Crossfire and Dual Monitors

kenprescott21

Limp Gawd
I just purchased the Westinghouse L2610NW from BB. A Beautiful, Huge monitor, a big upgrade from my 17". Im in love with it.

Anyways when I plug both of my monitors into the primary card it will lock up the pc with a weird tv snow like screen.

I read online that two monitors wont work with crossfire and some that say it will. Any help on how to get it to work?

Crossfire does work with multiple monitors. It was SLI, until recently, that didn't work.

Which catalyst drivers are you running? Version of Windows?

afaik you can run dual monitors with 2 cards as long as they they are not in crossfire, if you want to run duals then they have to be out of crossfire mode.. but i ma be completely off base if i am someone please correct

wrong. OP make sure your monitor is not CLONING your original display to your 17" causing it to act weird

I run crossfire with 2 4850's and dual monitors.

upgrade your cat's, i never got the 9.1's to work right, and the windows 7 preview driver caused BSOD's with 2 monitors, but not 1. no problems since the 9.2's, running 9.3 right now.

and if you get em working, and dont know about this, check out Ultramon www.realtimesoft.com/ultramon

afaik you can run dual monitors with 2 cards as long as they they are not in crossfire, if you want to run duals then they have to be out of crossfire mode.. but i ma be completely off base if i am someone please correct

Wrong. You can :)

indeed, i do it all the time, especially in cloning mode, but it isn't changing resolution either.

I was thinking of doing dual 21.5" monitors running 1080p with my 4870 x2 any downsides to this? Worth it at all, would like another monitor but not truly needed right yet, but was thinking of doing 2 instead of going 30"

I'm running crossfire on win7 with dual monitors (one at 1080p 1:1) and no problems..

Sapphire 3870 Toxic x2 crossfire
ATI Catalyst 8.11
Windows 7 Beta
+ two LCD monitors plugged into the top video card (1920x1200 26" and 1680x1050 22")

Last edited:
Dug through the catalyst, where do i check to see if its set to clone mode?

Edit:
http://ati.amd.com/technology/crossfire/faq.html

6. Can I use the CrossFire platform to drive multiple displays?

A. Yes, the CrossFire platform will work with ATI SurroundView™ multi-monitor technology to enable up to 5 separate displays when not running in CrossFire mode

Disabling Crossfire is ftl

Last edited:
Back