Cryorig Taku Cooling in tropic weather. Solutions?

Zyklon808

Gawd
So I built myself a fancy lil Taku itx machine. However it needs a crazy slim HSF or a Corsair H60 wedged inside (as seen in other builds). Max height is 48mm, or something a little bigger with a slim fan. You guys got any suggestions for a good slim HSF?

Pantera_666

Weaksauce
i would start by delidding and using liquid metal, even bare die if it takes that...
before buying into different heatsinks and getting 1c or 2c improvements, i think it's worth a try...
coming from a dan a4 (48mm too) and a ghost s1, i can say that the best improvements were by delidding and liquid metal (about 10c total)

Zyklon808

Gawd
i would start by delidding and using liquid metal, even bare die if it takes that...
before buying into different heatsinks and getting 1c or 2c improvements, i think it's worth a try...
coming from a dan a4 (48mm too) and a ghost s1, i can say that the best improvements were by delidding and liquid metal (about 10c total)
Good idea, however delidding an i3-8350k at this point seems silly!

IdiotInCharge

NVIDIA SHILL
What are you using now?

I have a Taku, but in an air conditioned environment- my main complaint is noise more than heat. I have a 7600k in it (so similar) and a C7 on top, but have some Noctua HSF that I need to swap out and try too.

Zyklon808

Gawd
Sweet, the 6th or 7th person on earth besides me that has a Taku!

That's funny, I ordered a C7 from OverclockersUK and I got a Noctua L9 coming in from Amazon as well. I'll be finding out here what one will be better next week.

IdiotInCharge

NVIDIA SHILL
Price is wild, and they fell a bit short in terms of execution- but I like the overall concept quite a bit. It's my 'Linux Desktop'.