CRT -- slight shadowing of black bordered objects?

SH1

[H]ard|Gawd
When I'm displaying a black bordered object against, especially, a gray background, there's light vertical lines to the right of the image right after the black border.

An example would be editing a word document with the white page with its thick black right edge border against the gray background. And then faint white vertical lines to the right of the black border.

Anybody else see this sort of thing?

(Also, I see a little shadowing of the main menu of Bioshock. The one against the water at the beginning...)

I tried different cables to no avail. Guess I'm wondering at this point if a bit of that sort of shadowing is normal...

When you say you tried different cables, which cables are they. I remember using a vga cable, and I had some shadowing problems, I bought a Svga cable and it was a LOT better, though it was still there if the right conditions existed and I looked closely enough.

When you say you tried different cables, which cables are they. I remember using a vga cable, and I had some shadowing problems, I bought a Svga cable and it was a LOT better, though it was still there if the right conditions existed and I looked closely enough.

You could certainly be right. I tried several DVI-A to VGA cables. But that doesn't mean there are not better cables out there that would help.

Any changes that you can recall that preceded the shadowing?

- New video card or driver?
- New vga cable
- Any imaging software or related files?
- any newly installed electronics on the same power circuit?
- speaker placement or the introduction of any magnets nearby? (longshot)

Any changes that you can recall that preceded the shadowing?

- New video card or driver?
- New vga cable
- Any imaging software or related files?
- any newly installed electronics on the same power circuit?
- speaker placement or the introduction of any magnets nearby? (longshot)

Well, actually, I moved a few months ago. It's possible that has something to do with it and I just didn't notice it initially...(It's only noticeable in certain instances...)

There might just be more electical or magnetic noise here...

Fixed it. It was two things.

BNC connectors were acting like an antenna and pulling in some electrical interference from elsewhere (from my other equipment or that of a neighbor). I switched to a non-BNC cable, which has better shielding on the ends, and disconnected the BNC connector internally. (I opened up the monitor to do this, which I don't recommend, because of the danger.)

And I was able to clean up most of the rest by later switching to a premium cable by BetterCables that I still had from before my switch to a DVI out only card. (So I have to use an adapter, but oh well...)

I'm relieved...because I really like this monitor....

Back