Crossfire mATX board @ newegg?

i know intel is doing it with some chipsets with crosfire, but is the 945 chipset capable of doing crossfire?

If that board suported Crossfire I'd go Intel in my SFF build. Anyone have a way of knowing if it does?

Excuse me if I am wrong, but the 4x PCI-E slot would appear way to short to accomodate a full size card.
Not only that, with Crossfire enabled would that not only cuase extreme latency as one slot would be running at twice the speed, since Crossfire effectivley throttles the PCI-E 16x's down to 8x?

No and no. The X4 slot has no 'end' to it, if you look closely at the mobo pictures the 'end' of the pci-e x4 slot has no cap to it, so any pci-e card can be placed in it. SLi baords work at 16x and 4x, 16x and 1x, or 8x and 8x. Same with dual lane 9XX series intel and Xfire boards. Any configuration is fine as long as the cards have at least 4x of bandwidth to work with, at 1x they start to choke with high end cards.

Who want to buy it? I might, but it's a little pricey... :(

Nice find though! When do you find the time to look at every board on NE?

Anyone going to try it with a Crossfire Pair? If it works I would build a system on it!

My friend and I both have x1800xl crossfire cards, so i can just borrow his real quick and try this out. Hopefull it works

Well hopefully either you or your friend's card is a Master card or you can guarantee you won't be seeing much...

Sweet! I'm waiting for a Crossfire mATX AMD board. It's good to see that there are at least some mATX Crossfire options out there.

sleepeeg3 said:
Well hopefully either you or your friend's card is a Master card or you can guarantee you won't be seeing much...

you can still do crossfire, just the image will be fubared in 3d

the 4x slot is on msi k-8n moards and they say it works on nveedia cards its what i have and if someone will send me a chaintech 6600 le or $100 you will know if the 4x slot works like that :D

Back