written quite eloquently and are often times humorous on their own.

Yeah, I'm in the same boat as you. I personally like both comics. The only comic I read every publication that I notice a huge downward trend is real life comics. It used to be funny, but not it just seems to be forced.

2_hotty said:
I find CAD more entertaining then PA, although I do read and enjoy both. I just like the ongoing storylines of CAD better.

G4 is the devil. I haven't watched that absolute garbage since TTV went bye bye. The programming on that channel is so horrid that I can't believe that it's still a channel. Total crap.

They DID get Call For Help back, so that's one thing I would watch if I still had it :p

Yoshmaista said:
CAD is getting worse and worse, I find, and G4TV is a sin against gaming.

The real sin against gaming is this crap called the Spike TV Video Game Awards hosted by Samuel L. Jackson. :rolleyes: It aires in a week or so.

Sobek said:
The real sin against gaming is this crap called the Spike TV Video Game Awards hosted by Samuel L. Jackson. :rolleyes: It aires in a week or so.

Damn you Sammy. Why did you have to do it? Why?

Back